Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

Share On:

Author Message
 Post subject: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:36 am 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:17 pm
Posts: 3739
Location: Stourbridge
Before I ask for advice, I'm not excusing the fact I was speeding.

I was doing about 35 in a 30 zone past the baggies ground at 2am in the morning en route home from uni when a gatso got me.

Now my question is the camera which flashed me was
Facing me. Does anyone know if I can get done for this?
Many people have told me I can't and looking online suggests I won't but does anyone have history of this happening?

Found this online: "In the UK the use of a flash to prosecute ONCOMING traffic is prohibited. If one is triggered by you approaching it on the other side of the road, then you are not going to be done for speeding."


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:37 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 10:13 pm
Posts: 14034
Not an area I have knowledge in, but it looks to me like you are okay so long as the flash definitely came from a camera on the opposite side as you were approaching it. A camera on your own side shouldn't flash as you approach, as they point backwards, apart from some which use infra-red and which therefore do not flash at all. This is just what I'm reading online though; I know nothing about speed cameras.

_________________
Nibbs

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:47 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:32 pm
Posts: 9119
Location: Raaahhhhhhley
was it 35mph on a sat nav or on your speedo?

35mph on a speedo is probably only 32 or so and you would be very unlucky to get done at that speed.

_________________
Money cannot buy this round......
defended like beavers - Kamara 2009
there used to be a thing called 'natural selection' but its been stopped by 'health and safety'
www.vwcaddy.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:53 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
Also unlikely to have any "film" in due to cut backs

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:02 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18243
chrissygreen wrote:
Before I ask for advice, I'm not excusing the fact I was speeding.

I was doing about 35 in a 30 zone past the baggies ground at 2am in the morning en route home from uni when a gatso got me.

Now my question is the camera which flashed me was
Facing me. Does anyone know if I can get done for this?
Many people have told me I can't and looking online suggests I won't but does anyone have history of this happening?

Found this online: "In the UK the use of a flash to prosecute ONCOMING traffic is prohibited. If one is triggered by you approaching it on the other side of the road, then you are not going to be done for speeding."


Firstly, thats a load of bollocks dont believe it for one minute.Front facing cameras are the predominant roadside enforcement cameras in this force now since the GATSO ones were switched off, forward facing or rear facing it dont matter mate, if yam caught yam caught, usually by a van in a lay by.If you think about those vans you almost ALWAYS drive TOWARDS them.
It is a myth that the picture infringes your yuman rights if forward facing, so pay up!!

BUT, and its a big but,the GATSO ( yellow boxes on a pole ) DONT take forward facing pictures, neither do the WMP have any STATIC forward facing cameras and the A41 definitely falls in WMP boundaries?

Rozza's tip is this, I think that another vehicle on the opposite carriageway activated THEIR camera if there is one opposite of course.Go back and check to see if this is the case, or if you aint had a fixed penalty notice since the flashing occurred and/or it has been over 14 days, I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope this helps, if not plump for the Speed Awareness course and you might get the one Mrs Rozza is on :evil:

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:21 am 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:17 pm
Posts: 3739
Location: Stourbridge
Thanks for the replies guys..

I'm pretty sure there was no car on the other side of the road when it happened, only me travelling towards the camera which I believe is a gatso.

I've read that these can be triggered by mistake and that they cannot record the speeds properly for oncoming traffic because they are not calibrated to the lines properly... However the lines are there to allow the cameras to be switched to either side from time to time.

I now have this on my mind with my law ( :lol: :roll: ) exams fast approaching :evil:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:04 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:40 pm
Posts: 2912
chrissygreen wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys..

I'm pretty sure there was no car on the other side of the road when it happened, only me travelling towards the camera which I believe is a gatso.

I've read that these can be triggered by mistake and that they cannot record the speeds properly for oncoming traffic because they are not calibrated to the lines properly... However the lines are there to allow the cameras to be switched to either side from time to time.

I now have this on my mind with my law ( :lol: :roll: ) exams fast approaching :evil:


Don't worry about it, I know the exact camera you are talking about because I've set it off about a dozen times driving towards it over the past few months. It's a Gatso and it's wonky.

_________________
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 7:16 pm 
Offline
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:10 pm
Posts: 1246
Location: Dawley, Telford
woodwolf wrote:
chrissygreen wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys..

I'm pretty sure there was no car on the other side of the road when it happened, only me travelling towards the camera which I believe is a gatso.

I've read that these can be triggered by mistake and that they cannot record the speeds properly for oncoming traffic because they are not calibrated to the lines properly... However the lines are there to allow the cameras to be switched to either side from time to time.

I now have this on my mind with my law ( :lol: :roll: ) exams fast approaching :evil:


Don't worry about it, I know the exact camera you are talking about because I've set it off about a dozen times driving towards it over the past few months. It's a Gatso and it's wonky.


The Sandwell lot have to get their passport photos from somewhere :lol:

_________________
Forward he cried, from the rear, and the front rank died!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:38 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
pitbull wrote:
woodwolf wrote:
chrissygreen wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys..

I'm pretty sure there was no car on the other side of the road when it happened, only me travelling towards the camera which I believe is a gatso.

I've read that these can be triggered by mistake and that they cannot record the speeds properly for oncoming traffic because they are not calibrated to the lines properly... However the lines are there to allow the cameras to be switched to either side from time to time.

I now have this on my mind with my law ( :lol: :roll: ) exams fast approaching :evil:


Don't worry about it, I know the exact camera you are talking about because I've set it off about a dozen times driving towards it over the past few months. It's a Gatso and it's wonky.


The Sandwell lot have to get their passport photos from somewhere :lol:


:lol: :lol:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 10:00 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20688
Location: Four Oaks
Rozza wrote:
Hope this helps, if not plump for the Speed Awareness course and you might get the one Mrs Rozza is on :evil:


Just beware I say. I was assured that if I did this course I wouldn't have to report anything to my insurance company. I now have an insurance company specifically asking if I have been on one and threatening that if they find out I am lying the insurance will be invalid. I've given them a proper SP30 to charge me for since anyway.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:42 pm 
Online
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15914
Location: Moved
Speeding to get out of Sandwell can't be an offence.....surely ? :shock:

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:57 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:17 pm
Posts: 3739
Location: Stourbridge
woodwolf wrote:
chrissygreen wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys..

I'm pretty sure there was no car on the other side of the road when it happened, only me travelling towards the camera which I believe is a gatso.

I've read that these can be triggered by mistake and that they cannot record the speeds properly for oncoming traffic because they are not calibrated to the lines properly... However the lines are there to allow the cameras to be switched to either side from time to time.

I now have this on my mind with my law ( :lol: :roll: ) exams fast approaching :evil:


Don't worry about it, I know the exact camera you are talking about because I've set it off about a dozen times driving towards it over the past few months. It's a Gatso and it's wonky.



Cheers mate, i take it you didnt hear anything from it?

Fingers crossed


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:35 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
chrissygreen wrote:
woodwolf wrote:
chrissygreen wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys..

I'm pretty sure there was no car on the other side of the road when it happened, only me travelling towards the camera which I believe is a gatso.

I've read that these can be triggered by mistake and that they cannot record the speeds properly for oncoming traffic because they are not calibrated to the lines properly... However the lines are there to allow the cameras to be switched to either side from time to time.

I now have this on my mind with my law ( :lol: :roll: ) exams fast approaching :evil:


Don't worry about it, I know the exact camera you are talking about because I've set it off about a dozen times driving towards it over the past few months. It's a Gatso and it's wonky.



Cheers mate, i take it you didnt hear anything from it?

Fingers crossed


Didn't you read his signature? It says, Sent from Winson Green Prison Using GATSOTALK. :wink:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:43 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:35 pm
Posts: 18997
Location: Perton
Rozza wrote:
chrissygreen wrote:
Before I ask for advice, I'm not excusing the fact I was speeding.

I was doing about 35 in a 30 zone past the baggies ground at 2am in the morning en route home from uni when a gatso got me.

Now my question is the camera which flashed me was
Facing me. Does anyone know if I can get done for this?
Many people have told me I can't and looking online suggests I won't but does anyone have history of this happening?

Found this online: "In the UK the use of a flash to prosecute ONCOMING traffic is prohibited. If one is triggered by you approaching it on the other side of the road, then you are not going to be done for speeding."[/
Firstly, thats a load of bollocks dont believe it for one minute.Front facing cameras are the predominant roadside enforcement cameras in this force now since the GATSO ones were switched off, forward facing or rear facing it dont matter mate, if yam caught yam caught, usually by a van in a lay by.If you think about those vans you almost ALWAYS drive TOWARDS them.
It is a myth that the picture infringes your yuman rights if forward facing, so pay up!!

BUT, and its a big but,the GATSO ( yellow boxes on a pole ) DONT take forward facing pictures, neither do the WMP have any STATIC forward facing cameras and the A41 definitely falls in WMP boundaries?

Rozza's tip is this, I think that another vehicle on the opposite carriageway activated THEIR camera if there is one opposite of course.Go back and check to see if this is the case, or if you aint had a fixed penalty notice since the flashing occurred and/or it has been over 14 days, I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope this helps, if not plump for the Speed Awareness course and you might get the one Mrs Rozza is on :evil:


I may be with mrs Roz, I got done in Halesowen. I'm sure I slowed down for the fucker too. 4 hours of boredom awaits.

_________________
Image
Prediction League 2009-2010 Winner
Prediction League 2011-2012 Winner
Prediction League 2012-2013 Winner
World Cup 2014 Prediction League Winner


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:41 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Muz wrote:
Rozza wrote:
chrissygreen wrote:
Before I ask for advice, I'm not excusing the fact I was speeding.

I was doing about 35 in a 30 zone past the baggies ground at 2am in the morning en route home from uni when a gatso got me.

Now my question is the camera which flashed me was
Facing me. Does anyone know if I can get done for this?
Many people have told me I can't and looking online suggests I won't but does anyone have history of this happening?

Found this online: "In the UK the use of a flash to prosecute ONCOMING traffic is prohibited. If one is triggered by you approaching it on the other side of the road, then you are not going to be done for speeding."[/
Firstly, thats a load of bollocks dont believe it for one minute.Front facing cameras are the predominant roadside enforcement cameras in this force now since the GATSO ones were switched off, forward facing or rear facing it dont matter mate, if yam caught yam caught, usually by a van in a lay by.If you think about those vans you almost ALWAYS drive TOWARDS them.
It is a myth that the picture infringes your yuman rights if forward facing, so pay up!!

BUT, and its a big but,the GATSO ( yellow boxes on a pole ) DONT take forward facing pictures, neither do the WMP have any STATIC forward facing cameras and the A41 definitely falls in WMP boundaries?

Rozza's tip is this, I think that another vehicle on the opposite carriageway activated THEIR camera if there is one opposite of course.Go back and check to see if this is the case, or if you aint had a fixed penalty notice since the flashing occurred and/or it has been over 14 days, I wouldn't worry too much.

Hope this helps, if not plump for the Speed Awareness course and you might get the one Mrs Rozza is on :evil:


I may be with mrs Roz, I got done in Halesowen. I'm sure I slowed down for the fucker too. 4 hours of boredom awaits.


Can't you claim that you were in Hot Pursuit or something? :lol:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:51 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:09 pm
Posts: 2746
Location: Hinckley
Speed cameras near the Albion ground are automatically triggered if the driver is wearing a Wolves shirt. Speed is irrelevant...!

_________________
Out of darkness cometh light, out of Scotland came Frank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRKBAmir50


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Speed cameras
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:45 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:55 pm
Posts: 7757
just got done in wales again that's 3 times now. this mobile speed camera caught me from a long way off doing 35 in a 30 hundred quid fine and teetering on the brink.

_________________
IN TEMPORARY REMISSION yes it was temporary


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.