Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri May 02, 2014 2:38 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
woodwolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

Incidentally, I was watching some of that Long Way Down - Ireland to Sydney series and when the main character arrives in Vietnam and wanting to drive some old Jeep he is told that 'Foreigners Aren't Allowed to Drive in Vietnam'. :shock: I don't know how that works or whether or not you must apply for a permit beforehand, but I had once been planning a motorcycle tour though South Vietnam (no not during the War) and never saw anything about what the license requirements were. It seems to me that every or every other Vietnamese owns a scooter or small motorbike.

I think the law changed in the last couple of years and tourists now need a Vietnamese driving licence, although many don't bother and run the risk. Scooters and motorbikes are the norm in Vietnam and I spent some time riding pillion on both during my recent trip which was a real eye-opener, especially being on the back of a scooter with a young Viet girl in rush hour Saigon. The traffic, especially in Saigon, is beyond belief and anyone used to driving there would probably cause a pile-up if they drove in the UK. There is a general disregard of traffic signs and signals so everyone needs eyes up their arses at every junction. Not for the faint hearted.

I could guess which arse you had your eyes on if not hands. :wink: :lol:

Not allowed to touch, they're a bit funny about that kind of thing. Such a shame, she was a sweet little thing too :(

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:21 am 
Manager
Manager

Get an International Driving License. Cheap as chips and keeps you alive in foreign fields. Valid for a year and worth every penny.

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:11 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Get an International Driving License. Cheap as chips and keeps you alive in foreign fields. Valid for a year and worth every penny.

Had one of those grey books from the AA with a photo-booth picture attached by a staple and an AA stamp across it. It was filled out by hand and I kept altering the expiry year - used it for around 10 years before one astute Copper noticed, but then I told him that it was only a translation document for my valid UK paper license so he let me go. :lol:

Not to be confused with those American produced International Driving PERMITS you can buy on-line that look official but in fact are totally useless.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:11 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

BushburyWolves0286 wrote:
Low Hill Born wrote:
There are some seriously shit for brains drivers on the streets of Wolvo these days.

Try driving under the bridge at Bee Lane....some people dont understand 'Priority'!

I tend to approach that junction at about 85 mph . I usually get priority... :)

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

sniff the wolfhound wrote:
BushburyWolves0286 wrote:
Low Hill Born wrote:
There are some seriously shit for brains drivers on the streets of Wolvo these days.

Try driving under the bridge at Bee Lane....some people dont understand 'Priority'!

I tend to approach that junction at about 85 mph . I usually get priority... :)

If I saw a Robin Reliant heading in my direction at 85 MPH then, I'd get out of the way too. :lol:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:36 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

[/quote]

Try driving under the bridge at Bee Lane....some people dont understand 'Priority'![/quote]

I tend to approach that junction at about 85 mph . I usually get priority... :)[/quote]

If I saw a Robin Reliant heading in my direction at 85 MPH then, I'd get out of the way too. :lol:[/quote]

my dad used to drive a robin or should I say aim it. he once gave me a lift to town in it. on approaching wards bridge island he proceeded to go round the island on two wheels. after exiting the island an landing the vehicle. I turned an looked at him as if to say . WTF was that then. as my dad sat there pissing himself ....great role you are , I said.which made him laugh more. if you've ever been in a robin. you will know it aint for the faint hearted... drive carefully if you're near one.

Post Posted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

sniff the wolfhound wrote:

Try driving under the bridge at Bee Lane....some people dont understand 'Priority'![/quote]

I tend to approach that junction at about 85 mph . I usually get priority... :)[/quote]

If I saw a Robin Reliant heading in my direction at 85 MPH then, I'd get out of the way too. :lol:[/quote]

my dad used to drive a robin or should I say aim it. he once gave me a lift to town in it. on approaching wards bridge island he proceeded to go round the island on two wheels. after exiting the island an landing the vehicle. I turned an looked at him as if to say . WTF was that then. as my dad sat there pissing himself ....great role you are , I said.which made him laugh more. if you've ever been in a robin. you will know it aint for the faint hearted... drive carefully if you're near one.[/quote]Got a lift from one thumbing it from Bristol to Wolvo.......windy and wet in December up the M5 leaves its mark! :lol:

Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

Low Hill Born wrote:
My dad was complaining about 'little Indian women who can't see over the steering wheel' the other day :?

A little Vietnamese woman who runs the corner shop in the next street to us has a large Merc and you can see is her nose and glasses just over the dashboard as she's coming towards you - the top of the steering wheel is level with the top of her head. :shock: How the fuck she can see anything thirty yards in front of her is beyond me.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Low Hill Born wrote:
My dad was complaining about 'little Indian women who can't see over the steering wheel' the other day :?

A little Vietnamese woman who runs the corner shop in the next street to us has a large Merc and you can see is her nose and glasses just over the dashboard as she's coming towards you - the top of the steering wheel is level with the top of her head. :shock: How the fuck she can see anything thirty yards in front of her is beyond me.

Back during the war in the Pacific, the Americans also thought that the Japanese were all short-sighted and couldn't see any further than the end of their noses. Yet, they turned out to be more than a match behind the wheel of their aircraft and never seemed to miss a ship on a Kamikaze run. :lol:

Get out of flooking way is probably what your Vietnamese woman is shouting. :lol:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Low Hill Born wrote:

Back during the war in the Pacific, the Americans also thought that the Japanese were all short-sighted and couldn't see any further than the end of their noses. Yet, they turned out to be more than a match behind the wheel of their aircraft and never seemed to miss a ship on a Kamikaze run. :lol:

Get out of flooking way is probably what your Vietnamese woman is shouting. :lol:

Road a borrocks that! :lol:

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent