Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:57 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

What a shame for such an honourable club and man as Burton & Clough.

They don't deserve the flak the will surely fly, but should hold heads high. They have done fantastically well to earn the right to play one of the best half dozen sides in the world - who paid them the compliment of playing a virtually full side (eat your heart out Jurgen!).

OK - nine sounds a bit of a drubbing, but only conceding once every 10 minutes or so is pretty good against that lot!

So well done Burton - you've done Staffordshire proud. Hope they get a great reception in the home leg.

Now let's hope the pride of Shropshire smash the 'miserable lot' from North Staffs so we can renew acquaintance with Dernjerus in the 4th Round....

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
What a shame for such an honourable club and man as Burton & Clough.

They don't deserve the flak the will surely fly, but should hold heads high. They have done fantastically well to earn the right to play one of the best half dozen sides in the world - who paid them the compliment of playing a virtually full side (eat your heart out Jurgen!).

OK - nine sounds a bit of a drubbing, but only conceding once every 10 minutes or so is pretty good against that lot!

So well done Burton - you've done Staffordshire proud. Hope they get a great reception in the home leg.

Now let's hope the pride of Shropshire smash the 'miserable lot' from North Staffs so we can renew acquaintance with Dernjerus in the 4th Round....

Well said that man.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Its important you face Man City with a smart tactical plan else they can take any side for six or more. The surprise is they don't do it more often.

A major strength and this is what Pep brings to the table is creating a suffocation of space in the central third of the pitch, taking away your time on the ball.

Wolves in this respect have to be very careful of not falling into the same traps as Burton.

YOU CANT PLAY SHORT PASSES BETWEEN TEAM MATES IN MIDFIELD IN FRONT OF THEM.

They will mug you time and again and have the advantage on transition of going either side.
Against a back three that could be carnage more so than attacking a four.

To combat City you have to play off five or more lines plus break their lines by going past them in one on one situations.
That and the quick diagonal out wide to turn them so you can support the play.

The positioning of Jota will be important for Wolves because there will be very few out balls.

Play longer than you would against most teams then use your legs in support of your player on the ball.

Interesting to see how Nuno goes about this Monday night.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:36 pm 
YTS

I confess an interest here. My daughter has been with her boyfriend since they were 15. He is a Burton lad andworked his way from school team to their youth set up then been out on loan to the Conference.
Last night he came on to play at the Etihad against the Champions in the semi final of a significant Cup competition. I was sorry about the score but felt really moved to see him on that stage after all his effort over the years. He didn't see much of the ball but he did crunch Mahrez!!!
Well done to him and to Burton for just getting there.
Says something about football soul for such things to still happen

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:54 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

raggedwolf wrote:
I confess an interest here. My daughter has been with her boyfriend since they were 15. He is a Burton lad andworked his way from school team to their youth set up then been out on loan to the Conference.
Last night he came on to play at the Etihad against the Champions in the semi final of a significant Cup competition. I was sorry about the score but felt really moved to see him on that stage after all his effort over the years. He didn't see much of the ball but he did crunch Mahrez!!!
Well done to him and to Burton for just getting there.
Says something about football soul for such things to still happen

You bastard.

Sincerely yours.

Mr Mahrez senior.

Seriously though the only people who could sneer at the results their opinions aint worth shit anyway. I suppose the only fans who could justify cocking a snook at the Burton fans would be the Scunthorpe fans :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:14 am 
Manager
Manager

I guess its how our minds compute events and information.

My mind never thinks about any football result as humiliation.

I just see any one of three results being possible, you play the game then move on to the next fixture.
Never dwelling on whats gone just focus on getting the best possible result in the future.

Its all about what Burton can achieve the next time they step on to the grass.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

I just see any one of three results being possible, you play the game then move on to the next fixture.
Never dwelling on whats gone just focus on getting the best possible result in the future.

After losing 1-5 at home to the stripeys you were able to move on to the next fixture and not dwell on it or view it as humiliation? Seriously?

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:35 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

After losing 1-5 at home to the stripeys you were able to move on to the next fixture and not dwell on it or view it as humiliation? Seriously?

That's a fair point, I guess four or five results hurt for a lifetime.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat