Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Forum Problems and messages to the mods

Share On:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

Anyone know why we were down again for a couple of days - surely such a large hosting company cannot keep going down as often as this one does as folks have businesses have their websites to rely upon for income?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:28 am 
Manager
Manager

Good luck with getting answers on this one.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:21 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I think only Lee (McDogs) can answer this one and I don't think he actually comes on here very often. The only information I have is that there was a server issue which took the hosts some time to sort out.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:13 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I think Lee sold the site to Dianne Abbot recently?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
I think Lee sold the site to Dianne Abbot recently?

Sounds about right and made me LOFF. My post was more inline with, 'who the fook comes down this far in the forum any more' and proved that a few diehards do. :roll:

I think (suspect) that this forum is moribund and that it will die in the nearest future. It costs a fair few quids to keep it going every month and whether you donate or you don't, forums in most genre are dying as everyone lives in the moment of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and whatever, Forums are just old hat nowadays.

There was a time when I would have happily taken the reins (despite all of the opposition, even though my intentions were honourable), but now I think it is not such a great business proposition after all.

I have full respect for what Lee has done over the years as a non real football loving guy, but not so much for Klatterkat, the absent domain name owner, (who refused to sell the site to me point blank), but IF you have been around here as long as I have then, you'd know why things are the way they are. :roll:

It is what it is...... :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:55 pm 
Most Successful Thrush Thrasher

I’ve just had to check whether I really have got varicose veins and a slight prolapse as this post takes me back about 15 years when I was still a bit bendy and could cough without crossing my knees.
Forum is still going Mr Moscow..... :wink:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

nuttymate wrote:
I’ve just had to check whether I really have got varicose veins and a slight prolapse as this post takes me back about 15 years when I was still a bit bendy and could cough without crossing my knees.
Forum is still going Mr Moscow..... :wink:

Twofold reply, firstly to let you know I read your post and secondly, just to say, I didn't invent the idea that this forum might close, it was McDogs who suggested it might on the Wolf FB page albeit, I had a feeling in my water (which proved not to be a kidney stone), about it before the announcement.

I am very pleased to hear that you can still cross your knees as I seem to recall a time when you couldn't keep your legs together. Meant in the best possible taste of course. :wink: :roll:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:00 pm 
Most Successful Thrush Thrasher

My knees and hips are so arthritic it sounds like I’m playing the castanets when I have the quarterly love in....

Seems like you’re all on Facebook so can still connect? I mourned the loss of The Wolf years ago. But I could probably drag up the contact details for Stratford, Rozza, Arch, LB and much missed Blue & White and would always give them the time of day for anything, no matter how much time went by.

It’s not ‘the forum’ that’s special, it’s the folks you connect with along the way....

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:36 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Still here Nuts.... Older and not so wiser, replumbed heart and alive and kicking.. Ain't getting old great!!!

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Forum Problems and messages to the mods