Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Forum Problems and messages to the mods

Share On:

Post subject: Auto Photo Upload Sizing
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

I notice the sticky about Avatar sizing and was wondering if YOU could set a photo automatic resizing to fit the pages on here?

I recall as my time as a MOD that we either didn't know how to do it or, we didn't have the access to resize photographs to fit the front screen. It is a shame as many a good thread such as the old Wolves Memorabilia (that's not the proper thread title, just as I can now recall it) is spoilt due to oversized photographs being uploaded that push everyone's comments to scroll right into your next door neighbour's front room to read them.

Is there away to automatically resize uploaded photographs to fit the page they're on as I am aware that for most, it is hard enough to upload in the first place without asking them to resize to this or that Pixel size?

Cheers.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

It is amazing how things can be overlooked for nearly 18 months. :roll:

The questions still remains which is yes, no or bollocks.

Can photographs be automatically resized to fit the front page or do YOU (ADMIN) need to physically resize them as I love most photographs posted, but I hate having to scroll into the next door neighbours' garden to read the right side of the written replies.

I ain't had a moan for ages and this has been sitting a LONG TIME without a reply so don't interpret it as MOD bashing. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:39 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Ar dow no

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:04 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Bollocks.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:50 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Yes or no.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:41 am 
Manager
Manager

its not as easy as you may think to do this.

you would need a script (or somesuch) to read the file and then output it in the correct way for the forum.

im sure such a script doesn't exist in the original forum source code so would need to be custom written and then integrated.

unless McDogs has such a function already written I would doubt he had the time to mess.

I always use this if I need something doing: https://www.online-image-editor.com/

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

It's still a fookin annoying problem and now't has been done. MODS please just delete any links of long photographs until folk learn not to post them and that includes MODS that post them now and again too. :wink:

BTW, my tone is one out of frustration in having to scroll half a mile down the road to read certain posts because someone has posted a huge picture post and, is not an order, but a suggestion/request.

Thank you for your time.

BTW - couldn't McDogs extract the email address for members such as Squeak and Nibbs as they must have had email addresses to sign up in the first place and then, we might be able to find out IF they're still with us or in the BIG Wolf Forum in the sky. :idea:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:39 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
It's still a fookin annoying problem and now't has been done. MODS please just delete any links of long photographs until folk learn not to post them and that includes MODS that post them now and again too. :wink:

BTW, my tone is one out of frustration in having to scroll half a mile down the road to read certain posts because someone has posted a huge picture post and, is not an order, but a suggestion/request.

Thank you for your time.

BTW - couldn't McDogs extract the email address for members such as Squeak and Nibbs as they must have had email addresses to sign up in the first place and then, we might be able to find out IF they're still with us or in the BIG Wolf Forum in the sky. :idea:

I doh know how to do it Moscow - I cor put a man on the moon either.

BTW your BTW is a good idea.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:08 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

How they gonna answer an Email if tham jed?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:49 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
How they gonna answer an Email if tham jed?

Here's a clue Inspector Clouseu:-

It is not unusual for the surviving spouse (when there is one) to keep an eye out of the deceased's email account(s) or, if the email doesn't bounce back then at least suggests the account is still open.

My Wife wouldn't know my Password for here and why should she, so if I kicked the bucket tomorrow, nobody would ever pick up my PM's, but she would see my emails and my password is written down anyway.

Under normal circumstances, posters come and go, but you don't go from being a prolific poster one day to doing a Houdini overnight. Perhaps I care too much or am too nosey, but I thought it was worth a shot even if a long-shot. :idea:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:27 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

?

If I popped my clogs tomorrow, Mrs R would have no idea about how to access my Emails, she would have little if any compulsion to follow my input on this site, let alone to interact with folk she has nothing in common with.
My letters, Emails, correspondence in any form are mine alone, as are hers. If I willed that she went online to give a eulogy on The-Wolf to my bredren, she just plainly wouldn't. You used your personal views and stance Bob, they are mine.

People come and go, its their prerogative, you cor force um to post, neither can you stop folk talking bollocks.Its a bit like inviting people to contribute to the site financially :shock:

Anyroad, I ay got a clue about how to re-size pics either, I dont really want to delete the pics because one gets a round of fucks from the OP who can patently see the shite that they have created in the fust place. They are the ones who should delete their input, they dont need nannies to wipe their collective arses, they need to be accountable for their own fuckuppery ay it.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fairy snuff. However, if you get stabbed in the line of duty or simply turns your toes up then, I'm sure we'd hear about it as enough folk on here have met you in person.

Squeak on the other-hand is out in Tasmania so not much chance of finding out what might have happened to him via a bunch of matchday drinking pals albeit, to have signed up for this Forum, he would have to have supplied an email address which only Admin can probably see. :?:

Nibbs similarly, living somewhere down on the South Coast or in Parkhurst on a mobile device, nobody from here seems to know him personally. He could be up in an attic hanging and smelling the neighbourhood out for all we know or care. Sad, but we have noway of knowing without any form of contact data.

I take your point about not knowing how to resize a picture, but there are those that do amongst your team and it is just a niggling bugbear of mine.

BTW, I still aye gonna contribute a Sixpence so there. :lol: Personally, I think the sand is running through the timer of this site too quickly. We'll no doubt have to all meet up on the Mix or FB, Twatter or suchlike at some future date, but hope I'm wrong.

I'll wind my neck in now before the usual suspects turn up and make this into another MOD bashing thread.

Mark Twain

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Forum Problems and messages to the mods