Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent

Share On:

Post subject: Re: Kids Logic
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

sniff the wolfhound wrote:
Embers wrote:
My dear old Nan used to love bread dipped in beef dripping, and I recall it being quite a treat as a kid. She also said brains on toast were lovely. Not for me.

Also, I've never tried tripe and onions, chitlings, or pigs trotters....or sweet bread.

now yam fookin talkin some proper food. a real delicacy back in the day ....yum yum

What are 'Chitlings' ? My Grandfather used to make Groaty Pudding but I don't know which Groats he used and I don't remember ever tasting it.

He used to boil up Pigs Brains too, but the thought of eating brains as a kid was quite revolting to me.

I like my offal as long as it is fresh, fried liver, fried kidney, fried heart with onions etc, but I'm not much into lungs, stomach lining (tripe) and brains, but I would eat it if I didn't have anything else. The Bulgarians make a tasty tripe soup which I have tried and it is not bad at all.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
sniff the wolfhound wrote:
Embers wrote:
My dear old Nan used to love bread dipped in beef dripping, and I recall it being quite a treat as a kid. She also said brains on toast were lovely. Not for me.

Also, I've never tried tripe and onions, chitlings, or pigs trotters....or sweet bread.

now yam fookin talkin some proper food. a real delicacy back in the day ....yum yum

What are 'Chitlings' ? My Grandfather used to make Groaty Pudding but I don't know which Groats he used and I don't remember ever tasting it.

He used to boil up Pigs Brains too, but the thought of eating brains as a kid was quite revolting to me.

I like my offal as long as it is fresh, fried liver, fried kidney, fried heart with onions etc, but I'm not much into lungs, stomach lining (tripe) and brains, but I would eat it if I didn't have anything else. The Bulgarians make a tasty tripe soup which I have tried and it is not bad at all.

I've kind of had them once, albeit in a hot spicy sauce in Manchester's China Town. Liver & Onions are the Don.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:00 am 
Manager
Manager

The basis of hot and sour Shanghai soup, is all them tricky innard bits.

Tis a thing of beauty .......( just don't ask how they make it )

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent