Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:45 am 
Manager
Manager

Pass of the weekend, the assist from Saido Berahino into Jese.

Goal of the week Charltons first yesterday, lots of skillz.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nathaniel Chalboah was at Chelsea since the age of 10, originally with Fulham, they developed him over the years, but never played him regularly, they sold him this summer for £5m.
Now he will play for England, and may well go to the next world cup.
Chelsea are looking to now spend £35-40m on the Ox, paying him £150k a week...Bonkers

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:12 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Nathaniel Chalboah was at Chelsea since the age of 10, originally with Fulham, they developed him over the years, but never played him regularly, they sold him this summer for £5m.
Chelsea are looking to now spend £35-40m on the Ox, paying him £150k a week...Bonkers

Different players. Oxlade-Chamberlain ticks a lot of boxes for Chelsea this summer, in the way that Chalobah wouldn't

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Albion have made some good signings this window..

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:59 am 
Manager
Manager

toomb wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

Different players. Oxlade-Chamberlain ticks a lot of boxes for Chelsea this summer, in the way that Chalobah wouldn't

Never thought much of the OX before last season, but he seemed to have a lightbulb moment and suddenly took the game and his role seriously.

I thought he was right to turn down the chance of playing wing back at Chelsea and could develop as one of Englands finest while playing central midfield at Liverpool.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

Arsenal at 22:00 are in profit for this window :shock:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:14 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Albion have made some good signings this window..

Albion are paying about 75k towards the Polish lads wages, per week.

And Tony Pulis aint got a clue how to use him. Work that one out.

Wolves gain promotion, good chance he signs for us next season.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:27 am 
Manager
Manager

Trying to review the moment you thought Wolves had to find another formula when playing football.

Maybe 1970.

Thats a long time to wait until 2017.

So this season has to be cherished, and the ones that follow.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:22 am 
Manager
Manager

Watching MOTD, it was good to see Denis Law at the Huddersfield vs Man Utd game.

Penny for his thoughts he must have traveled through time yesterday.

One of the greats.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Whats buggin me at the moment is Englands tendency to go overboard with the youth sides success at all age groups.

I still think there is a glaring weakness and its based around individual ingenuity.

The Brazilian side, the German side, the Spanish side that England play today are working it out in the moment.
Working off each others ingenuity, England look to me to be pre programmed, to much of a template.

Ok they have three or four World class talents who are capable of moments of spontaneous magic.

But these other nations have maybe eight in their first elevens with that characteristic.

Anyway, Spain to run out comfortable winners against England at under 17 level.

3-0 or 3-1.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:30 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Whats buggin me at the moment is Englands tendency to go overboard with the youth sides success at all age groups.

I still think there is a glaring weakness and its based around individual ingenuity.

The Brazilian side, the German side, the Spanish side that England play today are working it out in the moment.
Working off each others ingenuity, England look to me to be pre programmed, to much of a template.

Ok they have three or four World class talents who are capable of moments of spontaneous magic.

But these other nations have maybe eight in their first elevens with that characteristic.

Anyway, Spain to run out comfortable winners against England at under 17 level.

3-0 or 3-1.

5-2 to England. Looks like the robots beat the talent. Lots of freedom of expression on display from what I saw of England as well as ability, discipline and fitness (I only watched the second half). Good to see Morgan Gibbs-White score as well.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:10 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

I watched the whole game.
I thought the big strong fast players wore white,the better skilled players wore red.
Spain tired and England took advantage,well done England.
The Spanish defenders couldn't cope with the pace and power of Huson-something.
Well done on your well taken goal,MGWhite.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:59 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

:lol: Hudson-Odoi, who is a little too selfish for my liking.

I think this is the least robotic England side I've ever seen (I get what KK is saying though), Gibbs-White has been outstanding and should be in Nuno's thoughts as soon as he gets back

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:52 am 
Manager
Manager

I thought England opened well, confident and on the front foot.

Then Spain started getting their heads up and started passing through the lines with authority, finding angles from which to punish England.

And for half an hour they did, taking the lead and maybe thinking they would take control of the game.

But this England side were a little better than many of us had imagined, through good skills they started making progress down both flanks.

Spain fearful of the speed out wide tried to buy a few defensive yards but this just helped England gain ascendancy through very assured passing.

England didn't make past mistakes as in previous years of over committing apart from the Captain at centre back, who required railing in.

Great patience, good method, absolute belief in each others skill set plus the mercurial Phil Foden.

This result will further boost the Academy system in England and there will be hell to pay if these youngsters are denied a pathway into Premier league Football.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well done England, and in particular well done MGW. I watched a few games during the tournament, and thought England were excellent. I'm pleased MGW played as much as he did, and got his goals in the QF and final, even if he wasn't playing in his normal position. I did think at times they would have been better dropping MGW back into his favoured CM role, and bringing Foden in from the left, but what do I know?!

For balance, the previous winners of the U17 golden boot:

It's a great achievement, but I do think that U17 is a stage too early to really mean anything

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:42 am 
Manager
Manager

The caged urban footballer developed in London is certainly starting to make a huge impact.

Bit like Urban Basketball development in New York or Chicago.

Back to the streets, unrestricted.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:53 am 
Manager
Manager

As you say, KK there will be hell to play if some of these lads do not find a path into regular first team football in the PL. But they will not get those opportunities, the PL is not a breeding ground for young up and coming players, managers cannot wait for them as they get the sack after four or five straight losses. So, a loan or transfer out to a Championship side or, even better, a move abroad to further learn by getting regular games. These lads may well play for the full England team in time but it will not be in the PL that they achieve this.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
As you say, KK there will be hell to play if some of these lads do not find a path into regular first team football in the PL. But they will not get those opportunities, the PL is not a breeding ground for young up and coming players, managers cannot wait for them as they get the sack after four or five straight losses. So, a loan or transfer out to a Championship side or, even better, a move abroad to further learn by getting regular games. These lads may well play for the full England team in time but it will not be in the PL that they achieve this.

More English players should have the nerve to go and do a few years abroad. Their game would improve no end.

generally speaking of course

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:12 am 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

More English players should have the nerve to go and do a few years abroad. Their game would improve no end.

generally speaking of course

This is where I hope Nuno uses his Portuguese links having assessed his own younger players during his first six months at the club.

A six month loan for Ronan to Rio Avenue in Portugal could reap long term benefits for Wolves.
Why not send Herc as well as a housemate as they learn a more technical game of football.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:23 am 
Manager
Manager

Just thinking about Everton for a moment.

Has anyone been less professional than Ashley Williams both in attitude and also in not knowing the levels of his own ability.

Wouldn't you as a new coach be using such players as an example of what the club will never stand for.

First bloke in a bomb squad, heres the start, heres lookin at you Wayne Rooney want to join him.

Forget the coaching for a moment, get the mentality right.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:03 am 
Manager
Manager

So why didn't he come on?

When I posted about Wolves giving absolutely everything and not being in second gear this was my thought pattern.

I thought by half time Wolves had five players pretty much spent energy wise, the 72 hours just hadn't been enough time to recharge.

Especially in those front five positions, wing backs and front three.

You could see the Fulham high line being broken effortlessly yet Wolves players couldn't consistently make thirty yard breaks forward at speed.

So the ball would go to the most forward player down the side and often come all the way back and be recycled.
It was tactically the right thing to do, you had to stop Fulham penning you in your own half, so you had to at least show them a threat.
Occasionally Wolves did go forward without checking their position on the field.

But the key was not just being able to make that forward run but also make recovery runs should the opposition get on the ball.

Nuno at 2-0 would have talked about remaining compact against a good footballing team especially when your empty on gas.

I think thats where this second gear theory comes from, but is that not accepting these players had very little energy to offer.

Helder Costa. Why wasn't he used?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:59 am 
Manager
Manager

Wenger on being asked by FA to explain his comments about referees: "I maintain what I said in the press conference 100 percent, and I have nothing to change in that. ... I try to serve this game with honesty and integrity and when I have something to say I will say it."

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:16 am 
Manager
Manager

Alexis Sanchez good signing or complete waste of money.

I go waste of money, plays for himself not the team and wouldn't go anywhere near his sort.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:21 am 
Manager
Manager

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang . Reminds me of a 1980's Elton John, wouldn't go anywhere near him.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:56 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang . Reminds me of a 1980's Elton John, wouldn't go anywhere near him.

It shows how much Arsenal's transfer policy has changed. As good a pure striker as there is in the world, but bit of a trouble maker

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:45 am 
Manager
Manager

SUNDERLAND.

Under Ellis Short.
Total losses £173 million in 8 seasons. £28 million paid in loan interest, some very fat cat directors. Doesn't look appealing even if sold for £1 as is rumoured asking price.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

Just looking at the West Ham finances

The Golds and Sullivan charge 6% interest on loans from them of 10 million.

While the sale of Upton Park looks well dodgy as up to 50 million looks to have gone missing.

Imagine the scrutiny on these people should the FA start looking a little closer.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:43 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Arsenal should've gone for Javi Martinez instead then another quick striker.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

Dan G WWFC wrote:
Arsenal should've gone for Javi Martinez instead then another quick striker.

Need a centre half and a holding midfield player, both leaders who boss the others.

Players are taking liberties off the ball and getting away with it.

Mohamed Elneny would be a good summer pick for Wolves.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:32 am 
Manager
Manager

Just a few thoughts on Ray Wilkins as a player, he would love Ruben Neves, he plays the game the same way.

Has football evolved.

I remember the young Butch Wilkins entering the scene as a 16 year old at Chelsea and immediately thinking what a player,
What an old head on young shoulders, so calm, so thoughtful with his passing.

And over time I thought England should build a team around his talent.

I used to get really pissed at Bryan Robson because I saw him as someone who characterizes all thats wrong with English football.
Good at most things, full hearted, brave, but at the top level not understanding how the team has to function.

Butch was the man, Not Bryan or even Glenn, Butch, maybe he found himself understood in Milan.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat