Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Forum Problems and messages to the mods

Share On:

Post subject: Message Titled CBK
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:51 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Hello Mods,

Do you think you could delete this thread call CBK please.

I see no need for it at all.

There's another thread started by "wanderin star" (called A few things...) that is also full of foul language, and I see no justification for it.

Do you want to have a word with him?

Thanks a lot.

Pip Pip !

I Blog A Lot @ http://docdenbow.wordpress.com feel free to have a look.

http://www.theyamyam.net/cite/docdenbow/

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:58 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wandering star has been banned.We will no longer tolerate abusive behaviour on this site.Unfortunately the defenders of the meek will be on later to ask why,the threads are there for their benefit.Hope this is ok?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:01 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Cool.

I see nothing wrong with disagreements and debates on a forum, but this is a public forum and that type of foul and abusive language doesn't sit well with me or I guess the idea of Wolves being a family friendly club.

Thanks for replying.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

No problem mate...we try our best,it aint always good enough for some,and we wont always get it right,but thats life innit.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:17 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

You know only too well that you will have no complaint from me for banning people who are abusive and who use excessive foul language. As a defender of the meek as you call it I am genuinely only interested in speaking up for those who, on the face of it, don't deserve a ban or a deleted thread and then I look for explanation. Of course most mods try their best and get very little appreciation for it although, having said that, no-one is forcing them to do it as far as I can tell. I have asked questions when a decision by the mods has seemed strange without apparent good reason and I know what sort of reputation that gives me although in my own way I believe that by doing that I am contributing positively to the board. I did see a post by a mod recently which I thought was quite abusive but I decided not to make an issue of it at the time because I know how it angers some of you. However, I would hope that the intolerance of abusive behaviour wll also be applied to mods too.

I daresay that one day I will probably fall foul myself.

Don't play the victim as a mod, just do your job as fairly and objectively as you can, without bias, and you will be appreciated. If people perceive that you are doing the job well than they are unlikely to complain.

PS: I note that 2 mods have reopened a thread to have their say after it was locked to further discussion by Admin. That is the sort of thing which in my opinion can lead to disafffection amongst members.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:23 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Who said i was talking about you?

Can you imagine what this site would be like without 'modding',we are only human,and we aint going to please everyone all the time.Some of us mod this site just to keep it going,if thats wrong then i humbly apologise.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:26 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

[quote="Left back"]You know only too well that you will have no complaint from me for banning people who are abusive and who use excessive foul language. As a defender of the meek as you call it I am genuinely only interested in speaking up for those who, on the face of it, don't deserve a ban or a deleted thread and then I look for explanation. Of course most mods try their best and get very little appreciation for it although, having said that, no-one is forcing them to do it as far as I can tell. I have asked questions when a decision by the mods has seemed strange without apparent good reason and I know what sort of reputation that gives me although in my own way I believe that by doing that I am contributing positively to the board. I did see a post by a mod recently which I thought was quite abusive but I decided not to make an issue of it at the time because I know how it angers some of you. However, I would hope that the intolerance of abusive behaviour wll also be applied to mods too.

Don't play the victim as a mod, just do your job as fairly and objectively as you can, without bias, and you will be appreciated. If people perceive that you are doing the job well than they are unlikely to complain.

PS: I note that 2 mods have reopened a thread to have their say after it was locked to further discussion by Admin. That is the sort of thing which in my opinion can lead to disafffection amongst members.[/quote]

Dear Mr Back.
As you are so determined to waste the boards natural resources on frivolous PM's I have sent you one regarding the points you make. You may publish it for the masses that you purport to speak for if you so choose., I daresay most folk dont give a fig but hey ho.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:27 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

wolfman169 wrote:
Who said i was talking about you?

Can you imagine what this site would be like without 'modding',we are only human,and we aint going to please everyone all the time.Some of us mod this site just to keep it going,if thats wrong then i humbly apologise.

I am quite certain in my own mind that I would have been the type you were thinking about when you mentioned defenders of the meek. Read again if you think I am saying modding is not necessary. I am saying that if it hurts you to much to do it then don't - and yes I do appreciate that the site can only keep going if there are sufficient mods and I thank you for doing the job.

By the way, I have just read the thread in question at the start of this thread and I fully understand the reason for the ban on wanderin star.

Last edited by Left back on Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:31 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Excuse me butting in here, foul and abusive language on a public forum is far from necessary.

It is the last resort usually of someone who has lost or is losing a debate. More so when it's got to be typed!

Just my 2p worth

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:34 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

sharksworth wrote:
Excuse me butting in here, foul and abusive language on a public forum is far from necessary.

It is the last resort usually of someone who has lost or is losing a debate. More so when it's got to be typed!

Just my 2p worth

I fully agree Sharksworth.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

I'll fix it, Callaghan wrote – then came the winter of discontent !

.........." pride is forever " ..........

.....be loyal
.......be proud
.........be wolves

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:39 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

sharksworth wrote:

Just my 2p worth

Mr worth.
Whilst I agree with your points, and also agree with your assumption that people lack certain vocabulary skills when swearing an that, I admit that I am guilty as charged and deserve a hot crumpet from behind in the showers with Mr Big.

May I point out in my defence, a lot of the people who have met me may well bear this out, I write the way I speak, by that I mean, outside my home I swear like a complete bastard.
I dont do it maliciously, I do it because it is a by product of my upbringing and social environment for the last 35 years, or indeed, since I started work. In short, I do it to express myself or highlight a point.

If you have posted on 606, you will see what a board is like without even a modicum of fuckery. It is sterile and stunted, the mods are bland anonymous figures who have no identities, and as such, modding must be a piece of piss on there.

Do you want this board to go that way, because I dont.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:
Left back wrote:
You know only too well that you will have no complaint from me for banning people who are abusive and who use excessive foul language. As a defender of the meek as you call it I am genuinely only interested in speaking up for those who, on the face of it, don't deserve a ban or a deleted thread and then I look for explanation. Of course most mods try their best and get very little appreciation for it although, having said that, no-one is forcing them to do it as far as I can tell. I have asked questions when a decision by the mods has seemed strange without apparent good reason and I know what sort of reputation that gives me although in my own way I believe that by doing that I am contributing positively to the board. I did see a post by a mod recently which I thought was quite abusive but I decided not to make an issue of it at the time because I know how it angers some of you. However, I would hope that the intolerance of abusive behaviour wll also be applied to mods too.

PS: I note that 2 mods have reopened a thread to have their say after it was locked to further discussion by Admin. That is the sort of thing which in my opinion can lead to disafffection amongst members.[/quote]

Dear Mr Back.
As you are so determined to waste the boards natural resources on frivolous PM's I have sent you one regarding the points you make. You may publish it for the masses that you purport to speak for if you so choose., I daresay most folk dont give a fig but hey ho.

My apologies to Rozza in that I now understand that his post was submitted in the timespan between McDogs saying he locked the thread and the actual lock taking place.

That leaves one.

And I'm not sure what frivolous PM's I am meant to have sent as I can't recall sending one today.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:51 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
Rozza wrote:
Left back wrote:

Dear Mr Back.

My apologies to Rozza in that I now understand that his post was submitted in the timespan between McDogs saying he locked the thread and the actual lock taking place.

That leaves one.

And I'm not sure what frivolous PM's I am meant to have sent as I can't recall sending one today.

So your normal PM's are frivolous? :wink:

Prediction League 2012-2013 Winner
World Cup 2014 Prediction League Winner

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:57 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Muz wrote:

So your normal PM's are frivolous? :wink:[/quote]

Oh yes!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:09 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

A moderator has the power to post a reply to a thread after its been locked without unlocking it. Sometimes it's accidental, and it just so happens that we didn't realise it had been locked, I know I've made that mistake. But some threads require a back up or extra from another mod, something which I've done today. It'll only create 'disaffection' if someone chooses to be bothered by it.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:11 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Cally wrote:
A moderator has the power to post a reply to a thread after its been locked without unlocking it. Sometimes it's accidental, and it just so happens that we didn't realise it had been locked, I know I've made that mistake. But some threads require a back up or extra from another mod, something which I've done today. It'll only create 'disaffection' if someone chooses to be bothered by it.

Indeed.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:19 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Dearest Rozza,

Have a look at the posts I'm talking about - should be plain as day.

I feel like this cos' I have an idiot posting rubbish about me all over Twitter (Hi Cally sorry if you get to read it) and whilst a bit of swearing never really does harm just look at the posts that I am talking about and to be honest if that clown wasn't banned then you would've seen the last of me.

My point is that yes it is the way we all speak but c'mon do we have to be so, I dunno ???

Get my drift?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:23 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

sharksworth wrote:
Dearest Rozza,

I feel like this cos' I have an idiot posting rubbish about me all over Twitter (Hi Cally sorry if you get to read it) and whilst a bit of swearing never really does harm just look at the posts that I am talking about and to be honest if that clown wasn't banned then you would've seen the last of me.

My point is that yes it is the way we all speak but c'mon do we have to be so, I dunno ???

Get my drift?

It's all about context.

There's swearing when it's said just as a common word in a sentence, which although not pleasant is not going to offend anyone. Then there is the stuff like Numpy-brain over there, which is just aimed to offend and insult, which has no place anywhere.

All words cause different reactions dependant on context.

Thankfully, that moron has been removed.

Prediction League 2012-2013 Winner
World Cup 2014 Prediction League Winner

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:09 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

sharksworth wrote:
Dearest Rozza,

Get my drift?

:smt017
Mr Worth, I am not a twitterer, and as such have no idea what you are on about. Please feel free to PM me the comments so I can be in the know as it were?

If I may explain a little further regarding swearing.

There are two vacant seats behind me in the NB as thankfully, the two squawking halfwits that inhabited them for a two and a half seasons, decide to clear.

We now have a procession of empty seats, bored kids, drunks, Fransiscan Monks who now are able to purchase those seats. During the Wigan game, the two scientists who decided to visit that day included an almost comatose kid of about 20 and a similar kid who showed us all he was awake by shouting "Come Fuckin on Wolves you fuckers", every three or four minutes or so.

After going two down, he realised his clever ploy was not working so he reverted to plan B. That plan was to sit quietly for ten minutes or so then when a black Wigan player got the ball attacking, he would shout "Come on Wolves, fuck the black c..t off"

The first time he shouted it I said to my mate, christ, I feel a conflict coming on.

Then sure as eggs is eggs, he repeated his comments, a little louder as no one had challenged him of course, and standing up!

Enough thought I, I gave him a round of fucks calling him a fucking childish racist idiot and told him to shut the fuck up as he was acting like a deranged fuckin kid.

I didn't have the vocabulary and poise of David Niven or the stunted persona of Sir Alan, I voiced my opinion in the language that he and I understood.

Thats what I do on here, and I daresay thats what will get me in the shit. I cant change mate cos its how I speak.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:00 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

As a fairly new member on here, I am glad the moderators locked that particular article. It was abusive in the extreme. Any forum worth its salt would not tolerate such behaviour, so I say well done to the site leaders.

Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRKBAmir50

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:24 am 
Manager
Manager

People loike that should be tagged and have there whereabouts known at all times..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:38 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

RememberMunro wrote:
As a fairly new member on here, I am glad the moderators locked that particular article. It was abusive in the extreme. Any forum worth its salt would not tolerate such behaviour, so I say well done to the site leaders.

Thank you.

Agreed.

I wasn't particularly offended, rather more embarassed incase other supporters saw such pathetic behaviour from a Wolves fan.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:52 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

chrissygreen wrote:
RememberMunro wrote:

Thank you.

Agreed.

I wasn't particularly offended, rather more embarassed incase other supporters saw such pathetic behaviour from a Wolves fan.

I've only just seen that message. Saw this and looked through the retired threads.

Just to echo everyone else's sentiments, well done to the Mods for pacifying a stupid situation.

"To say that these men paid their shillings to watch twenty-two hirelings kick a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and catgut, that Hamlet is so much paper and ink"

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Forum Problems and messages to the mods