Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent

Share On:

Post subject: GLORY HUNTERS
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:12 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Yes i know every club has them but ....

I was as people are on deadline day on twitter and all i could see was wolves fan after wolves fan tweeting - cor wait to go up the wolves noew moxeys gone and we are buying superstars BLAH BLAH BLAH

Sorry for me a club is for life not just for glory and who we sign.

Im up the wolves becauseits a passion not because we are winning or signing every Mendes player available.

I can see this ending either us in the europa league or like pompey but either way i will be there.

Some right knobs out there who do my spring roll in i tell ya.

rant over

Roll on Burton see some of these new signings unless they need 10 weeks to settle in

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: GLORY HUNTERS
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

We could play spot the glory hunter on here.... Mmmmm....Rozza !!!!!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:

I would settle for morning glory at present.

At least we aint got as bad as Man U fans who have to tell you how long they have been fans of the club when you ask them who they support. :roll:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:

I would settle for morning glory at present.

At least we aint got as bad as Man U fans who have to tell you how long they have been fans of the club when you ask them who they support. :roll:

Very true.

I think Oldam is probably the only club with the majority of fans from Greater Manchester :D

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:42 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Glory hunting and Wolves do not go together in the same sentence, I gave up going last season until Morgan and Moxey had gone, now they are gone I might go back for a few games finances permitting but don't under-estimate the damage they did to our fan base, many turned their backs on the club because of them.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

I don't believe that Wolves has glory hunters, just old blokes who remember the good old days, and the rest of us who have grown up on a diet of embarrassing defeats, and play-off let-downs, with the occasional rare day in the sunshine.

If FOSUN build the club back up, and take us onwards and upwards, the disaffected will return. It will take a bit of time, but the scars will heal. My mate who supports Leeds, read an article on the Chinese taking over English clubs, and he said that FOSUN are the best, in so much that the head honcho is big on the history and heritage of anyhting he acquires for his portfolio.

I'd like to think that initiatives that Moxey never dreamed of, will be introduced by FOSUN, in terms of encouraging as many kids as possible, to support Wolves, and hopefully this is near the top of Dalrymple's to-do list.

When the day comes and I'm walking around London, and see kids in Wolves shirts, then, and only then, will we have glory hunters, and wouldn't that be great?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:31 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Sadly the majority of the kids they want to become wolves fans aren’t even in the UK but in China and the US. Millions to be had with global branding. The local fans showing up is a plus. Honestly, I am glad that we have someone who believes in the tradition as long as they remember it is a club that belongs in Wolverhampton and at their present ground ....ie not near the M54. I think they know that .....but they should always remember it. If they keep us at Moly and make us a top 5 team....who can complain?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:38 am 
Manager
Manager

It will be interesting how soon Fosun bring forward the rebuild of the Steve Bull because capacity next season could be a problem.

Léo Bonatini using the space Wolves have neglected for decades.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:46 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
It will be interesting how soon Fosun bring forward the rebuild of the Steve Bull because capacity next season could be a problem.

Neighbour who works for them, says this in hand. The whole infrastructure is being looked at, down to the food on offer and new wheelbarrows.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Neighbour who works for them, says this in hand. The whole infrastructure is being looked at, down to the food on offer and new wheelbarrows.

If that fecker Morgan and Redshite still have a finger in the pie, I'll be furious! I wonder how quickly an old stand could be knocked down, and a new stand could be built, foundations, setting of concrete, etc? That said, aren't there several thousand new ST holders in the Steve Bull? Guess they'd have to have the bottom tier finished and open for these punters at least...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

What was short sighted about Morgan and the British coaches at our club is they didn't grasp the need for collective relaxation and sleep on campus.

At Compton or within the Mol complex Nuno may wish for a hotel complex where his players can sleep overnight when required.

Or first class facilities where the players can meet and have a pre match meal.

Monaco in France have such a complex, Jorge Mendes will be well aware of the advantages that brings.

See Morgan could have built a hotel on Compton for such a purpose which would have been very advantageous.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

I will demand a prawn sandwich before every game next year. No point in being a glory hunter if you don't get the perks

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
I will demand a prawn sandwich before every game next year. No point in being a glory hunter if you don't get the perks

Saw a couple of Wolves players buying fish products in the small Sainsburys on the Compton Road next to the vets last week.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:26 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

As a frequent visitor from the US, Wolverhampton can do with a nice new hotel. There are several nice ones but I imagine that if they had a top class hotel, it might actually be a good place to do business or attract local industry...by showing them that Wolverhampton is a modern city. I like some of the hotels but with all of its historical charm, the Mount isn’t what we need. I stayed in a hotel in Meinz, Germany that was top notch and met Jergen Klop in the lift when his Dortmund team we’re staying there. That’s the type of thing Wolverhampton needs. Modern and comfortable. They can reopen Tettenhall railway station too ;)

Rich

PS I am kidding with the last comment

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

RickyB wrote:
As a frequent visitor from the US, Wolverhampton can do with a nice new hotel. There are several nice ones but I imagine that if they had a top class hotel, it might actually be a good place to do business or attract local industry...by showing them that Wolverhampton is a modern city. I like some of the hotels but with all of its historical charm, the Mount isn’t what we need. I stayed in a hotel in Meinz, Germany that was top notch and met Jergen Klop in the lift when his Dortmund team we’re staying there. That’s the type of thing Wolverhampton needs. Modern and comfortable. They can reopen Tettenhall railway station too ;)

Rich

PS I am kidding with the last comment

Don't sell yourself short mate, all of it made me laugh.....

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Fosun bought into a huge Chinese brewery this week, its worth noting that within the new Tottenham stadium they have their own brewery.

Booze made in a new Steve Bull perhaps?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:07 am 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

knocker knowles wrote:
Fosun bought into a huge Chinese brewery this week, its worth noting that within the new Tottenham stadium they have their own brewery.

Tsingtao.

It's cost them £620m for an 18% share apparently.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Tsingtao.

Chinese rice beer, basically a lager, but far more acceptable than the Carling slop they peddle down the Mol.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Tsingtao.

Chinese rice beer, basically a lager, but far more acceptable than the Carling slop they peddle down the Mol.

Tsingtao is a region in China that was once a German Colonial enclave. Fascinating place to visit, as still has all the old German houses and keeps some German traditions. Bugger all to do with rice. Tsingtao is a very old brewery started by Germans and still brewing to the German recipes and Germanic standards. Drinking it from large green bottles (.5 lt. ) the way to go. Doesn't particularly travel well in kegs or "small" bottles. :wink:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Embers wrote:

Tsingtao is a region in China that was once a German Colonial enclave. Fascinating place to visit, as still has all the old German houses and keeps some German traditions. Bugger all to do with rice. Tsingtao is a very old brewery started by Germans and still brewing to the German recipes and Germanic standards. Drinking it from large green bottles (.5 lt. ) the way to go. Doesn't particularly travel well in kegs or "small" bottles. :wink:

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Tsingtao-Beer/53122011

Brewed using Laoshan spring water with malted barley, rice and yeast

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:
Embers wrote:

Never had any bleeding rice in mine. Quingdoa is Tsingtao same name different spelling. German Protectorate in 1903.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Embers wrote:

Never had any bleeding rice in mine. Quingdoa is Tsingtao same name different spelling. German Protectorate in 1903.

All them years, and you were drinking some hooch :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:12 pm 

I prefer the Japanese lager, Sopporo. :lol:

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent