Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: Social conscience
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:17 am 
Manager
Manager

This is what you get when you keep voting bastards into government.

A month-long undercover investigation of our NHS Out of Hours service for ITV’s Exposure programme has revealed shocking failures in patient care.

The programme focuses on a privately run Urgent Care Centre in Ealing, West London and finds doctors not fully trained for the job, targets being manipulated and even patients being asked to do the jobs of nurses.

In the programme we send two reporters undercover, one who takes a work experience placement and one as a patient. What they discover is shocking.

For a start the reporter who did work experience was not asked for any ID, her references were not checked and nor were any background checks carried out.

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-07-21/medi ... rs-clinic/

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:33 am 
Manager
Manager

53 Labour councillors
12 Conservative councillors
4 Liberal Democrat councillors

Ealing Council.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

there was a woman from Ealing....

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
53 Labour councillors

Ealing Council.

I don't think it has anything to do with the local council. The Con/LD coalition opened NHS service provision to all and sundry, and Richard Branson and others are now running chunks of healthcare.

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nibbs Minton wrote:
suiging wrote:
53 Labour councillors

Ealing Council.

I don't think it has anything to do with the local council. The Con/LD coalition opened NHS service provision to all and sundry, and Richard Branson and others are now running chunks of healthcare.

The Ealing NHS Trust works hand in Glove with the council. Tis on their web site.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Nibbs Minton wrote:
suiging wrote:
53 Labour councillors

Ealing Council.

The Ealing NHS Trust works hand in Glove with the council. Tis on their web site.

Link?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Although I used Bing (chinese Google) type in the two and you get numerous initiatives and cooperations between the two. Take your pick.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:40 am 
Manager
Manager

Since May 2010, Senior Manager's pay in the NHS has risen £9,947. That of a Trainee Doctor (locum) has fallen £443.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:17 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Since May 2010, Senior Manager's pay in the NHS has risen £9,947. That of a Trainee Doctor (locum) has fallen £443.

As a manager in the NHS I had better not comment on my own pay. If you are generally referring to locum doctors then the reason for any fall if true is because the NHS has been trying to utilise employed doctors rather than going out for locums on stupid rip off rates which on other occasions you have castigated. If, by trainee, you are referring to Junior Doctors that is most doctors who have qualified but have not become consultants and that covers a wide range of levels and experience. All of their payscales have increased since 2010 so any reduction in pay would relate to less overall hours or less unsocial hours.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:08 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

As a manager in the NHS I had better not comment on my own pay. If you are generally referring to locum doctors then the reason for any fall if true is because the NHS has been trying to utilise employed doctors rather than going out for locums on stupid rip off rates which on other occasions you have castigated. If, by trainee, you are referring to Junior Doctors that is most doctors who have qualified but have not become consultants and that covers a wide range of levels and experience. All of their payscales have increased since 2010 so any reduction in pay would relate to less overall hours or less unsocial hours.

I think kk needs to give us an inkling of his profession so that we can compare his business principles or company policies based against his fervent ideology. How else are we to compare his credentials as the putter of right on here?
kk might even be David Cameron for all we know just fuckin us about for a bit of sport, who knows in this crazy internet world :smt100

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:12 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I think kk needs to give us an inkling of his profession so that we can compare his business principles or company policies based against his fervent ideology. How else are we to compare his credentials as the putter of right on here?
kk might even be David Cameron for all we know just fuckin us about for a bit of sport, who knows in this crazy internet world :smt100

Whats important is through your life knowing whats right and wrong then staying true to the correct path.
The thread title says it all "Social conscience"

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:18 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

you wanted a man who turns avoiding questions into an art form to answer a question?

good luck!

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:56 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Its always worth another try Mr Whelp :lol:

Its also easier to have a social concience when one is already wealthy, it is far more difficult to do it the other way around, like Mr Benn for instance, and I dont mean the cartoon fellow with the bowler hat!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Its always worth another try Mr Whelp :lol:

Its also easier to have a social concience when one is already wealthy, it is far more difficult to do it the other way around, like Mr Benn for instance, and I dont mean the cartoon fellow with the bowler hat!

Principles are all well and good, I try to be principled but I can't always afford it.

those who have money I suppose should be held to a higher standard, something i'm sure KK agrees upon.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

"The essence of a satisfactory health service is that the rich and the poor are treated alike" - Nye Bevan.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
"The essence of a satisfactory health service is that the rich and the poor are treated alike" - Nye Bevan.

Does selling your home to pay for nursing care seem fair whatever your circumstance?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:04 am 
Manager
Manager

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Does selling your home to pay for nursing care seem fair whatever your circumstance?

NO I would recommend transferring such assets to the children or grand children when people enter their sixties.
You see Governments might blow the trumpet of home ownership but they really wish to take it off you before you go.

People in need of care should be looking at showing a bank balance of fuck all.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:47 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Has junior doctors' pay kept pace with inflation, or is it down in real terms since 2010?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:59 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Nibbs Minton wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Has junior doctors' pay kept pace with inflation, or is it down in real terms since 2010?

I would imagine the headline rates are probably down in real terms over the 5 years with annual uplifts of 1% most of the time and a freeze in one year. However most doctors are also receiving incremental awards as well whilst they gain experience and these are usually around 4% or 5% of basic salary. They also move into higher grades so it depends how you judge things. A newly qualified doctor this year will probably only be about 4% up on what new starters received in 2010 but I would estimate that the average Junior Doctor who has been in post since 2010 is probably earning around 20%-25% more now than then. I don't know how those figures compare with inflation or indeed with pay inflation generally in the economy.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:04 pm 
Most Successful Thrush Thrasher

Blimey LB...you're like Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man....

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:55 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

nuttymate wrote:
Blimey LB...you're like Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man....

I AM Rain Man.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

NO I would recommend transferring such assets to the children or grand children when people enter their sixties.
You see Governments might blow the trumpet of home ownership but they really wish to take it off you before you go.

People in need of care should be looking at showing a bank balance of fuck all.

Transferring isn't that simple KK.Say one of the kids happens to die then it becomes part of their estate and then you have a bigger headache.
I have always said they will means test you and use the equity in your house as part of it.Sounds daft but i agree with you they want it.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Give your kids a "share" of your home and have them will it back to you in case they peg it.

Can't force you to sell your house if you are not sole owner. Seven year rule to offset tax

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Give your kids a "share" of your home and have them will it back to you in case they peg it.

Can't force you to sell your house if you are not sole owner. Seven year rule to offset tax

Good to see that you have resurfaced, where are you now, Hong Pong or Telford area?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
suiging wrote:

Good to see that you have resurfaced, where are you now, Hong Pong or Telford area?

Back on these shores now and if you are right from one island to a place full of the bloody things in telford :x

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
suiging wrote:

Telford.

Been waiting for the great UK worker to connect my broadband.

Sitting on outside stools using a cardboard box for a table. Life's good..........well

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:21 pm 

knocker knowles wrote:

And this can be a real minefield as there can be no evidence of any poor health when this is done.
There used to be a '7 year rule', which should you become unwell within that time you, (or your family with the assets), would still have to cover cost of care. I'm not sure the rule is still in place, but if anything happened and there was any suggestion you were trying to avoid care costs the local authority could refuse.

I think its preferable to state in your will that should you die, your kids get your share rather than your spouse. This reduces the amount local authority can have should the remaining partner have to have care....
There's more of a push towards home care now anyway, and the big factor is whether it's social care you need or continuing health care. Makes big difference.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:09 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Knocker, it seems that I received this Christmas card in error when it was obviously meant for YOU. :lol:

That's one scary picture at any time but for Christmas... :shock: I'd chuck it in the bin. Still, I suppose that he has the threat of a war-crimes trial hanging over him when the Chilcott report is published.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

nuttymate wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

And this can be a real minefield as there can be no evidence of any poor health when this is done.
There used to be a '7 year rule', which should you become unwell within that time you, (or your family with the assets), would still have to cover cost of care. I'm not sure the rule is still in place, but if anything happened and there was any suggestion you were trying to avoid care costs the local authority could refuse.

I think its preferable to state in your will that should you die, your kids get your share rather than your spouse. This reduces the amount local authority can have should the remaining partner have to have care....
There's more of a push towards home care now anyway, and the big factor is whether it's social care you need or continuing health care. Makes big difference.

The "seven years rule"is still in play. You basically need to survive seven years for a lifetime gift to be free of tax.

Putting your child on the deeds as a part owner, would be interesting to say the least if seen as avoidance by a council. They would need Damon good lawyers to pull that off. Even then they could not force the sale if done in good faith some time before the care was required.

Plan ahead

Post Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:50 pm 

suiging wrote:

The "seven years rule"is still in play. You basically need to survive seven years for a lifetime gift to be free of tax.

Putting your child on the deeds as a part owner, would be interesting to say the least if seen as avoidance by a council. They would need Damon good lawyers to pull that off. Even then they could not force the sale if done in good faith some time before the care was required.

Plan ahead

I'm not sure 'surviving' the 7 years would be enough for local authorities should an illness then become apparent.
For example, if someone who just has early signs/diagnosis of dementia transfers assets, lives past the 7 years, then needs care, it'd be a bugger to prove they did it because they knew they would lose capacity eventually and not because they wanted to avoid care costs.

Bloody nightmare.
Get your power of attorneys done and kids on the deeds as soon as possible I reckon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent