Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Walsall signed a player on loan from Brentford yesterday, a better player went from Everton to Northampton.

You really make it more difficult than it should be Walsall recruitment team. Get smarter.

Walsall will go down this season

Agree that its a possibility, anything below Fleetwood should be aware of their chances of survival.

Walsall will only sign youth players on loan when they need experience.
I said it before on here, I think Walsall, Birmingham, and Albion will all go down.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:50 am 
Manager
Manager

Wolves recruitment.

I would have missed out on Afobe and done a double deal with Middlesbrough for Martin Braithwaite and Cyrus Christie.
I view Tony Pulis as a serial abuser of talent in the first phase of squad quality reduction at the Riverside.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Wolves recruitment.

I would have missed out on Afobe and done a double deal with Middlesbrough for Martin Braithwaite and Cyrus Christie.
I view Tony Pulis as a serial abuser of talent in the first phase of squad quality reduction at the Riverside.

Wolves don't need to be bulking up the squad with Championship level players when the keys to the global castle are in sight. Transfer business as a PL club will be in another dimension of quality to anything seen here before.

What we needed in January was some smart reinforcements to get us over the line - and Afobe has provided that for a fairly minimal outlay.

The most pressing thing for Wolves squad management now is to handle Neves' and Saiss' bookings correctly to avoid simultaneous suspensions.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:53 am 
Manager
Manager

I've gone full circle with Braithwaite I didn't think he could cut it within the English game but now believe he could start for over half Premier league sides.

I don't expect the kind of investment into the Wolves squad that most fans do this summer so would add quality investments as they come along.

How much money do Wolves fans expect this summer?

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:56 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
I've gone full circle with Braithwaite I didn't think he could cut it within the English game but now believe he could start for over half Premier league sides.

I don't expect the kind of investment into the Wolves squad that most fans do this summer so would add quality investments as they come along.

How much money do Wolves fans expect this summer?

I expect the limits to be set by what the accountants calculate as the maximum spend to meet FFP regulations, given forecasts about anticipated progress and income over the season. Clearly that will not allow us to compete with the likes of the top 4 but I think we should be capable of 2 or 3 substantial buys if we achieve promotion this season.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:30 am 
Manager
Manager

Just thinking about FFP every penny counts, for instance Roman Abramovich is charged 1 million pounds per season for his box at Chelsea.

Ways and means, ways and means.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:33 am 
Manager
Manager

Latest rumour ref Wolves a Brazilian striker who plays up front for Real Sociedad in Spain.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:40 am 
Manager
Manager

Attachment:
wolveswagestoincome.jpg
wolveswagestoincome.jpg [ 36.75 KiB | Viewed 481 times ]

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:27 am 
Manager
Manager

I'd expect our wages to be over 100% of income this year

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

toomb wrote:

If we go up, without doubt, as that will trigger a huge raft of bonuses and they are accounted for under wages. This is why promoted teams generally look like they have spent a lot on wages, but in reality, much of the figure is a performance bonus.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
toomb wrote:

If we go up, without doubt, as that will trigger a huge raft of bonuses and they are accounted for under wages. This is why promoted teams generally look like they have spent a lot on wages, but in reality, much of the figure is a performance bonus.

Even if we don't, I'd still expect it. Our last accounts showed revenue of £27m. That works out about £520,000 a week. Once NI and income tax are taken into account (footballers tend to be paid in net), I reckon we spend more than that this year. I doubt our increased revenue will cover the huge increase in wages we will have had this year

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:54 am 
Manager
Manager

I think Wolves wage bill is lower in basic pay than many fans imagine but will be very rewarding on performance.

Likewise these players will be well aware of how well Mendes clients are looked after once they are performing consistently well on the bigger stage.

I would expect new fantastic contracts for Jota and Neves next summer in line with Wolves expected income.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

Shakhtar Donetsk's Brazilian talent pipeline could be reaching its end.

Could Wolves and Jorge Mendes follow the same formula.

http://global.espn.com/football/uefa-ch ... ng-its-end

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:39 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Luke Shaw time at united seems to be over.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:47 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Top of my wish list going into the summer

Jonny Evans
Jack Butland

Get some British experianced players in.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:32 am 
Manager
Manager

Dan G WWFC wrote:
Top of my wish list going into the summer

Jonny Evans
Jack Butland

Get some British experianced players in.

Evans, yes, for the reported 3 million release clause, no problem. He may have his sights set a far bit higher than a newly promoted team though given Man City and Arsenal were in for him.

Butland, no. Stoke will want a fortune for their main asset and I am not convinced he is any better than Norris in any case. If he was as great as Stokies like to make out he would already be the undisputed England no. 1.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

I think Wolves will still look for the value in the market with players who have lost their way a little at club level.

Joao Mário.

For Portugal was outstanding but since his move to Inter for a massive fee then subsequent loan to West Ham has been abused by coaches who don't know how to use him.

I think Nuno and his staff will keep an eye on Neves progression at international level and watch if Joao Mário and Neves get partnered.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wolves took Mario on loan for the season from Inter with a view to a full deal based on his quality in our shirt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat