Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: Social conscience
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:46 am 
Manager
Manager

]14 July 1789. The French Revolution began as Parisians stormed the Bastille prison and released 7 prisoners.[/quote]

Could the residents from another city have done it cheaper and better?[/quote]

And here's me intentionally backing off questioning the motives within the NHS.

I think the French are well in credit, it obviously worked out spectacularly well for them. Pity we didn't follow their example.

Unexpected. Michael Gove from education to Chief Whip.[/quote]

Around today you would have been on the conventions hit list don't you see the irony kk :lol:[/quote]

Over my head that one, way to clever for me, your point?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:36 am 
Manager
Manager

I think the point is stop being clever and bringing the french into it :wink:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:41 am 
Manager
Manager

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:

Haven't studied the detail yet, but during a time of ideological cuts to the front line services how are the Tories going to pay for the new Smethwick Hospital?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:52 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Haven't studied the detail yet, but during a time of ideological cuts to the front line services how are the Tories going to pay for the new Smethwick Hospital?

There is an election coming kk, like all before them they try and curry favour where most needed.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

It was just a question from an inquiring mind, nothing sinister about it KBS.

Why do governments have to borrow cash from elsewhere. Shouldn't they be the masters of their own destiny and interest rates.
Why not just build the hospitals and put the cost down to human requirements 2015/6.

And in further news.
UK to announce £1bn of military spending on drone projects, do these so called austerity savings foot the bill...

Or if the truth be told this Tory government is merely creating an ideological illusion with this austerity word.
Basically its just a fancy way of robbing the poor in society of front line services with full brain washing in progress.
Bear faced robbery while folk just stand there and accept it without so much of a fight, backed up by a right wing media constantly brain washing the public.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
It was just a question from an inquiring mind, nothing sinister about it KBS.

Why do governments have to borrow cash from elsewhere. Shouldn't they be the masters of their own destiny and interest rates.
Why not just build the hospitals and put the cost down to human requirements 2015/6.

And in further news.
UK to announce £1bn of military spending on drone projects, do these so called austerity savings foot the bill...

Or if the truth be told this Tory government is merely creating an ideological illusion with this austerity word.
Basically its just a fancy way of robbing the poor in society of front line services with full brain washing in progress.
Bear faced robbery while folk just stand there and accept it without so much of a fight, backed up by a right wing media constantly brain washing the public.

I was being cynical kk, I do not see it as a positive just an expensive gimmick that will cost probably 10 times more than originally planned.
As for brain washing until you can give me at least 5 things wrong with labour and their running of the nhs I believe you have been too.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

I hope the next Labour government, fingers crossed next year, rejects the curent government plans to turn NHS trusts into mutuals.

Also and its a pet theme, regain control of the car parks and make them free to use for the first two hours.
If visiting patients, or free of charge completely if your working within the hospital.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:22 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
I hope the next Labour government, fingers crossed next year, rejects the curent government plans to turn NHS trusts into mutuals.

Also and its a pet theme, regain control of the car parks and make them free to use for the first two hours.
If visiting patients, or free of charge completely if your working within the hospital.

Are you sure KK - it would be worth a few bob to me. :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Are you sure KK - it would be worth a few bob to me. :lol:

You would be rewarded for working not punished for turning up.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

Had to see consultant today at 10am.Had been xrayed before 10 o clock and I was called through to see him smack on the button.Princess Royal thumbs up today.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:12 am 
Manager
Manager

Had to see consultant today at 10am.Had been xrayed before 10 o clock and I was called through to see him smack on the button.Princess Royal thumbs up today.

Good to hear, I wonder how this happens, is it pretty random or does it vary the waiting times between regions.
At a time when waiting lists have hit a new high of 3 million.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:06 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Good to hear, I wonder how this happens, is it pretty random or does it vary the waiting times between regions.

I can only call it as I see it and over the past 18 months I've seen pretty much everything kk.Three different hospitals, many different doctors, nurses, consultants,various support services and I would say it is random.
You talk about social conscience and I had to stop myself going on a crusade against a certain hospital and why?a mixture of it would have taken over me and I needed to move on.It would have driven me mad, so selfish or not I didn't.
I did affect some change in my local doctors surgery though and so I may have made a difference to somebody somewhere but that consumed me and so I stick to having a ramble on here.
Thing is kk when it's good you've got to say it too.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:19 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

I can only call it as I see it and over the past 18 months I've seen pretty much everything kk.Three different hospitals, many different doctors, nurses, consultants,various support services and I would say it is random.
You talk about social conscience and I had to stop myself going on a crusade against a certain hospital and why?a mixture of it would have taken over me and I needed to move on.It would have driven me mad, so selfish or not I didn't.
I did affect some change in my local doctors surgery though and so I may have made a difference to somebody somewhere but that consumed me and so I stick to having a ramble on here.
Thing is kk when it's good you've got to say it too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... Descending

http://www.troubador.co.uk/book_info.asp?bookid=2822

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:53 am 
Manager
Manager

Just a year after raising overdraft charges RBS reports big rise in profits. Unarranged overdraft of more than £10 for 15 days costs £90

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Just a year after raising overdraft charges RBS reports big rise in profits. Unarranged overdraft of more than £10 for 15 days costs £90

It will be interesting to see if there's much of a Jock-lash should the Scots vote for independence. I've got dealings with Scottish Power, Scottish Provident, and St James's Place Bank, which I may need to review, although with the latter, I've got an interest free £500 overdraft.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

More than words.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wor ... hborhoods/

Post Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:32 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

Hamas foreign policy...............

Omar stop poking the Lion

Shut up

Omar, stop poking the Lion or it will bite

Shut up

Argh The Lion has eaten Omar

Ahmed stop poking the Lion

Shut up

Ahmed, stop poking the Lion or it will bite

Argh the lion has eaten Ahmed

Mohammed, stop pokng the Lion

Shut up

Ok then but dont keep poking the Lion with Omar and Ahmeds kids in front of you.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:41 am 
Manager
Manager

The bill for agency staff, now bleeding the NHS dry, has DOUBLED under David Cameron and is a direct result of his disastrous reorganisation.

Now this is an important point, i get this feeling from certain Tory voters that they believe Labour adds costs through to many additional staff.
On the contrary its often the opposite, when staff are reduced and systems start failing, they the Tories start hiring privately to bring the system back into working order.
This is the key point though, through the decades, and independent research verifies this claim, it comes at far higher cost. Often huge cost to the tax payer.

During this so called period of austerity, its a word used by the rich to rob the poor, they get away with it you know.
They the conservatives will spend far more money on really silly projects, that you dont need to be honest.
But it makes millions, indeed billions for the idle rich in the background, while at the same time reducing your front line services.
Those services that will have an effect on your every day life, its pretty certain that a member of your family will suffer because of this kind of priority spending.
Cash on silly projects rather than cash on your front line services.
Thats the bottom line folks, good schools, good health care, safe streets or throw billions at Tory projects just to make a few even richer.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

What projects would they be mate............

( as apposed to projects supported by the current opposition in previous debates/manifestos )

Post Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:24 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
The bill for agency staff, now bleeding the NHS dry, has DOUBLED under David Cameron and is a direct result of his disastrous reorganisation.

Now this is an important point, i get this feeling from certain Tory voters that they believe Labour adds costs through to many additional staff.
On the contrary its often the opposite, when staff are reduced and systems start failing, they the Tories start hiring privately to bring the system back into working order.
This is the key point though, through the decades, and independent research verifies this claim, it comes at far higher cost. Often huge cost to the tax payer.

During this so called period of austerity, its a word used by the rich to rob the poor, they get away with it you know.
They the conservatives will spend far more money on really silly projects, that you dont need to be honest.
But it makes millions, indeed billions for the idle rich in the background, while at the same time reducing your front line services.
Those services that will have an effect on your every day life, its pretty certain that a member of your family will suffer because of this kind of priority spending.
Thats the bottom line folks, good schools, good health care, safe streets or throw billions at Tory projects just to make a few even richer.

The NHS is not unaffordable. It is underfunded. The cumulative underspend over last 30yrs compared to EU average is shameful.

Look around you, its pretty obvious the country is in need of a housing program that helps young people make that first step on their own.
But this government just wont find money that helps the general population, no with their mates in the Banks they create a housing bubble that will again bite them on the arse.

When schools have to be competitive not just among themselves but in the great big World, they find themselves underfunded and morally defeated.
When safe streets are required especially for our young and elderly, more cuts are made to this essential service.

So what do they spend all your money on, well those toll roads are on the back burner at the moment to be revisited.
They really want you to pay to drive or not be on the roads.

They will award billions of pounds in contracts to projects such as HS2, Billion in your bank account wink wink, billion on some rail.
Award heavily subsidised contracts to their mates to frack away the land, bollocks to the poisoned water supply, they will mint it.

Front line services, free to the people, not if the Conservatives have anything to do with it, they would sooner send you to war, to die in the name of the country.
And if you do return from a War without an arm or a leg, dont expect financial help, your on your own son, your just collateral damage.
Millions where you come from.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:18 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

The NHS is not unaffordable. It is underfunded. The cumulative underspend over last 30yrs compared to EU average is shameful.

Look around you, its pretty obvious the country is in need of a housing program that helps young people make that first step on their own.
But this government just wont find money that helps the general population, no with their mates in the Banks they create a housing bubble that will again bite them on the arse.

When schools have to be competitive not just among themselves but in the great big World, they find themselves underfunded and morally defeated.
When safe streets are required especially for our young and elderly, more cuts are made to this essential service.

So what do they spend all your money on, well those toll roads are on the back burner at the moment to be revisited.
They really want you to pay to drive or not be on the roads.

They will award billions of pounds in contracts to projects such as HS2, Billion in your bank account wink wink, billion on some rail.
Award heavily subsidised contracts to their mates to frack away the land, bollocks to the poisoned water supply, they will mint it.

Front line services, free to the people, not if the Conservatives have anything to do with it, they would sooner send you to war, to die in the name of the country.
And if you do return from a War without an arm or a leg, dont expect financial help, your on your own son, your just collateral damage.
Millions where you come from.

Strange KK your general views are the same as many i suspect.I agree with nearly all but why did you ruin it by bringing the cons into it?The cons are shysters yes but labour also sent many to die(even without proper equipment)oh well you are getting there slowly.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:37 am 
Manager
Manager

The NHS spends 20% less on health care than France, Germany and Holland as a percentage of GDP. Its this underfunding which is causing the key problems.
Something conveniently forgotten/swept under the carpet by the BBC and the Murdoch media organisation.

Before privatising NHS, NHS admin cost as % health budget was 2% now it's 14%.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:18 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
The NHS spends 20% less on health care than France, Germany and Holland as a percentage of GDP. Its this underfunding which is causing the key problems.
Something conveniently forgotten/swept under the carpet by the BBC and the Murdoch media organisation.

I'd take a look at the french model if i were you kk,taking one stat is a little misleading and i may be wrong but seem to go against many of your principles.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:33 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

I'd take a look at the french model if i were you kk,taking one stat is a little misleading and i may be wrong but seem to go against many of your principles.

Give me facts, the more the better.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:06 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

That's the beauty of the net kk you can find it if you want to,why should i do it all for you :lol:
Little things like how it is funded,charging to see a gp etc etc How many beds are provided by for profit companies?Blend of public and private healthcare sit well with you kk?
It looks a good system and the french people have adapted to it and all records show it puts us to shame but as i say does it sit well with you,bar the odd stat to suit. :wink:
Although i may have you wrong and if so i apologise.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:14 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Oh,what is life, how do we live
What should we take and how much should we give.

There are more kk, especially from you :wink:

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:00 am 
Manager
Manager

4 August 1914 France is at war with Germany, the Tories cheer as the Liberal government prepares to take Britain in.
As Ministers came to their seats those whose names had been associated with rumours of resignation were greeted with general cheering. Both Mr. Churchill and Mr. Lloyd George were thus welcomed, and it was noted that the part taken in their ovation by the Opposition was particularly marked. Some time passed before Mr. Asquith joined his colleagues. Even in cheering their careworn leader members scrutinised his grave and impassive face with eager curiosity, as if in search of some sign of hope. None was visible.

“Churchill and Lloyd George are the war party in government. Everyone thought they’d resign if we decided on neutrality. They haven’t so now they’re being cheered by the war party in the Commons, the Tories.”

Some impatience was shown while Mr. Ramsay MacDonald, in his firm yet temperate manner, was giving voice to the determination of the Labour party to have no part in a policy of war...

Post Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:31 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
4 August 1914 France is at war with Germany, the Tories cheer as the Liberal government prepares to take Britain in.
As Ministers came to their seats those whose names had been associated with rumours of resignation were greeted with general cheering. Both Mr. Churchill and Mr. Lloyd George were thus welcomed, and it was noted that the part taken in their ovation by the Opposition was particularly marked. Some time passed before Mr. Asquith joined his colleagues. Even in cheering their careworn leader members scrutinised his grave and impassive face with eager curiosity, as if in search of some sign of hope. None was visible.

“Churchill and Lloyd George are the war party in government. Everyone thought they’d resign if we decided on neutrality. They haven’t so now they’re being cheered by the war party in the Commons, the Tories.”

Some impatience was shown while Mr. Ramsay MacDonald, in his firm yet temperate manner, was giving voice to the determination of the Labour party to have no part in a policy of war...

It's not war kk,only want an answer occasionally :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:48 am 
Manager
Manager

"The Tories have shown that they cannot be trusted when it comes to Ofsted. Past attempts to undermine the chief inspector, coupled with the sacking of Baroness Morgan, demonstrate the contempt that this government has shown towards the independence of the schools inspectorate," he said. "Schools must be inspected fairly. If there is any question of impropriety, there should be an investigation to get to the bottom of what has gone on."

http://www.theguardian.com/education/20 ... CMP=twt_gu

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:26 am 
Manager
Manager

12 years after the Nazi concentration camps were shut down, the British empire opened up concentration camps in Kenya.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent