Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Announcements

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:27 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

"I had you marked down for Mod status" WTF,..... has there been a silent coup de tat or has your delusions of grandeur just invaded Poland knocker?

Whats next?, will you annexe Football Chat and then drive the heathen bastard nutty and kats counsel house into the sea?, can we expect a bit of ethnic cleansing in Members Pics.

We are through the looking glass here people :shock: The wind of change smells slightly eggy to me KK.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

mcdogs wrote:
Okay anyone can now read the forum, but they have to register/log in to post or comment!

Super stuff, now we can rebuild the forum, thanks.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

mcdogs wrote:
Okay anyone can now read the forum, but they have to register/log in to post or comment!

I'm scared.

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Last edited by Nibbs Minton on Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:39 pm 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

Did you get my PM Muss?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

mcdogs wrote:
Did you get my PM Muss?

Yes thanks, but I still can't find it. Do I definitely have the permission?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:42 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

muss wrote:
mcdogs wrote:
Did you get my PM Muss?

Yes thanks, but I still can't find it. Do I definitely have the permission?

You have the force

Prediction League 2012-2013 Winner
World Cup 2014 Prediction League Winner

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:44 pm 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

Try now Muss

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:49 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Welcome to the world of the strange muss :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

Quote:

That's me fooked then! I shall pack my suitcase.

me an all my sexually perverted friend!

I wonder if talkingoutofyourarse.com is available?

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:07 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
I struggle with the idea of threads going off topic being a major problem. In most cases the thread just develops as one post follows another and I think that is the way threads move forward. I guess I must be one of those who is always taking threads off topic but to me it is simply responding to what has been said. Also, if I was concerned that a thread had gone off topic I would simply make a post bringing it back again.

There are several who have complained about threads going off topic so maybe it is only me who thinks this way, I think it would help McDogs to know whether I am the only one.

Wolves chat used to be about wolves chat, now you get half way through a thread and it can be about anything and everything but wolves chat, that's what banter forum was introduced for and originally used well.[/quote][/quote]

That's me fooked then! I shall pack my suitcase.[/quote]

Shame, I had you marked down for active mod status, then you have two sets of mods.[/quote]

So much for total freedom KK. Surely someone with your vast lnowledge has the wherewithal to bring a topic back to where you want it to be if you don't like the direction it has taken.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
I struggle with the idea of threads going off topic being a major problem. In most cases the thread just develops as one post follows another and I think that is the way threads move forward. I guess I must be one of those who is always taking threads off topic but to me it is simply responding to what has been said. Also, if I was concerned that a thread had gone off topic I would simply make a post bringing it back again.

There are several who have complained about threads going off topic so maybe it is only me who thinks this way, I think it would help McDogs to know whether I am the only one.

Wolves chat used to be about wolves chat, now you get half way through a thread and it can be about anything and everything but wolves chat, that's what banter forum was introduced for and originally used well.
[/quote]

Shame, I had you marked down for active mod status, then you have two sets of mods.[/quote]

So much for total freedom KK. Surely someone with your vast lnowledge has the wherewithal to bring a topic back to where you want it to be if you don't like the direction it has taken.[/quote]

I didn't post that mucka, just highlighted a fair point made by someone else.

As you know with the lack of moderation the past year or more, i constantly strive to bring threads back on track.
Sometimes i do, sometimes i dont.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Northampton_Wolf wrote:
Left back wrote:

Wolves chat used to be about wolves chat, now you get half way through a thread and it can be about anything and everything but wolves chat, that's what banter forum was introduced for and originally used well.

There you go..LB

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:19 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

So much for total freedom KK. Surely someone with your vast lnowledge has the wherewithal to bring a topic back to where you want it to be if you don't like the direction it has taken.[/quote]

As you know with the lack of moderation the past year or more, i constantly strive to bring threads back on track.
Sometimes i do, sometimes i dont.[/quote]

I know you didn't post it originally I already responded to Northants Wolf but you certainly HIGHLIGHTED it again. I still find it difficult to equate what you are saying here with your comment that you want people to be given total freedom - even to the extent that you will give someone your password if you think they are being censored. If you can't get a thread back on track maybe it is because it has gone off in a direction which has become more interesting to the general postership.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

There are several who have complained about threads going off topic so maybe it is only me who thinks this way, I think it would help McDogs to know whether I am the only one.[/quote]

Wolves chat used to be about wolves chat, now you get half way through a thread and it can be about anything and everything but wolves chat, that's what banter forum was introduced for and originally used well.[/quote][/quote]

Sometimes i do, sometimes i dont.[/quote]

I know you didn't post it originally I already responded to Northants Wolf but you certainly HIGHLIGHTED it again. I still find it difficult to equate what you are saying here with your comment that you want people to be given total freedom - even to the extent that you will give someone your password if you think they are being censored. If you can't get a thread back on track maybe it is because it has gone off in a direction which has become more interesting to the general postership.[/quote]

I agree, and with the reduced numbers posting ( members) its usual for the same members with different wishes to keep bumping into each other.

So for example what i might view as trolling you for example might view as banter.

Now without good moderators, that kind of thing can easily spill over into a war of words.

People get pissed off, others fail to see the problem, some people leave the forum, others feel victimised.
Put it like this If you were Adrian Chiles, I was Roy Keane and Rozza was Mick McCarthy.

Wouldn't the atmosphere be so much better with a room full of others, not just three blokes getting the hump with each other.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:49 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Put it like this If you were Adrian Chiles, I was Roy Keane and Rozza was Mick McCarthy.

Wouldn't the atmosphere be so much better with a room full of others, not just three blokes getting the hump with each other.

So I'm the fat dickhead one then am I? :lol:

To be honest I find the three guys getting the hump with each other quite entertaining.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

To be honest I find the three guys getting the hump with each other quite entertaining.

It is, i do too, to a point, but, ar the but, fresh members mean you can avoid the wife for a while.
Now when this forum was losing members week by week who was in control trying to bring fresh impetus to the forum.

Do you see my view, or am i crazy here?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:57 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

I think I had better plead the 5th amendment. 8)

I seem to remember a Monty Python sketch with someone coming in saying "stop this sketch it's got too silly" Is that how you see modding?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

It is, i do too, to a point, but, ar the but, fresh members mean you can avoid the wife for a while.
Now when this forum was losing members week by week who was in control trying to bring fresh impetus to the forum.

Knocker, you ain't crazy, but I'd be interested to know the reason why members have left, and whether they could have been persuaded to stay. I recall the likes of Kim Jong and Lucca Wolf, when I joined, but they've vanished.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:10 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Embers wrote:
Knocker, you ain't crazy, but I'd be interested to know the reason why members have left, and whether they could have been persuaded to stay. I recall the likes of Kim Jong and Lucca Wolf, when I joined, but they've vanished.

I think Kim Jong went over the top and was invited to leave. I miss Lucca though.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Embers wrote:

I think Kim Jong went over the top and was invited to leave. I miss Lucca though.

Wasn't that WOOF or was he using some other nick?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:17 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Left back wrote:
Embers wrote:

Wasn't that WOOF or was he using some other nick?

Now you say it I think I heard that KJ was a regeneration of WOOF.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:18 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
Embers wrote:

Lucca was a good chap. Had to buy him a ticket for the game he came over to the uk for. Top bloke. Reminded me of a thin Santa

Prediction League 2012-2013 Winner
World Cup 2014 Prediction League Winner

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

Muz wrote:
Left back wrote:
Embers wrote:

Lucca was a good chap. Had to buy him a ticket for the game he came over to the uk for. Top bloke. Reminded me of a thin Santa

I feel sad now, I wonder if he expired?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:43 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Embers wrote:
Muz wrote:

Maybe we should put together a trip to Lucca to Looka for Lucca.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:00 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
Embers wrote:

Kimbo was indeed Woof.They both exuded their shitbag credentials eventually.Woof was a REAL wrong un with a penchant for knocking the ladies about. I knew it, the mods knew it, admin knew it, I just hoped that no deluded person might give him solace or god forbid access after being banned.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza is the stand point of the mods that they all do their fair share of modding.

Would you change the mods, names and numbers.

How could the mods do their jobs better.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Embers wrote:
Muz wrote:

Maybe we should put together a trip to Lucca to Looka for Lucca.

Lucca lives on the second floor, or so I heard.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:32 pm 
Most Successful Thrush Thrasher

muss wrote:
Lucca lives on the second floor, or so I heard[/color].

:lol:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:03 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Left back wrote:
Embers wrote:

Kimbo was indeed Woof.They both exuded their shitbag credentials eventually.Woof was a REAL wrong un with a penchant for knocking the ladies about. I knew it, the mods knew it, admin knew it, I just hoped that no deluded person might give him solace or god forbid access after being banned.

That is the first I ever hear of that. :shock: I hope we ain't on the verge of liable here. I knew he was a nasty git, but he did apologise to me via PM (after threatening in open forum to break my spine as you do. :roll: ) said he had been high on something or other for most of the time on the OS and on here. All water under the bridge now.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:08 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

muss wrote:
Lucca lives on the second floor, or so I heard.

:lol: Very good. I guess he just doesn't argue any more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Announcements