Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:23 am 
Manager
Manager

Johnson has been finding the net a lot of late. I have got tickets for Man City v Gladbach, so am looking forward to that game a lot.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:06 am 
Manager
Manager

I've been impressed by Andreas Christensen so far this season, looks very strong and assured and can see him making the Premier league next season.
I didn't catch the match at the weekend but it seems he struggled a little against the Hoffenheim youngster.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

Christensen started the season a bit wobbly, not surprising as Gladbach lost their first 5 games on the bounce but since the new coach has taken over, he has blossomed a lot. Is strong and plays the ball out of defence very well and also has the odd mazy dribble through the opposition now and then. If Mourinho has any sense, he will recall him back to Chelsea in the summer.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:13 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Marcell Jansen. I don't know if anybody has touch on this before.

But retired because Hamburg released him age 29 and he Won't play for another team"

I keep seeing people saying how great that is, how loyal.

I think it's bloody stupid and he is just being a cry baby.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:39 am 
Manager
Manager

Dan G WWFC wrote:
Marcell Jansen. I don't know if anybody has touch on this before.

But retired because Hamburg released him age 29 and he Won't play for another team"

I keep seeing people saying how great that is, how loyal.

I think it's bloody stupid and he is just being a cry baby.

Smart thinking, he had already sorted out a long term role in the Hamburg community.

Its a bit like Bully.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Key player at Gladbach imo is Lars Stindl. He was Hannover's standout player for many years, a good Lampard type midfielder who could easily fit in the PL.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:40 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Key player at Gladbach imo is Lars Stindl. He was Hannover's standout player for many years, a good Lampard type midfielder who could easily fit in the PL.

I always look at Gladbach and think they learnt valuable lessons post Gunter Netzer, the ability to share the load rather than have a superstar..

good player Lars Stindl perfect for somewhere like West Ham.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:12 am 
Manager
Manager

Stindl has settled in well at Gladbach and is a Lampard type of player, always looking for a shot and his partnership with Raffael has been one of the main reasons for the Gladbach re-emergence after their dreadful start. Both of them are not out and out strikers but midfielders who run from deep and cause consternation for the opposition back four. As Gladbach do not line up with a recognised striker, these two float about and have free licence to do their own thing. Granit Xhaka has been a revelation in midfield too, tigerish tackling and great diagonal through balls, but he is always a red card in the waiting, he is that aggressive. The best player at Gladbach is Patrick Herrmann, sadly injured so far this season with only a couple or three appearances.The full backs Korb and Wendt have also contributed a lot going forward, so I hope that at Man City next Tuesday that they can show their class and style and give City a good game. Main thing is not to concede early, otherwise City could run riot.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:48 am 
Manager
Manager

Here's a nice piece I was reading yesterday.

Bottom of the table just a few months ago, Borussia Mönchengladbach are back to their best and ready to cause problems when they take on FC Bayern München this Saturday.

Ahead of the top-of-the-table clash, bundesliga.com spoke to Gladbach's sporting director Max Eberl about Gladbach's astonishing turnaround, new arrivals and how to beat Bayern.

Question: Max Eberl, Gladbach sit fourth in the table, just three places behind Saturday's opponents Bayern. Would that have seemed impossible ten weeks ago?

Max Eberl: I didn't think it was possible for us to lose all of our opening five games. I didn't think it was possible that Lucien Favre would so suddenly hand in his resignation. And no, I didn't think it was possible that, just ten weeks later, we would be playing Bayern as rivals at the top of the table. But in football, everything is possible. That's what we're seeing at the moment.

http://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bunde ... enchen.jsp

Post Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Full Time at Borussia Park:

Gladbach 3 Bayern 1.

Blimey. All goals scored in the second half.

Wendt, Stindl and Johnson for BMG, Ribery with a late consolation for Bayern.

Hope that BMG have left something in the tank for Man City away on Tuesday..

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Match report on Gladbach v Bayern:

http://www.borussia.de/english/team/new ... daadaff420

Gladbach started with three 19 year olds in the side. Bayern could have been 3 up by HT but the second half saw Gladbach counter effectively and pick Bayern off.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:04 am 
Manager
Manager

You can watch the games highlights on ITV4 at 23-15 Monday evening along with the rest of the goals in the Bundesliga from this weekend.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:57 am 
Manager
Manager

I am off up to Manchester this morning by train, to meet up with some Gladbach fans and enjoy a few wetties. Hope to see a good, competitive game and some goals. Even if they lose, as long as Juventus do not lose either, Gladbach would then be in the Europa League in Feb / March.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:41 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
I am off up to Manchester this morning by train, to meet up with some Gladbach fans and enjoy a few wetties. Hope to see a good, competitive game and some goals. Even if they lose, as long as Juventus do not lose either, Gladbach would then be in the Europa League in Feb / March.

Looks to me as though the lack of energy caught up with BMG around the hour mark, that and some exceptional individual quality from Man City which turned the match on its head.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Looks to me as though the lack of energy caught up with BMG around the hour mark, that and some exceptional individual quality from Man City which turned the match on its head.

Yes spot on that KK, were in control at the end of the first half and then gradually got pushed back too deep and the last ten minutes they were standing like a drunk. The subs Navas and Bony did the trick for City, running and harassing some tired legs. A sad end as now not in Europe at all but a great day or so amongst some excellent away supporters at the ground and in the city cente pubs.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

Match report in English from official website:

http://www.borussia.de/english/team/new ... 64095b28d2

there were more than 3000 there, myself and pockets of other away fans were all around the stadium... 8)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:37 am 
Manager
Manager

I was surprised Dortmund were beaten at home, yet it was understandable with Adrian Ramos playing as the lone striker.

Adnan Januzaj, Shinji Kagawa and Marco Reus playing as the three behind the striker on their day are as good as it gets in the Europa League.

Roma look a good well balanced side this season, worth noting Michal Zyro didn't figure for Legia against them last night.
Bullet dodged.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:43 am 
Manager
Manager

A week is a long time in politics and also football.

A week ago: Gladbach 3 Bayern Munich 1.

Midweek: Man City 4 Gladbach 2.

Saturday evening; Leverkusen 5 Gladbach 0.

Who would be a football fan..??

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:24 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:

Yet for me they still come out of this past week or so with enormous credit.

The only concerns as a coach that I can see is how do you improve recovery levels, or how do you best use your substitutes to retain a high level of energetic performance.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:17 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Yet for me they still come out of this past week or so with enormous credit.

The only concerns as a coach that I can see is how do you improve recovery levels, or how do you best use your substitutes to retain a high level of energetic performance.

The Winter Break is starting after Saturdays home game v Darmstadt, so a six week break will hopefully rekindle their energy, as their game is a high octane pressing game that does, over time and with a few injuries, drain the batteries. At home tonight in the Cup v Bremen, so a win will calm things down.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:51 am 
Manager
Manager

I watched some of the Borussia M.Gladbach vs Werder Bremen game last night, Gladbach were very unfortunate.
Hit the inside of the post one minute, the next Bremen go down the other end and gain an advantage.

Lots of goals at the moment, maybe to many.

Marcel Heller Darmstadt at the weekend, he's capable when he has his head on, a modern day Paul Walsh who on a bad day is more Bradley Walsh.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I watched some of the Borussia M.Gladbach vs Werder Bremen game last night, Gladbach were very unfortunate.
Hit the inside of the post one minute, the next Bremen go down the other end and gain an advantage.

Lots of goals at the moment, maybe to many.

Marcel Heller Darmstadt at the weekend, he's capable when he has his head on, a modern day Paul Walsh who on a bad day is more Bradley Walsh.

Heller scored one and assisted with the other but Darmstadt lost 3-2 to Gladbach, who had ten men before half time as yet again, Granit Xhaka showed his immaturity and indiscipline by getting his second red card of the season. Crowd was 53,612.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:27 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I was surprised Dortmund were beaten at home, yet it was understandable with Adrian Ramos playing as the lone striker.

Adnan Januzaj, Shinji Kagawa and Marco Reus playing as the three behind the striker on their day are as good as it gets in the Europa League.

Roma look a good well balanced side this season, worth noting Michal Zyro didn't figure for Legia against them last night.
Bullet dodged.

Spoke to soon. Back in apparently. 350k

Post Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:32 am 
Manager
Manager

Dan G WWFC wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Bullet dodged.

Spoke to soon. Back in apparently. 350k

He's one I know very little about, so its just a warm welcome and good luck.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Its unusual for a national coach of Germany to get his selection all wrong.

Emre Can international quality, are you fuckin jokin.

If Germany continue as they are at present it opens up opportunities for France and England this summer. It really does.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:44 am 
Manager
Manager

As the tactics have evolved over these past few seasons with full backs playing off the same line as the holding midfield player.
Wih the centre backs now spread apart.

Coaches now as in the Liverpool vs Dortmund game are working on exploiting that extra space to the sides of the centre back. The outside shoulder.

Both German coaches were trying to get players on the ball in forward midfield positions through the centre.

From that position they were looking for a diagonal ball inside and behind the centre back into the vacant space.
This also changes the starting positions of the strikers with more out to in movement at high speed.

Coaches trying to be one step ahead of the game.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:04 pm 
First XI
First XI

knocker knowles wrote:

Some Americans would probably disagree as nobody seems happy about Jurgen Klinsmann's selections over here :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:23 am 
Manager
Manager

MichiganWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Some Americans would probably disagree as nobody seems happy about Jurgen Klinsmann's selections over here :lol:

I always think of Klinsmann as more Californian than the Beach Boys.

In a country infatuated by numbers and statistics with players playing in differing standards all around the world your going to get some massive margins in technical detail.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:40 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Could wolves play football like Bayern?

Or atleast use some of the properties?

Lee Evans in the Xabi Alonso role?

Doherty as an inverted fullback can get Graham in one on one situations.

How pepe gets his teams to play is how I would think of playing, in the shower, writing on the walks trying to think of ways to play.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:12 am 
Manager
Manager

Dan G WWFC wrote:
Could wolves play football like Bayern?

Or atleast use some of the properties?

Lee Evans in the Xabi Alonso role?

Doherty as an inverted fullback can get Graham in one on one situations.

How pepe gets his teams to play is how I would think of playing, in the shower, writing on the walks trying to think of ways to play.
Attachment:
jackett plan.jpg
jackett plan.jpg [ 34.06 KiB | Viewed 4930 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat