Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:52 am 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

Dunga wasn't half bad.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

You see that lad who has just returned to the Albion from Bristol City Jonathan Leko, well pre season Walsall asked about him.

Walsall would be looking to pay him a thousand a week.

Several clubs bid against each other, Bristol won, with 25k per week plus bonuses.

They aint doing it on the cheap Bristol.

Likewise Pompey and Kenny Jackett, they have had an influx of new cash, so can afford a Ronan from Wolves.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

And Deslandes

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

Just watching clips of this new lad Mir, he runs with that same gait as Derek Dougan, though he seems a much quicker version than the Doog.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:54 am 
Manager
Manager

The Burnley manager has been told to sign one or two black players this window.

How many minutes has a black player spent performing for Burnley this season?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

what difference does it make?

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:52 pm 
First XI
First XI

knocker knowles wrote:

They've outperformed expected goals (attacking and defending) so I expect them to gradually lose points and slide down closer to 10th place at the end of the season. Pending transfer window activity and adjustments.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Good question.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
whelp wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Good question.

best man for the job is the best man for the job.

its as simple as that.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:33 am 
Manager
Manager

]The Burnley manager has been told to sign one or two black players this window.

How many minutes has a black player spent performing for Burnley this season?[/quote]

what difference does it make?[/quote]

Good question.[/quote]

its as simple as that.[/quote]

Good answer, what do you think to the Rooney rule?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:41 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
]The Burnley manager has been told to sign one or two black players this window.

what difference does it make?[/quote]

Good question.[/quote]

its as simple as that.[/quote]

Good answer, what do you think to the Rooney rule?[/quote]

I'd divorce him

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

I disagree with it in principle, again the right candidates should be interviewed and hired.

i understand what they are trying to get at with the rule and as it has no final sway on the decision then by forcing extra interviews you are either wasting time or potentially finding a decent guy by accident.

as long as positive (and i use that term very loosely) racism doesn't become an issue, forcing teams to promote people based on heritage rather than suitability, then i have no major issue with it.

tough question.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

I don't believe for one moment race has in any way influenced Burnley's plays in the transfer market.

It seems it will from now on.

Isn't that racism ?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:17 am 
First XI
First XI

suiging wrote:
I don't believe for one moment race has in any way influenced Burnley's plays in the transfer market.

Isn't that racism ?

Nope.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:54 am 
Manager
Manager

MichiganWolf wrote:
suiging wrote:

Isn't that racism ?

Nope.

If the current squad were bought on merit, how is it not, if players arenas to be brought in purely based on their race ( colour immaterial ) ? ......Honest question ?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
MichiganWolf wrote:
suiging wrote:

Isn't that racism ?

Nope.

If the current squad were bought on merit, how is it not, if players arenas to be brought in purely based on their race ( colour immaterial ) ? ......Honest question ?

Its deemed in some quarters that you not only have to do the right thing but to be seen to be doing the right thing.
Even when its not the right thing.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I disagree with it in principle, again the right candidates should be interviewed and hired.

i understand what they are trying to get at with the rule and as it has no final sway on the decision then by forcing extra interviews you are either wasting time or potentially finding a decent guy by accident.

as long as positive (and i use that term very loosely) racism doesn't become an issue, forcing teams to promote people based on heritage rather than suitability, then i have no major issue with it.

tough question.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/12/graham-rix-gwyn-williams-accused-racism-bullying-chelsea

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/10/peter-beardsley-newcastle-united-gardening-leave-investigation

It's a step in the right direction. It's not just about finding the right person now, it's not about interviewing a BAME candidate if Gareth Southgate leaves after the World Cup next year. It's about ensuring that football has a culture where people of all ethnic backgrounds can work and progress.

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:31 am 
Manager
Manager

Rumour out of Everton that Wolves are very interested in a baller, not available till the summer. Hasn't figured under Sam.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:25 am 
Manager
Manager

Just looking down the list of players moving during this transfer window, theres hardly a good player moved as yet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

Nobody there who I think wish Wolves had signed him.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:02 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Coutinho and Van Dijk would of looked decent in old gold if we we're playing with monopoly money

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:59 am 
Manager
Manager

wolfie_01 wrote:
Coutinho and Van Dijk would of looked decent in old gold if we we're playing with monopoly money

Ricky Holmes to Sheffield United caught my eye.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:36 pm 
First XI
First XI

suiging wrote:
MichiganWolf wrote:
suiging wrote:

Isn't that racism ?

Nope.

Racism is about power. You’re thinking of prejudice. Which is different from racism.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ahh yes the "Power" thing. Heard that first in a lecture by a young Indian Communist (self-described and proud of it) at Birmingham Uni many years ago on a Social Work course. Didn't believe it then either.

If I said I hated Inuits. What would be the power context ?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:40 am 
First XI
First XI

suiging wrote:
Ahh yes the "Power" thing. Heard that first in a lecture by a young Indian Communist (self-described and proud of it) at Birmingham Uni many years ago on a Social Work course. Didn't believe it then either.

If you can’t see the power dynamic between you and a member of a marginalized foreign population, it’s not really worth having the discussion, is it?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:28 am 
Manager
Manager

MichiganWolf wrote:
suiging wrote:

If you can’t see the power dynamic between you and a member of a marginalized foreign population, it’s not really worth having the discussion, is it?

No it's not.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:51 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Had a module on black and Female player moving into coaching and is positive discrimination.

Big part of the problem is the amount of black, asian and female players or just people doing the quilifcations is tiny and so is the amount applying for jobs.

My view isn't that the isn't a problem in people being rasict and not giving them an interview because they are black. But because they aren't them many in the first place qualified.

I find the whole module tedious and all the lectures and guest speakers where clearly trying to force there opinion of going with "positive discrimination".

The one speaker even said he's only got his job because he's Asian, fits a quote and wasn't really qualified for the job at the start.

What's wrong with giving the job to the most deserving person? Because I'm already seeing people from my class get jobs not because of the ability or work rate. But race and disability. A BAM candidate, who is disabled, no experience coaching, no badges and can barely coach a group of university students has managed to get a paid coaching job at a premiership academy. I applied for the same job, 3 years coaching experience, FA level 2 license and almost a seasons volunteering at a professional academy, spending every weekend and a couple in the week aswell, coaching, analysing games and even helped out with the first team.

Discrimination is racist. Even if you put the word positive in front of it. Stop with Quoters and tick lists. Rant over.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

Dan G WWFC wrote:
Had a module on black and Female player moving into coaching and is positive discrimination.

Big part of the problem is the amount of black, asian and female players or just people doing the quilifcations is tiny and so is the amount applying for jobs.

My view isn't that the isn't a problem in people being rasict and not giving them an interview because they are black. But because they aren't them many in the first place qualified.

I find the whole module tedious and all the lectures and guest speakers where clearly trying to force there opinion of going with "positive discrimination".

The one speaker even said he's only got his job because he's Asian, fits a quote and wasn't really qualified for the job at the start.

What's wrong with giving the job to the most deserving person? Because I'm already seeing people from my class get jobs not because of the ability or work rate. But race and disability. A BAM candidate, who is disabled, no experience coaching, no badges and can barely coach a group of university students has managed to get a paid coaching job at a premiership academy. I applied for the same job, 3 years coaching experience, FA level 2 license and almost a seasons volunteering at a professional academy, spending every weekend and a couple in the week aswell, coaching, analysing games and even helped out with the first team.

Discrimination is racist. Even if you put the word positive in front of it. Stop with Quoters and tick lists. Rant over.

This is the key part - BAME candidates aren't getting into the system. The Rooney Rule is designed to give the wrong person to job now, it's to ensure that there are pathways open to people of all backgrounds. Then you get more BAME candidates with the qualifications, and they get employed on their own merits.

The Rooney Rule isn't positive discrimination, there are no quotas. It has doesn't impact the hiring, just ensures that people of different backgrounds get interviews

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:45 am 
Manager
Manager

Walsall signed a player on loan from Brentford yesterday, a better player went from Everton to Northampton.

You really make it more difficult than it should be Walsall recruitment team. Get smarter.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Walsall signed a player on loan from Brentford yesterday, a better player went from Everton to Northampton.

You really make it more difficult than it should be Walsall recruitment team. Get smarter.

Walsall will go down this season

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:13 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Walsall will go down this season

Agree that its a possibility, anything below Fleetwood should be aware of their chances of survival.

True tests of management as they come under pressure.

You can usually tell how they are coping by what they say to the media.

Note Mick at Ipswich at the moment.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat