Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Share On:

Post subject: Idiot Fans
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:03 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

The guy who assaulted Jack Grealish gets 14 weeks imprisonment, and 10 year ban from all football matches. How is that policed? Not at all, I suspect.

Jail term not long enough. He will still be lauded by his idiot mates as a 'hero'.

Three times in one weekend a player has been assaulted by an invading fan. The punishments MUST be much more draconian, before someone gets really hurt. It may seem harsh, but 'pour encourager des autres...'

And what can we do about the idiots who scream obscenities about refs and opposition players in the ear of children, middle aged women amongst others? One behind me yesterday only had one noun in his vocabulary, and the began with a 'c'. I offered him a thesaurus, but questioned if he would know which way up to hold it. He looked bemused; quietened down for 10 minutes, and then resumed the mindless tirade. If stewards refuse to deal with this, fans will simply start turning away.

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Idiot Fans
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:20 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
The guy who assaulted Jack Grealish gets 14 weeks imprisonment, and 10 year ban from all football matches. How is that policed? Not at all, I suspect.

Jail term not long enough. He will still be lauded by his idiot mates as a 'hero'.

Three times in one weekend a player has been assaulted by an invading fan. The punishments MUST be much more draconian, before someone gets really hurt. It may seem harsh, but 'pour encourager des autres...'

And what can we do about the idiots who scream obscenities about refs and opposition players in the ear of children, middle aged women amongst others? One behind me yesterday only had one noun in his vocabulary, and the began with a 'c'. I offered him a thesaurus, but questioned if he would know which way up to hold it. He looked bemused; quietened down for 10 minutes, and then resumed the mindless tirade. If stewards refuse to deal with this, fans will simply start turning away.

In a couple of months time when this government make obsolete jail sentences of 6 months or less this arsehole would not have been jailed at all.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:24 pm 

In which case, it shows even more why this is too lenient a sentence.

He did what he did in full view of the nation's cameras, watching youngsters, millions of armchair fans, etc etc. He chose to do it. He wanted his 15 minutes of 'fame'. He got it.

He now needs several months to sit and reflect on his actions.

We MUST deter other mindless yobs, not let them think that ruining tens of thousands of other people's afternoon is just 'a bit of a lark', and just merits a 'bit of a telling off'.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:10 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

You've probably seen my post in the Chelsea match day sticky so I won't go over it all again. But, too often I'm encountering brainless yobs with no respect for anybody or anything and
With my 11 year old lad beside me, it's a bigger issue for me than maybe some other fans.

There seems to be an acceptance that yobbish behaviour is 'to be expected' at football.... Why? It's not tolerated in other sports.

It should be said I've had some great days following Wolves. Bristol City last season was my lad's first away game and it was magnificent. We were lucky enough to be amongst fans who were loud and passionate without crossing the line that day, but it's becoming more frequent that we're having our day tarnished by anti social behavior.

Football as a whole needs to sort this problem out before people start walking away. I work with quite a few people who go to watch rugby and it really pisses me off how they look down their nose at me when I tell them I take my lad to the football. But I see and hear things like I did yesterday or at Shrewsbury and it's hard to put up an argument that it's not a chavs paradise.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:50 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

lankywolf wrote:
You've probably seen my post in the Chelsea match day sticky so I won't go over it all again. But, too often I'm encountering brainless yobs with no respect for anybody or anything and
With my 11 year old lad beside me, it's a bigger issue for me than maybe some other fans.

There seems to be an acceptance that yobbish behaviour is 'to be expected' at football.... Why? It's not tolerated in other sports.

It should be said I've had some great days following Wolves. Bristol City last season was my lad's first away game and it was magnificent. We were lucky enough to be amongst fans who were loud and passionate without crossing the line that day, but it's becoming more frequent that we're having our day tarnished by anti social behavior.

Football as a whole needs to sort this problem out before people start walking away. I work with quite a few people who go to watch rugby and it really pisses me off how they look down their nose at me when I tell them I take my lad to the football. But I see and hear things like I did yesterday or at Shrewsbury and it's hard to put up an argument that it's not a chavs paradise.

I read your post lanky with an enduring sense of disgust at the fuckwits that follow football, the braindead morons who top up on beer and sniff to enhance their sporting experience :roll:

What is more upsetting is that these knobbers are the core support of Wolves now because to get a ticket to a game like Chelsea away you either have to be an away and or a home STH, or have built up the requisite attendances to get one!

I have walked away from football now mate, people ask me now that I am retired if I fancied being a steward, fuck my old boots I cry I saw enough of twats like that for a quarter of a century, I doe wanna volunteer to meet more on um!!

I posted on here several years ago about visiting Leicester City's ground with my mate and his lad when we got promoted in 2004 season. We were surrounded by the gurning fucktards you speak of so it is not new. One of them actually told us that we were in the wrong bringing kids to football, I said to him who will be the fans of the future mate when you lot eventually grow up and fuck off?? No answer.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:00 pm 

But do we just allow them to win??

I can understand your frustrations (and share them!). I did not face the mindless folk to the same extent, but did in education meet some youngsters with outrageous attitudes ... which all become clear when I met the parents....

It is NOT the young who are the trouble, but the underclass middle-aged who have no understanding of society, or what it means to show respect to ALL, regardless of colour, creed, background, etc etc.

But I refuse to give in. When I turned and challenged the 30+ year old idiot on Sunday, my late 20s son urged me to let it drop. I think he was worried of the consequences. But if EVERYONE is worried of the consequences, and does not challenge the behaviour, it will only get worse.

The English are a horrid, bellicose lot. That is how we built a successful empire! We are a nation that seems to believe that a 'good time' can only be viewed through the bottom of a glass. It is endemic. When will the media stop asking the question - on winning anything - that ASSUMES you will be going off to get pissed?

I despair. but I won't give in!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

People entering the field of play and assaulting players should be jailed immediately for five years. No job, tough on their family, if they have any, but, you know the rules before you start, trespassing the field of play is forbidden ( although the pitch invasions after a title winning etc would probably have to be included in any new rulings). Have to be harsh to eradicate this pitiful thuggery.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:30 am 
Manager
Manager

Why not just go to football matches to watch football.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:21 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Why not just go to football matches to watch football.

Novel idea but it will never catch on ...

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat