Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent

Share On:

Post subject: Identification Cards
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:26 am 
Manager
Manager

This has come up before, however when a garlic eating surrender monkey tells us that one of the main reasons the migrants are pouring in is because we don't have them, it must be time to ask the question again. Why don't we have them ?

Everyone over the age of eleven has them here in HK. It proves who you are, proves your Immigration status and allows employers to know exactly who they are employing. It adds a layer of security which helps the elderly keep scammers away from their homes, and allows the Police to instantly check who the hell is wandering around your back fence at three in the morning.

The PC Brigade say it takes away your freedom. Absolute bollocks. If you are scared of who you are and not prepared to prove it, you should have your freedom removed until your bona fides have been established.

Honest folk with nothing to hide, should lobby for their introduction. The same honest people should pay great attention to those who oppose them.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Identification Cards
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:03 am 
Manager
Manager

I have a credit card sized Bulgarian one and it saves me having to carry my Passport all of the time as it is a legal requirement to carry some form of identity in most European countries. If you don't carry it then, you can be arrested for vagrancy (I think).

They're basically Internal Passports, but with the new chips incorporated into them nowadays they can carry lots of useful information such as medical information, NOK and so on.

I would have thought that with all of the terrorist threats that are now mainly from British Passport holders; the amount of benefit fraud and crimes committed that the Government had the perfect reason for introducing them albeit, the cost would be high to manage the processing of around 60+ million cards.

The other thing though is surely this, no point having them or carrying them if the Police don't have the right to stop and check and I don't know what their powers are nowadays.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:22 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
This has come up before, however when a garlic eating surrender monkey tells us that one of the main reasons the migrants are pouring in is because we don't have them, it must be time to ask the question again. Why don't we have them ?

Everyone over the age of eleven has them here in HK. It proves who you are, proves your Immigration status and allows employers to know exactly who they are employing. It adds a layer of security which helps the elderly keep scammers away from their homes, and allows the Police to instantly check who the hell is wandering around your back fence at three in the morning.

The PC Brigade say it takes away your freedom. Absolute bollocks. If you are scared of who you are and not prepared to prove it, you should have your freedom removed until your bona fides have been established.

Honest folk with nothing to hide, should lobby for their introduction. The same honest people should pay great attention to those who oppose them.

I don't mind having one but the argument that "if you've nothing to hide" is the way to 1984.
If we go down that line then i suppose one of the biggest crimes that goes unsolved or one that is hard to police is domestic violence.So everyone have cameras in their house because if you've nothing to hide and all that.I will oppose anything that uses that train of thought and so should you.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:37 am 
Manager
Manager

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
suiging wrote:

I don't mind having one but the argument that "if you've nothing to hide" is the way to 1984.
If we go down that line then i suppose one of the biggest crimes that goes unsolved or one that is hard to police is domestic violence.So everyone have cameras in their house because if you've nothing to hide and all that.I will oppose anything that uses that train of thought and so should you.

The idea is surely to catch those that do have something to hide.

In principle, you would be able to travel within the EU on such a card and no need to carry your larger passport.

You don't have much in the way of Freedom left in the UK as it is with the number of CCTV cameras etc. yet the criminals still find ways around the system especially with auto-crime and fraud. Perhaps a case for how an Identity Card might curb crimes might be a good selling point.

I have been carrying either my passport and my driving license and now identity card around with me for the past 20 years and now it is just a habit and not a hindrance in any way.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:58 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

True if you take a literal meaning, however, I sorta of tried to imply that the positives are so great, it would only be someone with something to hide who would object. Little credit card sized bit of chipped plastic that guarantees who you are and cuts out sooooo much scamming. What's not to like ?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
suiging wrote:

True if you take a literal meaning, however, I sorta of tried to imply that the positives are so great, it would only be someone with something to hide who would object. Little credit card sized bit of chipped plastic that guarantees who you are and cuts out sooooo much scamming. What's not to like ?

it's not to like when the government/politicians say it is,not when you do :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

Deep.......and very true 8)

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

I have an Identity Document.....it's called a passport.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:05 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The burkha tends to render I.D. cards a bit senseless an all.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:10 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

But if person in said sack doesn't have one, then they are arrested. If they produce one from a slit in the fabric, or whatever, and said person on said card is wanted, they are arrested.

Better than nothing....... :wink:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Rozza wrote:

But if person in said sack doesn't have one, then they are arrested. If they produce one from a slit in the fabric, or whatever, and said person on said card is wanted, they are arrested.

Haven't they been banned by the garlic munching surrender monkeys? Liberté, égalité, fraternité, etc.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:38 am 
Manager
Manager

Couldn't this information be carried within a persons phone.

If for instance a person was going to use an airport on a particular day, that person has to gain clearance by using such technology.
Simple text message.

Anyone on a high risk register to be checked out a couple of miles before the enter the airport space near their own departure point.

Never be surprised when Conservatives put Profit before People.

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:32 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

suiging wrote:
Rozza wrote:

what if said sack is ticking.....?.........

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:07 am 
Manager
Manager

sniff the wolfhound wrote:
suiging wrote:
Rozza wrote:

what if said sack is ticking.....?.........

Punch it's clock

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

No problem, we'll make it law that they need to be chipped somewhere in the leg so PC Plod can just scan them. :lol:

Surely nothing discriminating there as if you choose your right to cover your face, no problem, but you'll need to be chipped down the local Vets and have the details uploaded to the Police central computer. :lol:

Mark Twain

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Vent