Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Welcome to The Wolf

Share On:

Post subject: G'day from Brisbane!
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:07 pm 
YTS

Hi guys!

Brisbane Wolves fan here, my family is originally from Ireland and then emigrated to Wolverhampton and split from there. I'm of the half that is over here and the rest are still in Wolverhampton! Always supported Wolves after my Grandfather told me about a relative (? Great uncle) who used to play keeper for the wanderers - I have no idea if their is any truth in that story and least of all a name that might help me reveal that story. Anyway over the next month there will be a bunch of firsts for me:
First time in Brunei
First time in Dubai
First time in U.K.
First time in Europe
First time in Wolverhampton
First EPL game
First time seeing Wolves play
First time in Molineux
First time seeing Wolves beat QPR

So as you can tell i'm pretty stoked with the whole situation. Got tickets for my Girlfriend and I in the Billy Wright stand. Looking forward to getting along to the club shop and picking up a new long-sleeve home kit as well!

Only question I have is where is the best place for pre and post match drinks? I want to get the best match day atmosphere I can while i'm there!

Oh also I support my local team passionately here as well;

And if you want to see the best game of football i've ever ever ever witnessed;
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/SS49ue3v-pQ[/youtube]

Cheers Guys!

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: G'day from Brisbane!
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:30 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

BrisbaneWolf wrote:
Hi guys!

Brisbane Wolves fan here, my family is originally from Ireland and then emigrated to Wolverhampton and split from there. I'm of the half that is over here and the rest are still in Wolverhampton! Always supported Wolves after my Grandfather told me about a relative (? Great uncle) who used to play keeper for the wanderers - I have no idea if their is any truth in that story and least of all a name that might help me reveal that story. Anyway over the next month there will be a bunch of firsts for me:
First time in Brunei
First time in Dubai
First time in U.K.
First time in Europe
First time in Wolverhampton
First EPL game
First time seeing Wolves play
First time in Molineux
First time seeing Wolves beat QPR

So as you can tell i'm pretty stoked with the whole situation. Got tickets for my Girlfriend and I in the Billy Wright stand. Looking forward to getting along to the club shop and picking up a new long-sleeve home kit as well!

Only question I have is where is the best place for pre and post match drinks? I want to get the best match day atmosphere I can while i'm there!

Oh also I support my local team passionately here as well;

And if you want to see the best game of football i've ever ever ever witnessed;
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/SS49ue3v-pQ[/youtube]

Cheers Guys!

Welcome to the site mate, I hope all your trips work out.

First time you have seen Wolves play?, thats one more than some of our resident experts on here mate :lol:

Welcome to the best Wolves site in the whole of Ashmore Park.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

:smt039 Hello. Hope the trip goes well.

Plenty of people on here will point you in the direction of the Moon for pre match drinks, but there are a couple of alternatives closer to the ground. How long will you be around for before kick-off? If you've got all day, maybe start in town and then walk a bit closer to the ground when the atmosphere starts to build at around 2ish.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:14 pm 
YTS

Yeah, i'll be there all day. I'll probably see all the sights and get my head around the lay of the land on the 16th and from sunrise to well after sunset on the 17th it'll be WWFC-Mania. And when I say first time i've seen Wolves play, I mean in person, of course I watch every week or at least attempt to!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:42 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

Welcome to the forum mate. :D

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

carly88 wrote:
:smt039 Hello. Hope the trip goes well.

Plenty of people on here will point you in the direction of the Moon for pre match drinks, but there are a couple of alternatives closer to the ground. How long will you be around for before kick-off? If you've got all day, maybe start in town and then walk a bit closer to the ground when the atmosphere starts to build at around 2ish.

Yup, The Moon Under Water opposite the theatre is as good a place to meet someone to talk to without having ale slopped over you. The club shop in town is quite close as well. Nearer the ground it's like a case of fighting your way to the bar and waiting half an hour to be served.

Hope you bring us good luck for the day as QPR will be fielding their recently acquired billion dollar players.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

welcome,the moon is indeed a fine place to land.Clocks will make you drink cider!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

hi ya

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:16 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Location: Shell Corner, Blackheath, Dudley, Black Country, England. :-)
lucca wolf wrote:
welcome,the moon is indeed a fine place to land.Clocks will make you drink cider!

Ha ha.............. :oops:

Yeah the Moon Under Water is the place to go, beer reasonably priced and quite a few off this forum go in before the game, (some of us well before the game) :wink: :lol:

Let us know when you are over here, and welcome to the forum. :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:28 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Welcome Brisbane wolf.

Enjoy posting and take Rozza's comments with a pinch of salt - the site is great in the Scotlands as well and personally I can't work out who the "experts" are on here.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:27 am 
YTS

Thanks for the info lads. The only thing i really need to do on the 17th is pick up my tickets! The moon sounds grand, definitely will be well in there before the match ? after the match as well. One last thing; any issue showing home colours on match day or would i best be advised to keep them covered?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:01 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Location: Shell Corner, Blackheath, Dudley, Black Country, England. :-)
BrisbaneWolf wrote:
Thanks for the info lads. The only thing i really need to do on the 17th is pick up my tickets! The moon sounds grand, definitely will be well in there before the match ? after the match as well. One last thing; any issue showing home colours on match day or would i best be advised to keep them covered?

You will be fine in colours mate. No problems whatsoever.

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Welcome to The Wolf