Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Announcements

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Not to late to join the Muss World Cup prediction league.

Join today and start level with me....

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
muss wrote:
Lucca lives on the second floor, or so I heard.

:lol: Very good. I guess he just doesn't argue any more.

If he's ill, we should have a concert down the Mol for him. A number of regular posters have bands.

We could call it........Lucozade

OK, I know, I'll get the coat

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Write to Wolves and request that they get into the Premier League and stay there this time, nothing like being in the big league to spark interest/debate/endless arguments on here.

The last season there simply wasn't too much to discuss after all.. we were the best team int he league and we expected to win most matches and mostly did, what more can one say to that?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

The MODS do a good job considering a lot of us like to wind them up from time to time.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:32 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Have the moderators discussed the suggestions made in this thread, and are any of them to be implemented?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRKBAmir50

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:38 am 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

FrankMunro-371 wrote:
Have the moderators discussed the suggestions made in this thread, and are any of them to be implemented?

Some of them have already been implemented ;-)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:46 am 
Manager
Manager

mcdogs wrote:
FrankMunro-371 wrote:

Which ones?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
mcdogs wrote:
FrankMunro-371 wrote:

Which ones?

Being able to view the forum without being a member.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:44 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

It seems to me that McDogs asked for comments in good faith and and he has implemented suggestions such as opening up the site for non embers to read again, combining some of the forums and Making Muss a mod for the world cup bit. That seems like someone who has listened and bear in mind that he does most of the work in making the site operational and he makes up any financial shortfalls on the monthly payment. I doubt if he makes a profit somehow. I guess you will feel a bit disenchanted with some of the criticisms regarding the mods and I want to say I appreciate you keeping this site going Lee. It may be helpful to review the number and responsibilities of the mods but I accept that the decisions are entirely at the discretion of McDogs and Kat as it is their site.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Im probably going to be unpopular with some but I dont care. I understand sometimes people on here need banning etc for whatever reason but I feel over the years some great contributors have been permanently banned when maybe a 2 week ban might have been suffice. I also think in the past falling out with a mod over whatever subject could pretty much mean your nailing your own coffin together, I find myself using other Wolves forums and social media outlets now somewhere some these people have gone to, in the past this was the only Wolves related fan site id ever visit. When you lose people that post thousands of posts a year the forum is always going to suffer. But before i get jumped on i know some needed to go for good but not all.

Another thing that has had the biggest impact is probably the downturn in the club going from the prem to league 1 i think a lot of fans became disillusioned the forum maybe a busier place if we do well next season

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:27 am 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

Rich2086 wrote:
Im probably going to be unpopular with some but I dont care. I understand sometimes people on here need banning etc for whatever reason but I feel over the years some great contributors have been permanently banned when maybe a 2 week ban might have been suffice. I also think in the past falling out with a mod over whatever subject could pretty much mean your nailing your own coffin together, I find myself using other Wolves forums and social media outlets now somewhere some these people have gone to, in the past this was the only Wolves related fan site id ever visit. When you lose people that post thousands of posts a year the forum is always going to suffer. But before i get jumped on i know some needed to go for good but not all.

Another thing that has had the biggest impact is probably the downturn in the club going from the prem to league 1 i think a lot of fans became disillusioned the forum maybe a busier place if we do well next season

In the ten years The Wolf has been running, we have actually only permanently banned about eight members and a couple of those was the same person that kept on rejoining to cause problems.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:31 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rich2086 wrote:

Can I ask who has been banned that you considered a 'good contributor'? Anyone who has been banned was done so after discussions between the mods & the decisions are not taken lightly. Being a decent poster doesn't excuse anyone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:36 am 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
It seems to me that McDogs asked for comments in good faith and and he has implemented suggestions such as opening up the site for non embers to read again, combining some of the forums and Making Muss a mod for the world cup bit. That seems like someone who has listened and bear in mind that he does most of the work in making the site operational and he makes up any financial shortfalls on the monthly payment. I doubt if he makes a profit somehow. I guess you will feel a bit disenchanted with some of the criticisms regarding the mods and I want to say I appreciate you keeping this site going Lee. It may be helpful to review the number and responsibilities of the mods but I accept that the decisions are entirely at the discretion of McDogs and Kat as it is their site.

I think this part is important, Mods should be as accountable as the members and also be active members as well as Mods.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

mcdogs wrote:
Rich2086 wrote:

In the ten years The Wolf has been running, we have actually only permanently banned about eight members and a couple of those was the same person that kept on rejoining to cause problems.

Thats fair enough i thought it would have been more but i bet in the past 18 months nobody has needed banning. I still like coming here now and again but members that have "moved on" wolvessnooker147 and others have moved on to other forums but mainly social media outlets. I'm not the biggest fan of these social media sites but they do have some big advantages.

A great ally of this forum is Tapatalk anyone on here with a smart phone should have this, does everyone even know about it because it makes access even easier and you dont have to boot a computer up to post, so simple to use to.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:33 pm 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

Rich2086 wrote:
Thats fair enough i thought it would have been more but i bet in the past 18 months nobody has needed banning. I still like coming here now and again but members that have "moved on" wolvessnooker147 and others have moved on to other forums but mainly social media outlets. I'm not the biggest fan of these social media sites but they do have some big advantages.

A great ally of this forum is Tapatalk anyone on here with a smart phone should have this, does everyone even know about it because it makes access even easier and you dont have to boot a computer up to post, so simple to use to.

You are spot on there mate, social media is basically taking over everything, I was a web designer for a while and a lot of companies don't even bother with websites any more as it is so much easier to interact through the likes of Facebook. The downside is if Facebook does not like something you can lose everything overnight and not have a leg to stand on, a friend of mine had a page with nearly half a million 'likes', it had been going for four years and Facebook deleted the lot with no explanation. We have had nearly 1 million posts on here over the past ten years and they are all still there as it does not feel right deleting them, it's like a massive searchable archive of Wolves over the past ten years. Tapatalk is fantastic and anyone that accesses the forum via a smartphone or tablet really should try it out, as it makes everything so much easier.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

mcdogs wrote:
Rich2086 wrote:

You are spot on there mate, social media is basically taking over everything, I was a web designer for a while and a lot of companies don't even bother with websites any more as it is so much easier to interact through the likes of Facebook. The downside is if Facebook does not like something you can lose everything overnight and not have a leg to stand on, a friend of mine had a page with nearly half a million 'likes', it had been going for four years and Facebook deleted the lot with no explanation. We have had nearly 1 million posts on here over the past ten years and they are all still there as it does not feel right deleting them, it's like a massive searchable archive of Wolves over the past ten years. Tapatalk is fantastic and anyone that accesses the forum via a smartphone or tablet really should try it out, as it makes everything so much easier.

I understand where you are coming from albeit, does it cost money to have such an extensive database - if yes then, surely some threads could/should be deleted. Why for example and it is just an example, Happy Birthday Mossie 2009 is it necessary to keep if it adds to the storage and costs money?

You could choose any Wolves player, past, current etc. and I bet there are at least 5-10 threads for each name - again, are they necessary, do they cost money to store, if yes, cull, if no, let them be.

I for one find it difficult to find old stuff via the search facility, probably my own fault for entering what I think was the thread title or name of poster etc. 10 years and 1 Million posts - that is some library, but who wants to read it all again?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:15 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I want someone to read it to me.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:17 pm 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

Left back wrote:

Once upon a time there was an official Wolves forum .......................

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:

link

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
mcdogs wrote:
Rich2086 wrote:

I understand where you are coming from albeit, does it cost money to have such an extensive database - if yes then, surely some threads could/should be deleted. Why for example and it is just an example, Happy Birthday Mossie 2009 is it necessary to keep if it adds to the storage and costs money?

You could choose any Wolves player, past, current etc. and I bet there are at least 5-10 threads for each name - again, are they necessary, do they cost money to store, if yes, cull, if no, let them be.

I for one find it difficult to find old stuff via the search facility, probably my own fault for entering what I think was the thread title or name of poster etc. 10 years and 1 Million posts - that is some library, but who wants to read it all again?

You never know when you might want to reply to one of the Vio Ganea threads

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rich2086 wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
mcdogs wrote:

You never know when you might want to reply to one of the Vio Ganea threads

Accepted, but you can always start a new one and if one already exists - one of our Mods will tell you. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Accepted, but you can always start a new one and if one already exists - one of our Mods will tell you. :wink:

:lol:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

I must admit Mossie that ive just skimmed through a few of the very old posts and it brought back some good memories, the amount of banter we all had was unreal, I cant believe it was so long ago, how time flies!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

Northampton_Wolf wrote:
I must admit Mossie that ive just skimmed through a few of the very old posts and it brought back some good memories, the amount of banter we all had was unreal, I cant believe it was so long ago, how time flies!

Yes, and many a handbags too. :lol:

Everything is history as will be this post by the time you read it. Does it change anything, of course not, just words on a computer screen.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:

Everything is history as will be this post by the time you read it. Does it change anything, of course not, just words on a computer screen.

Well actually this forum has, ive met and am still in regular contact with a couple of the original posters on here, one or two I consider very good friends. if they hadn't posted which of course is now consigned to history we wouldnt of met and had many a good day out since over the years!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:52 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Northampton_Wolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

Well actually this forum has, ive met and am still in regular contact with a couple of the original posters on here, one or two I consider very good friends. if they hadn't posted which of course is now consigned to history we wouldnt of met and had many a good day out since over the years!

I'll second that. I've met countless people through this forum, all great people. Managed to raise several thousand pounds for charity with them and still keep in touch with some good friends I've made here. This isn't just words on a computer, this forum is a lot more.....

Prediction League 2012-2013 Winner
World Cup 2014 Prediction League Winner

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

When was the last Wolf get together? I haven't been to one for nearly 10 years now at a guess, but of course, booking a flight, a hotel etc, is more complicated than getting a taxi. Last one I went to, Clocks and his GF, BRFC Midget, (not sure I got the title correct, but she is/was a great believer in God and Blackburn Rovers) and turned up in fishnet stockings and was happy to sit on my lap and show me where they connected to the suspenders. :lol:

Yeap, agree in lighter moments, on reflection that it is probably more than pure yellow letters on a black screen albeit, so many posters I shared a laugh and a drink with have moved on. Wendy came back briefly recently and sent me a PM and then - POOF, gone again. :wink:

You only live once, make the most of it.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
When was the last Wolf get together? I haven't been to one for nearly 10 years now at a guess, but of course, booking a flight, a hotel etc, is more complicated than getting a taxi. Last one I went to, Clocks and his GF, BRFC Midget, (not sure I got the title correct, but she is/was a great believer in God and Blackburn Rovers) and turned up in fishnet stockings and was happy to sit on my lap and show me where they connected to the suspenders. :lol:

Yeap, agree in lighter moments, on reflection that it is probably more than pure yellow letters on a black screen albeit, so many posters I shared a laugh and a drink with have moved on. Wendy came back briefly recently and sent me a PM and then - POOF, gone again. :wink:

Don't know when the last ones where as no doubt I didn't go to any of them, I only pop in every so often these days although I admit its a bit ore frequent the last month or so but I remember the first couple of meets and the large hangovers I had the next day! I believe at the meet your referring to lee (Brownhills) was there, we stayed in the same hotel, Stokie was there to, theres photos somewhere!

How times change,so much water has passed under the bridge im standing on since then!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fabio teks a shit, pitch-side.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Northampton_Wolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

Don't know when the last ones where as no doubt I didn't go to any of them, I only pop in every so often these days although I admit its a bit ore frequent the last month or so but I remember the first couple of meets and the large hangovers I had the next day! I believe at the meet your referring to lee (Brownhills) was there, we stayed in the same hotel, Stokie was there to, theres photos somewhere!

How times change,so much water has passed under the bridge im standing on since then!

No Jon, I think that that is a meet later, I met you and Wendy prior to a match versus Villa where we were 0-4 at half time. Few days later after agreeing to meet Stokie, I went all the way to Stoke (I had some business in Nottingham beforehand with a tobacco company) and when I got there, Stokie had turned his fookin mobile off and I couldn't contact him so I wasted a night in a Motel in fookin Stoke - how sad is that.

The night I had in Wolvo though is memorable (for me) - totally pissed - went to numerous night clubs on my own. Warwick, Gladback and their other friend who's name escapes me now was there at the meet and they all slept somehow in one hotel room - Warwick on the floor so I heard. Next day, they went for a Full English somewhere and Warwick (who should have gone home the night before) realises his ticket is at home and has to rush home to collect it.

Never met Stokie, Moli as they appeared at later meets.

Mark Twain

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Announcements