£3,200 Living costs at £400/month x 8

And that's just for one friggin' year.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: University costs...
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:15 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

In answer to your title Sel, Yes it does.

For my two it has cost me loads. Mind you, would I rather be rich and see my kids every weekend on a prison visit, or would I rather be up to my pods in debt, to stop them being in debt, whilst I chat with them about their new and vibrant occupations?

I have re mortgaged my home and took a substantial loan out so my spawn can realise their potential ,I only think of all the holidays and beer and household fixtures and fittings and turbo charged cars I could have had sporadically though :cry:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

For my two it has cost me loads. Mind you, would I rather be rich and see my kids every weekend on a prison visit, or would I rather be up to my pods in debt, to stop them being in debt, whilst I chat with them about their new and vibrant occupations?

I have re mortgaged my home and took a substantial loan out so my spawn can realise their potential ,I only think of all the holidays and beer and household fixtures and fittings and turbo charged cars I could have had sporadically though :cry:

Now i know why the 1p union jack and the 2p round robin is a popular bet for you rozza.I look forward to doing them myself very soon :shock:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:31 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Now i know why the 1p union jack and the 2p round robin is a popular bet for you rozza.I look forward to doing them myself very soon :shock:

Enjoy it ken :mrgreen: .
Try to explore the joys of four cans of kestrel Lager and a tuppeny five horse accumulator as your sole weekend allowance!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Rozza wrote:

Enjoy it ken :mrgreen: .
Try to explore the joys of four cans of kestrel Lager and a tuppeny five horse accumulator as your sole weekend allowance!

My oldest is doing her bit by working in a compton hospice shop part time for free.Well it isn't technically free i'm a soft **** and i'm paying her for going.Parenthood eh.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

I just hope that your offspring plural appreciate it and repay it back some-way or other in the future.

Second mortgages and loans is serious shit in my book for an education that doesn't nowadays guarantee a decent job. Still, blood is thicker than water.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:43 am 
Manager
Manager

It's not a pissing contest, but throw in fookin flights back to Hong Kong every holiday, and money I'd set aside for retirement soon went.

Daughter got a job in a pub in Cowley which is a tad rough Charles. Best thing she ever did, as she had to grow up fast or go under.

Just finished paying for her PGCE. Like the man from the Bulgars says, the degree aint a passport to a job necessarily, however, fully qualified teacher bit, don't count for much in UK, but gets you a decent job in HK, Aussie, or the other parts of the English speaking world.

Sad she will probably have to leave UK to get a decent living.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:00 am 
Manager
Manager

My oldest is doing her bit by working in a compton hospice shop part time for free.Well it isn't technically free i'm a soft **** and i'm paying her for going.Parenthood eh.

I know the feeling, Ken. My eldest, having graduated last year, has been working for nothing for the last eight months as an intern which is purely illegal on behalf of the company but it's the only way a graduate in her field can get experience to land themselves a job. In a nutshell, by the same token as yourself, I've been basically paying her to go to work. Fortunately, her uni costs weren't as high as the young un's and she did live at home.

£60,000+ to go to uni. :twisted:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:22 am 
Manager
Manager

You cant put a cost on education, but you can put a cost to a lack of education.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zqkjmnb

Never be surprised when Conservatives put Profit before People.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:05 am 
Tech-Head
Tech-Head

SELWolf wrote:
£9,000 Fees
£8,000 Rent - in London anyway

Move to Scotland mate ;)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:40 am 
Manager
Manager

saint paddy wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
£9,000 Fees

Move to Scotland mate ;)

You don't know how sore a point that is, Paddywack. :|

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:47 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
saint paddy wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
£9,000 Fees

Move to Scotland mate ;)

You don't know how sore a point that is, Paddywack. :|

Vote Corbyn.

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Sad she will probably have to leave UK to get a decent living.

I think a lot have worked that one out mate .....most places beat Sand well,summer or winter! :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Me mukka, sent his daughter to Stafford Grammar, at £10K or more, for 7 years, and she's just got 2 As and 2 Bs. Off to Durham she goes, to learn what makes people tick. I've got a 10 year old and a 5 year old, so Christ knows what I'm going to do, probably need to set up a couple of ISAs, pronto.

I went to Wolves Poly, but graduated with a Uni degree, but my education was gratis, as there were no fees back then, and you'd get £1,500 each year, which came in handy for gooin on the piss, and gooin on holiday, with the lads :lol: I ended up with a Desmond, aka, Drinking Man's Degree :wink:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:54 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Embers wrote:
Me mukka, sent his daughter to Stafford Grammar, at £10K or more, for 7 years, and she's just got 2 As and 2 Bs. Off to Durham she goes, to learn what makes people tick. I've got a 10 year old and a 5 year old, so Christ knows what I'm going to do, probably need to set up a couple of ISAs, pronto.

I went to Wolves Poly, but graduated with a Uni degree, but my education was gratis, as there were no fees back then, and you'd get £1,500 each year, which came in handy for gooin on the piss, and gooin on holiday, with the lads :lol: I ended up with a Desmond, aka, Drinking Man's Degree :wink:

Better than a Douglas I say.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rent has gone up to £9,000 for the year so that's £21, 000 now.

Someone recently told me at my uni annual get-together that science undergraduates have to pay about £7,000 more per year for fees than arts students. :shock:

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Rent has gone up to £9,000 for the year so that's £21, 000 now.

Someone recently told me at my uni annual get-together that science undergraduates have to pay about £7,000 more per year for fees than arts students. :shock:

If there's an element of what you are expected to earn with the degree included in the price, then it's possible. A good science degree would, I imagine, generally lead to higher income than the equivalent arts degree. It's barking mad, of course, but there you are.

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:14 am 
Manager
Manager

The fees would be covered by a loan though, which isn't really a loan in the same way as other loans. No-one should be remortgaging, or doing anything to pay for their children's fees when that's what the Student Loan Company is for.

If anything, the loans are aren't enough. If the maintenance loan was increased so students could cover basic living costs, then it would be a lot better

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:44 am 
Manager
Manager

toomb wrote:
No-one should be remortgaging, or doing anything to pay for their children's fees when that's what the Student Loan Company is for.

If only, Tom. If only. :|

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent