Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Forum Problems and messages to the mods

Share On:

Post subject: Popularity
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Obviously with our decline down the leagues and the pretty boring non-event of last season forum numbers are expected to drop. But why is a site thats well constructed and ad free down to a site that isnt as well constructed, has adverts and isnt as easy on the eye?

There are 220 posts about the potential takeover on the-wolf but the mix has a takeover update thread (granted it was started earlier in the year) that has over 4,400. At least 100 pages of that is within the week. Why do you guys think it has become like this?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Popularity
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:01 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Hi Rich.

Dunno, but there are advantages to having less posts to sift through, and I feel the Wolf has more of a "family feel". You don't agree with everyone, but generally there is decent banter without too much keyboard agression.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:59 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quality not quantity reigns. I for one would probably not even begin to read a thread with 4,000 posts, in fact, there are probably only a couple of hundred actually WORTH reading.
I agree with the family comments regarding the site, and I agree with the reasons for the reduced input on here given. Mind you, we attracted some right bell ends during our Premier Years on here, they have come and gone leaving a greater percentage of 'older' posters?
I like the make up and general input in other sections of this site probably more than in Wolves chat, but i seriously miss the pisstakery that used to occur in 'Banter'.

On the whole I feel obliged to visit the site daily because I enjoy the persiflage and personage, the only exceptions being for that Mr Slippers and that Mr Fister who are 24 carat cockwombles :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Quality not quantity reigns. I for one would probably not even begin to read a thread with 4,000 posts, in fact, there are probably only a couple of hundred actually WORTH reading.
I agree with the family comments regarding the site, and I agree with the reasons for the reduced input on here given. Mind you, we attracted some right bell ends during our Premier Years on here, they have come and gone leaving a greater percentage of 'older' posters?
I like the make up and general input in other sections of this site probably more than in Wolves chat, but i seriously miss the pisstakery that used to occur in 'Banter'.

On the whole I feel obliged to visit the site daily because I enjoy the persiflage and personage, the only exceptions being for that Mr Slippers and that Mr Fister who are 24 carat cockwombles :mrgreen:

That is a fair point about quality over quantity and a lot of those posts in the 4,400 are pant whetting rubbish. Also a fair point about a fair amount of bellends over the premier league years. I dont visit the site daily like i once used to, maybe thats becasue i dont go as often as i used to and cant really comment to much about the team.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:55 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rich2086 wrote:
Rozza wrote:

That is a fair point about quality over quantity and a lot of those posts in the 4,400 are pant whetting rubbish. Also a fair point about a fair amount of bellends over the premier league years. I dont visit the site daily like i once used to, maybe thats becasue i dont go as often as i used to and cant really comment to much about the team.

Lee and Kat started the site as a non profit way for Wolves fans to chat and meet after Wolves binned the successful site which was tacked onto their website.

Lee has taken on the mantle over the years but steadfastly refuses to reduce the site to an advert fest like the Express and Star site seems to have done :roll: , Kat went several years ago now.

Lee rarely impacts on the site now but the fact that he, and several other long standing members still fund the site, shows its enduring allure.

The only mystery for me is why Lee or Kat have never chosen to sell the site?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:05 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Nothing like a good argument to get things going again. We haven't had a resident keyboard warrior for a while, I miss wolves27 :cry:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
Nothing like a good argument to get things going again. We haven't had a resident keyboard warrior for a while, I miss wolves27 :cry:

yeh, he was a tool but entertaining.

contrary would have been the best way to describe him.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:32 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

whelp wrote:
Cally wrote:

yeh, he was a tool but entertaining.

contrary would have been the best way to describe him.

He was good fun. And whatever happened to SuperMick who liked to give it large but cried to teacher if you gave some back. I miss them.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:46 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

AndyG was an absolute cockend, was one of the reasons why I left in the first place, am trying to integrate back into here now though coz there was more of a community feel to this place.

As long as this turd of a username gets changed soon!

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Forum Problems and messages to the mods