Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Share On:

Post subject: Just how arrogant...
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

just how arrogant are some of the modern footballers. Gone are the days when a manger made a decision and players accepted it or left.

Yaya Toure (who incidentally I have never rated s highly as he himself does, or many City fans and commentators) first threw toys out of the pram cos his manager disrespected him by not giving him a birthday cake, and NOW he is throwing grenades about Guardiola being racist (despite being happy to follow him from one club to another) just because Guardiola did not pick him as often as he thought he should.... (Is that the same Guardiola who has just win the Prem by zillions and made everyone else look poor???)

Toure has sat there taking home more EVERY WEEK for not playing as much as the average wage earner earns in EIGHT YEARS and he has the temerity to bleat.

Absolutely pathetic. I hope he NEVER gets a coaching or manager job, and we can hear reported endlessly that he has been overlooked because of his race.

I am absolutely totally committed to anti-racism in all aspects of life, and to equality of opportunity for all, but this arrogance stinks.

PLEASE can some top players come out and condemn the comments????

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Just how arrogant...
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:55 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
just how arrogant are some of the modern footballers. Gone are the days when a manger made a decision and players accepted it or left.

Yaya Toure (who incidentally I have never rated s highly as he himself does, or many City fans and commentators) first threw toys out of the pram cos his manager disrespected him by not giving him a birthday cake, and NOW he is throwing grenades about Guardiola being racist (despite being happy to follow him from one club to another) just because Guardiola did not pick him as often as he thought he should.... (Is that the same Guardiola who has just win the Prem by zillions and made everyone else look poor???)

Toure has sat there taking home more EVERY WEEK for not playing as much as the average wage earner earns in EIGHT YEARS and he has the temerity to bleat.

Absolutely pathetic. I hope he NEVER gets a coaching or manager job, and we can hear reported endlessly that he has been overlooked because of his race.

I am absolutely totally committed to anti-racism in all aspects of life, and to equality of opportunity for all, but this arrogance stinks.

PLEASE can some top players come out and condemn the comments????

Indeed. One of the richest self-proclaimed victims in the world.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:25 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Even his Butler was upset apparently.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:09 am 
Manager
Manager

So if I'm getting this correct, because Toure is paid a vast sum of money he shouldn't complain if he feels he is being racially discriminated against?

Toure didn't follow Guardiola anywhere, he was already at both Barcelona and Manchester City when Guardiola was appointed. Guardiola effectively got rid of Toure at both clubs. I have absolutely no idea whether race played a part or not. But I do think that in the light of what's happened in the past couple of years (particularly #MeToo, Barry Bennell even the racism directed towards two of our own in Romain Saiss and Morgan Gibbs-White), people need to be careful before castigating the potential victims

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:25 am 
Manager
Manager

toomb wrote:
So if I'm getting this correct, because Toure is paid a vast sum of money he shouldn't complain if he feels he is being racially discriminated against?

Toure didn't follow Guardiola anywhere, he was already at both Barcelona and Manchester City when Guardiola was appointed. Guardiola effectively got rid of Toure at both clubs. I have absolutely no idea whether race played a part or not. But I do think that in the light of what's happened in the past couple of years (particularly #MeToo, Barry Bennell even the racism directed towards two of our own in Romain Saiss and Morgan Gibbs-White), people need to be careful before castigating the potential victims

Good point.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:02 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I do think you make a good point Toomb and obviously we don't know the circumstances without being part of it and therefore shouldn't judge. However, I think we have to be careful both ways. I was involved in many employment disciplinary cases and there were certainly people around who claimed victimisation/discrimination when the evidence suggested that their own actions/performance were the issue.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:14 am 
Manager
Manager

There is an attitude within football no matter what Pele says that an African nation will never win a World Cup and its got nothing to do with talent.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:52 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
There is an attitude within football no matter what Pele says that an African nation will never win a World Cup and its got nothing to do with talent.

I'm not sure I understand what you are alluding to.

So its not that they are not good enough then , or that football at the highjest levels is not just about physical prowess (thank god) no matter how much FIFA try to make iit so?

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat