Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Forum Problems and messages to the mods

Share On:

Post subject: missing stickies
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:40 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I know I'm supposed to be a mod but I don't understand something can anyone help?

The last post to matchday stickies is shown as embers on 22 October at 10 something. When I click on the forum, the last item I can see is foe Wolves v Wigan with a last post by Selwolf on 6 October at 7.30. Does anyone know where the missing bit has gone and how I get it back?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: missing stickies
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:47 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The match day stickies get moved into a separate sub forum after the game (under Wolves Chat), that's where the Wigan sticky is.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:53 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks Cally but I am very thick when it comes to these things. Where are the Millwall and Middlesboro ones at the moment?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Thanks Cally but I am very thick when it comes to these things. Where are the Millwall and Middlesboro ones at the moment?

Muss/Nibbs has been starting most of the Matchday Stickies this season, but UNLESS a MOD/Admin actually 'stickies' them then, they're just ordinary threads that will get lost in Wolves Chat.

Edit. The Boro sticky is where is it shown i.e. in the Matchday Sticky thread and Embers did make the last post. Just clicked on his nick as shown and it brings the thread and his post up right away: -

http://www.the-wolf.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=65&p=1004985#p1004985

However, I now understand your dilemma as when one opens the Match Day Sticky sub forum, you cannot see/find the Boro sticky. :? I thought it might be something to do with the heading format, but the day/date first (Tues 21/10 Wolves v Middlesbrough - Matchday Sticky) should place the thread in chronological order.

I might risk, opening the thread from Embers last post, moving it back to Wolves Chat and moving it again to Match Day Sticky to see if it shows - at least it isn't lost YET. :lol:

Whilst we're on the subject why is the Fulham sticky an ANNOUNCEMENT showing at the top of each and every page in the Match Day Sticky Sub Forum - could one of you Mods un-Announce it for want of a better word and then it should fall into its place amongst the other stickies.

Millwall Sticky is in the right place too: -

http://www.the-wolf.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=67312&hilit=Millwall+v+Wolves

As is the Wigan one, just the Boro one is hiding somewhere.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:59 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:

They're both in the match day sticky sub-forum, but as they've seemingly 'disappeared' they must have not been made stickies in the first place and got lost further down the forum.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
Left back wrote:

They're both in the match day sticky sub-forum, but as they've seemingly 'disappeared' they must have not been made stickies in the first place and got lost further down the forum.

I think it is something more sinister as I just added a post to that thread and the Thread still hasn't appeared anywhere on any page in that whole sub-forum yet is listed as being in Match Day Stickies.

Best thing is to access it via my last post and look at it with your Mod tools as I can't even recognise if it is a Stickied thread or not.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:16 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Cally wrote:
Left back wrote:

I think it is something more sinister as I just added a post to that thread and the Thread still hasn't appeared anywhere on any page in that whole sub-forum yet is listed as being in Match Day Stickies.

Best thing is to access it via my last post and look at it with your Mod tools as I can't even recognise if it is a Stickied thread or not.

It isn't a sticky, hence why it hasn't bumped to the top of the forum when you posted in it.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Cally wrote:

It isn't a sticky, hence why it hasn't bumped to the top of the forum when you posted in it.

And, as I said or tried to say in my previous post; that thread is not visible (to me unless I am blind) by title in that whole Sub Forum as I searched each and every page of around 16 pages. Not that it matters to me, just trying to help Left Back out.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:16 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks Moscow. I can see both threads from the links you provide but I cannot find either of them in matchday stickies or wolves chat. I can't unsticky and re-sticky because I can't find the sticky tool and I guess unnanouncement is also on the same menu which I either can't find or don't have.

Maybe I will get to grips with this modding lark one day.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

If you go to Board Index -> Match Day Stickies and then page 10, they are about halfway down. Look for my name in the author column. If you want to bring them to the top, Sticky them and then you might have to post in them again (or bump them if you have that option).

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:04 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:

And, as I said or tried to say in my previous post; that thread is not visible (to me unless I am blind) by title in that whole Sub Forum as I searched each and every page of around 16 pages. Not that it matters to me, just trying to help Left Back out.

And, as I said, the threads are not stickys, hence why they are so far down and seemingly 'lost' within the stickied threads.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:05 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
Thanks Moscow. I can see both threads from the links you provide but I cannot find either of them in matchday stickies or wolves chat. I can't unsticky and re-sticky because I can't find the sticky tool and I guess unnanouncement is also on the same menu which I either can't find or don't have.

Maybe I will get to grips with this modding lark one day.

On the bottom right of a thread, click on Edit, underneath the text box there is an option to make it either a 'sticky' or 'announcement' thread.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:17 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks Cally. I went through this a few weeks ago. That option just isn't there. I get a select desired action menu and sticky or announcement aren't in it.

Thanks anyway.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Thanks Cally. I went through this a few weeks ago. That option just isn't there. I get a select desired action menu and sticky or announcement aren't in it.

Thanks anyway.

I also couldn't sticky anything during my brief flirtation with modomy.

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:05 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:

Thanks anyway.

I'll let Lee know.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:07 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thanks.

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Forum Problems and messages to the mods