Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent

Share On:

Post subject: Driving around Bushbury
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

There are some seriously shit for brains drivers on the streets of Wolvo these days.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

As the title says you are in bushbury :wink:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:47 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Low Hill Born wrote:
There are some seriously shit for brains drivers on the streets of Wolvo these days.

you had a bad experience ?.....it ay just bushbury ,wait till the summer when all the road works appear

Post Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:19 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Low Hill Born wrote:

Just Wolvo? nah. The new KFC Island is a feat of engineering the equal of the Hoover Dam ay it.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:51 am 
Manager
Manager

I find i have to be absolutely spot on with concentration when driving through predominantly Asian neighberhoods as they perform some unusual maneuvers.
Sometimes a car ahead of you will just stop without signal, or make a dart for a parking space on the opposite side of the road.
Some of the lanes they choose at islands is quite imaginative, likewise turns near traffic lights.

If some of these drivers have passed English highway code driving tests they must be ultra high on opium.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:23 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

sniff the wolfhound wrote:
Low Hill Born wrote:

you had a bad experience ?.....it ay just bushbury ,wait till the summer when all the road works appear

Wait till summer when all the tourists arrive,all the caravans pitching up for a weeks fun and sun in the Scotlands...

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I find i have to be absolutely spot on with concentration when driving through predominantly Asian neighberhoods as they perform some unusual maneuvers.
Sometimes a car ahead of you will just stop without signal, or make a dart for a parking space on the opposite side of the road.
Some of the lanes they choose at islands is quite imaginative, likewise turns near traffic lights.

If some of these drivers have passed English highway code driving tests they must be ultra high on opium.

I don't want to have a go at women drivers, but Asian women drivers, jeeeeeesus wept. Not only are they an accident waiting to happen, but they're in charge of a large BMW or Chelsea Tractor, which is way too big for them. Driving down a tight-ish Birches Barn Avenue, I have to veer towards them to stop them from driving down the middle of the road.

On the topic of bad driving, some scrote came hurtling down Coalway Road the other day (thank fook nobody was crossing the road), with an unmarked Police car in hot pursuit. The copper in the chopper was then hovering over the Merry Hill estate, but I've seen no local news...

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:40 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I don't want to have a go at women drivers, but Asian women drivers, jeeeeeesus wept. Not only are they an accident waiting to happen, but they're in charge of a large BMW or Chelsea Tractor, which is way too big for them. Driving down a tight-ish Birches Barn Avenue, I have to veer towards them to stop them from driving down the middle of the road.

On the topic of bad driving, some scrote came hurtling down Coalway Road the other day (thank fook nobody was crossing the road), with an unmarked Police car in hot pursuit. The copper in the chopper was then hovering over the Merry Hill estate, but I've seen no local news...

Asian women drivers have always been a special case. Years ago they used to drive clapped out Nissan Micras, but now they drive enormous great things so at least you know they're there and can take evasive action. As someone who has travelled to various parts of Asia on several occasions I have to say I think it is inherent, the traffic and driving over there can be downright frightning.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:26 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Nigel Faraj is enjoying this thread.
I am amazed that Mr Born aint ripping you all a new star pipe for sullying his thread with disjointed racism, he used to be sooo hot on even a hint of it.

I wonder if like so many of us, he is mellowing with age :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

My dad was complaining about 'little Indian women who can't see over the steering wheel' the other day :?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

I think I'm getting more bitter with age, but I think it's fair to class 'little Indian women who can't see over the steering wheel', as 'seriously shit for brains drivers', but they are merely the tip of the 'seriously shit for brains drivers' iceberg, not to mention middle-aged African gentlemen who are also a law unto themselves on the Queen's Highway. Mind you, on the flip-side, Indian and Jamaican chaps, have always been good bus drivers.

It doesn't help that my Dad is Wolverhampton's answer to Alf Garnet :oops: This reminds me of growing up in Warstones, and there was one family round the block, where the man of the house was the opposite to Mr Born, so imagine his surprise when his daughter returned home one day, with a bun in the oven, and an Afro-Caribbean chap in tow :shock: :lol: Times were different late 70s/early 80s, but I cannot vouch for the father-to-be and his standard of driving, perhaps he became a bus driver.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:02 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Low Hill Born wrote:
My dad was complaining about 'little Indian women who can't see over the steering wheel' the other day :?

Say it aint so, Low.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Last time I was in Wolvo there was this Muslim Taxi Driver that looked and dressed like Bin Laden. His driving was fine, but I recall him saying that a lot of folk refused to sit in his taxi post 9/11. I wonder if he is still driving taxis.

We all think we are great drivers, I like to think of myself as a safe driver with a lot of awareness, but sometimes, you get a situation where you are not prepared. One habit of Bulgarian drivers is to overtake on blind bends - okay, we don't have that much traffic, but every now and again, they do meet on-coming traffic and it is scary. I go out on the motorcycle and avoid a few major RTA's each trip. Just bought one of those action cameras so that I can attach it to my helmet and film the barstewards and hopefully pass on dangerous driving examples to the traffic Police - if I don't get creamed in the process. :roll:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:26 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I work for a bodyshop owned by a large insurance company, and I can confirm female Asian drivers do make up a fair proportion of our business. I'd avoid Luton if I was you guys, I don't think there are any "locals" there as most of the people involved in accidents darn sarf are of unfathomable descent.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
I work for a bodyshop owned by a large insurance company, and I can confirm female Asian drivers do make up a fair proportion of our business. I'd avoid Luton if I was you guys, I don't think there are any "locals" there as most of the people involved in accidents darn sarf are of unfathomable descent.

I never in a million years would have guessed that yo was a Panel Beater. I have loads of Russian metal yo could bash if yo'm ever in my area - it is a bit thicker than the Heinz bean tin most western manufacturers use to build their cars. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:38 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I think IFM counts the beans.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:47 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

He does a lot of beating and buffing does our IFM.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

I am happiest driving in Thailand.

There you just expect every bugger to be completely mad, ignore all rules of the road and be out to drive you off the road and kill you at every available opportunity.

Because you expect it, when they do it you just smile and do the same. Complete organised chaos.

Driving in HK and the UK for that matter, you expect folk to obey the rules. When they don't, you cuss, swear and treat the whole thing as a personal affront.

Strange world eh it.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:03 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
I am happiest driving in Thailand.

There you just expect every bugger to be completely mad, ignore all rules of the road and be out to drive you off the road and kill you at every available opportunity.

Because you expect it, when they do it you just smile and do the same. Complete organised chaos.

Driving in HK and the UK for that matter, you expect folk to obey the rules. When they don't, you cuss, swear and treat the whole thing as a personal affront.

Strange world eh it.

the thing that does me in the fact that some tossbag will wave at you or whatever and possibly swear but if you were stood right in front of them then they wouldn't back it up.

they are as bad as keyboard warriors.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:01 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

I never in a million years would have guessed that yo was a Panel Beater. I have loads of Russian metal yo could bash if yo'm ever in my area - it is a bit thicker than the Heinz bean tin most western manufacturers use to build their cars. :wink:

I would love to be a panel beater but that boat has sailed a long time ago, being a painter would be better though, they get paid a fookin fortune.

No I count beans, or work for the person who counts beans, very boring, under paid, under appreciated and maybe soon to be out of a job but hey ho.

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:50 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

I would love to be a panel beater but that boat has sailed a long time ago, being a painter would be better though, they get paid a fookin fortune.

No I count beans, or work for the person who counts beans, very boring, under paid, under appreciated and maybe soon to be out of a job but hey ho.

Plenty of other boats sailing around and it is never too late to hop on one. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:51 pm 
YTS

Low Hill Born wrote:

Try driving under the bridge at Bee Lane....some people dont understand 'Priority'!

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

BushburyWolves0286 wrote:
Low Hill Born wrote:

Try driving under the bridge at Bee Lane....some people dont understand 'Priority'!

I don't understand those ARROWS either, think they could make a less ambiguous sign than two arrows for foreigners like myself. I could guess that a lot of Brits would have the same problem with Yellow Diamond Priority signs and having to Give Way to traffic coming from the RIGHT where there is no Priority sign. :lol:

How many Double Decker Bus Drivers fail to understand Low Bridge warning signs and rip the roof off. :(

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

BushburyWolves0286 wrote:
Low Hill Born wrote:

Tend to be extra vigilant there

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:21 am 
Manager
Manager

On many occasions you can look at (not sure how to put this) folk who are not Caucasian and think how on earth did they pass their test. Often, the simple answer is they didn't.

Good pal of mine join the Diplomatic Corp on leaving school. Posted to Vietnam who are signatories to some treaty or another over International Driving standards. Never driven a car in his life walked into a Ho Chi Min driving centre paid his money, filled out a form and was given his license. Back to the UK on his jollies, presents said license, to Swansea, "thank you very much Sir, here's your UK one".

Tis all in the treaty-

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:54 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
On many occasions you can look at (not sure how to put this) folk who are not Caucasian and think how on earth did they pass their test. Often, the simple answer is they didn't.

Good pal of mine join the Diplomatic Corp on leaving school. Posted to Vietnam who are signatories to some treaty or another over International Driving standards. Never driven a car in his life walked into a Ho Chi Min driving centre paid his money, filled out a form and was given his license. Back to the UK on his jollies, presents said license, to Swansea, "thank you very much Sir, here's your UK one".

Tis all in the treaty-

Not saying that you're wrong as I don't know which treaty you refer too. My Ex-Wife (Russian) was only allowed to drive in the UK for one year on her Russian driving license (after she became a resident) before being required to sit the tick test and driving test. As she wasn't a great driver, I put her through the British School of Motoring course.

Yet, my current Wife has a Russian Driving License that the Bulgarians will exchange for one of theirs - that means in theory, being a part of the EU that she wouldn't necessarily need to change it for a British one if we lived there, but if we did decide to reside in the UK then, Swansea would probably just exchange it without any further tests required - not sure to be honest.

Incidentally, I was watching some of that Long Way Down - Ireland to Sydney series and when the main character arrives in Vietnam and wanting to drive some old Jeep he is told that 'Foreigners Aren't Allowed to Drive in Vietnam'. :shock: I don't know how that works or whether or not you must apply for a permit beforehand, but I had once been planning a motorcycle tour though South Vietnam (no not during the War) and never saw anything about what the license requirements were. It seems to me that every or every other Vietnamese owns a scooter or small motorbike.

Must be a headache for the Traffic Police in the UK trying to decipher all of these foreign driving permits and licenses and is probably why they ought to be digital and standardised. I had loads of fun in Moscow (NOT) with having my UK 'Paper License' taken away from me because it didn't have a photograph and the words 'Permis de conduire' printed on it. I was only required to carry a Notarized translation in Russian, but most of the Russian Traffic Cops didn't know or care, just confiscated my license and then causing me a few days of running around between the British Embassy and the Traffic Cop office that took it. :evil:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:08 am 
Manager
Manager

Can't be long before it becomes cost effective to film each journey you take, then erase if you have no problems.
How does the court of law work with filmed evidence.

I do fear for the younger drivers as standards slip due to lets say different interpretations.

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:14 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Can't be long before it becomes cost effective to film each journey you take, then erase if you have no problems.
How does the court of law work with filmed evidence.

I do fear for the younger drivers as standards slip due to lets say different interpretations.

Just bought myself one of those Prestigio Action Camcorders that can be fitted to almost anything. Typical though, I buy it, get it home, charge it up and it THEN tells me it needs an Micro SD Card that is not supplied. :evil: It won't work without one. :lol:

If you want to see some scary films made from these dashboard mounted camcorders you'd need to search You Tube. I recall one incident where the motorists on a Russian highway got buzzed by a low flying MIG or similar, it would scare the shite out of most folk. If CCTV evidence is admissible in Court then, I don't see why camcorder evidence couldn't/wouldn't be used the same, but I'll await information from the boys in Blue.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:15 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:

Incidentally, I was watching some of that Long Way Down - Ireland to Sydney series and when the main character arrives in Vietnam and wanting to drive some old Jeep he is told that 'Foreigners Aren't Allowed to Drive in Vietnam'. :shock: I don't know how that works or whether or not you must apply for a permit beforehand, but I had once been planning a motorcycle tour though South Vietnam (no not during the War) and never saw anything about what the license requirements were. It seems to me that every or every other Vietnamese owns a scooter or small motorbike.

I think the law changed in the last couple of years and tourists now need a Vietnamese driving licence, although many don't bother and run the risk. Scooters and motorbikes are the norm in Vietnam and I spent some time riding pillion on both during my recent trip which was a real eye-opener, especially being on the back of a scooter with a young Viet girl in rush hour Saigon. The traffic, especially in Saigon, is beyond belief and anyone used to driving there would probably cause a pile-up if they drove in the UK. There is a general disregard of traffic signs and signals so everyone needs eyes up their arses at every junction. Not for the faint hearted.

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:25 am 
Manager
Manager

woodwolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

I think the law changed in the last couple of years and tourists now need a Vietnamese driving licence, although many don't bother and run the risk. Scooters and motorbikes are the norm in Vietnam and I spent some time riding pillion on both during my recent trip which was a real eye-opener, especially being on the back of a scooter with a young Viet girl in rush hour Saigon. The traffic, especially in Saigon, is beyond belief and anyone used to driving there would probably cause a pile-up if they drove in the UK. There is a general disregard of traffic signs and signals so everyone needs eyes up their arses at every junction. Not for the faint hearted.

I could guess which arse you had your eyes on if not hands. :wink: :lol:

Mark Twain

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent