Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent

Share On:

Post subject: Bath taps?
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:08 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

I mean for crying out loud, why do they fit them in such a tight inaccessible space and with such user unfriendly fittings?

I had planned to just change the taps on the basin and bath for the wife... take me a couple of hours tops I thought!!

Gave up on the bath for today ...which will now need replacing anyway, as I managed to chip a huge chunk of fibreglass out of the top edge.

Will now have to dismantle the basin again too as space was just too tight.

Who seriously does plumbing for a living? what a ball-ache!

Not happy tonight.
:evil: :evil:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Bath taps?
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:36 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

DazDC5 wrote:
I mean for crying out loud, why do they fit them in such a tight inaccessible space and with such user unfriendly fittings?

I had planned to just change the taps on the basin and bath for the wife... take me a couple of hours tops I thought!!

Gave up on the bath for today ...which will now need replacing anyway, as I managed to chip a huge chunk of fibreglass out of the top edge.

Will now have to dismantle the basin again too as space was just too tight.

Who seriously does plumbing for a living? what a ball-ache!

Not happy tonight.
:evil: :evil:

Dazman, youth is wasted on the young, FFS mate trust Roz.

1) NEVER attempt workman type things to impress the wife because you will ALWAYS fuck it up regardless of how well you think you have done.

2) NEVER put a time frame on things of a workman type stylee to impress your wife. You are on a hiding to nothing.

3) NEVER attempt to do ANYTHING that a workman can do around the house if you have the finances to do so. That way you can drink beer whilst your wife calls the workman a c..t instead of her thinking that you are.

If you quietly stick to demanding to be the cook in the garden when barbecuing food, masturbating when she pops to the shops, watching the telly in the kitchen when her fuckin shite is on the big telly,and telling her that football means nothing to you compared to a long walk in the country with her, you will have a long and happy life, what's more, you will be a man my son.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:44 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

:lol:

trouble is ...I fitted these fucking taps twenty years ago when I/we changed the bathroom and bog into one room.....

dunno why she wants to change it again so soon ..... :wink:

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:01 am 
Manager
Manager

DazDC5 wrote:
:lol:

trouble is ...I fitted these fucking taps twenty years ago when I/we changed the bathroom and bog into one room.....

dunno why she wants to change it again so soon ….. :wink:

Selfish bit$%$££s the lot of em……………I accidentally smashed my wife's watch to bits and she moaned and bloody moaned until I had to go and get it fixed. Wasted a lot of valuable drinking time that did……

Be careful mate, this tap thing could be the tip of the iceberg. Next you'll be visiting your mother-in-law or having her over for bloody Christmas !!!!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:10 am 
Manager
Manager

I am shit at DIY, and invariably end up sweating and swearing, as I fuck things up, before calming down with several beers. The Wenches father and brother, however, can't get enough, and gardening, and if I leave jobs long enough, the old chap will end up doing them, out of irritation, every time he pops round and sees my lack of DIY nous/interest. In our old house, her brother came round, and spotted a loose screw in the porch door handle. Next thing, he reappears with his screw driver, and he hadn't even said hello.

Anyway, anyone who considers some DIY plumbing, or god forbid, electrics, is either desperate, or a right tight arse. Also, best not try and attach your gas mains to someone else's supply; whilst having a fag.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:16 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

I hear that ...BUT I'm not paying some fooker £50 just to come and look at stuff ...Google and Amazon are your best friends when in need ...unless its the missus going round busting kitchen cabinet hinges while your in the middle of summat else ... :evil:

It's all a bit a fun ayyit?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

DazDC5 wrote:
I hear that ...BUT I'm not paying some fooker £50 just to come and look at stuff ...Google and Amazon are your best friends when in need ...unless its the missus going round busting kitchen cabinet hinges while your in the middle of summat else ... :evil:

It's all a bit a fun ayyit?

Daz, one of the Dad's at our Joe's footy, was disconnecting the washing machine last week, and nearly flooded the downstairs. Be vigilant soldier :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:21 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Blimey-charlie ..... I'm always anxious when turning the water back on after opening the main or heating systems ...it's crafty stuff is watter!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:16 am 
Manager
Manager

I had a good loff at this thread, but it is fookin true when it comes to taps and drains; you need to be a fookin contortionist to get access and then you can't turn your spanner more and a Gnat's Knacker so spend fookin ages with muscles screaming trying to get the nuts undone.

Trying to regulate those chrome stopper plugs that work on a metal rod system are another nightmare, I never seem to be able to get it 100% correct and my shaving water has usually drained before I've done half of my face. I now use a fookin cooking pot to shave in.

What is it about Women and toilets; my Missus has managed to completely break one toilet block and I can assure you is it not funny being woken up at 3.30am pissed to be asked how do I switch the water off as there is a fountain in the bathroom.

Especially frustrating when the stop tap is some metal contraption fitted to steel galvanised pipes that have been dormant for 40 years under layers of lead paint, I nearly did my hernia trying to turn the effin thing, but needed to keep some strength to strangle the Missus. I could understand if she was 20 stone, but there is more meat on the Butcher's apron. I have lost count of how many Loo seats she has broken - another fiddly job with the added joy of plastic bolts and nuts that are easy to shred if you get heavy handed like I do. :roll:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:41 am 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Moscow Wolf wrote:
I had a good loff at this thread, but it is fookin true when it comes to taps and drains; you need to be a fookin contortionist to get access and then you can't turn your spanner more and a Gnat's Knacker so spend fookin ages with muscles screaming trying to get the nuts undone.

Trying to regulate those chrome stopper plugs that work on a metal rod system are another nightmare, I never seem to be able to get it 100% correct and my shaving water has usually drained before I've done half of my face. I now use a fookin cooking pot to shave in.

What is it about Women and toilets; my Missus has managed to completely break one toilet block and I can assure you is it not funny being woken up at 3.30am pissed to be asked how do I switch the water off as there is a fountain in the bathroom.

Especially frustrating when the stop tap is some metal contraption fitted to steel galvanised pipes that have been dormant for 40 years under layers of lead paint, I nearly did my hernia trying to turn the effin thing, but needed to keep some strength to strangle the Missus. I could understand if she was 20 stone, but there is more meat on the Butcher's apron. I have lost count of how many Loo seats she has broken - another fiddly job with the added joy of plastic bolts and nuts that are easy to shred if you get heavy handed like I do. :roll:

That's it mate ...welcome to my world! :twisted:

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent