Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:08 am 
Manager
Manager

I think the way tactical thinking has evolved the full backs have to have passing skills because mostly they are wide midfield options.

If Wolves go down the route of dropping a central midfield player deep alongside the centre backs the ability from the fullbacks becomes essential when building the play.

Marshall has shown good delivery from wide positions, and it doesn't have to be from deep positions to become an effective tool.
Coady unfortunately even with more time that that deep position presents still cannot find enough imagination or passing ability to his game.
Shame really because you can see how much enthusiasm he brings to the dressing room. And you can't have enough of that.

So Marshall gives us options, much depends on which centre backs and which midfielders we sign this summer.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:18 am 
Manager
Manager

Jason McCarthy playing at Walsall on loan from Southampton.

Out of contract this summer, 21 years old, this kid can play.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:31 am 
Manager
Manager

There are some players that if you scout by film can deceive you, Paul Gladon is one. I can see why Wolves would think about him if the study was just on film.

He did look to have good qualities when playing in Holland, but there were always question marks.

I'm watching another striker at the moment a Czech youngster just breaking through at Sampdoria, Patrik Schick.

He's well worth scouting, in the flesh about five or six times, the lad could be anything.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:10 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
There are some players that if you scout by film can deceive you, Paul Gladon is one. I can see why Wolves would think about him if the study was just on film.

He did look to have good qualities when playing in Holland, but there were always question marks.

I'm watching another striker at the moment a Czech youngster just breaking through at Sampdoria, Patrik Schick.

He's well worth scouting, in the flesh about five or six times, the lad could be anything.

Really? I remember Gladon's supposed "best bits" compilation on YoutTube, even that looked dodgy to say the least! Thought we'd signed a total turkey from Day 1.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:23 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Jack O'Connell?

Like the look of him

And his team mate John Fleck, always loved Fleck

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:25 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Really? I remember Gladon's supposed "best bits" compilation on YoutTube, even that looked dodgy to say the least! Thought we'd signed a total turkey from Day 1.

Most of his highlights was from his team mate or in the second division.

1 goal in 20 games in the top flight in Holland :0

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:01 am 
Manager
Manager

There's a small team of people at Wolves who review the European leagues each week, checking the film.

They study and scout this way, I'm not sure how they then go and watch these same players live.
Depends on the timescale I suppose.

The latest one appears to be a German centre back in Bundesliga Two, Toni something, cant remember his full name.

Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:15 am 
Manager
Manager

Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United all want 21-year-old Sampdoria striker Patrik Schick - but so do Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid. (Gazzetta dello Sport - in Italian)

Here's one I had underestimated and had previously mentioned as a possible Wolves target this summer.
Well at least it shows I can occasionally spot a player.

Post Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:49 am 
Manager
Manager

If Harry stays at Blues, he would target these without giving a fuck about putting the club in debt.

During the 2015/16 season Mulumbu was reportedly earning £40,000 a week and Lafferty £34,000.

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:07 am 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Harry has a penchant for almost bankrupting every club he is associated with, so hope he stays at Blues!

Bit like a latter-day Tommy Docherty.... (who was useless but built entire reputation on the luck of going to Chelsea just as a host of 18-20 year old were emerging: Hollins, Tambling, Osgood etc etc)

Post Posted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:47 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Harry has a penchant for almost bankrupting every club he is associated with, so hope he stays at Blues!

Bit like a latter-day Tommy Docherty.... (who was useless but built entire reputation on the luck of going to Chelsea just as a host of 18-20 year old were emerging: Hollins, Tambling, Osgood etc etc)

Sometimes the sales pitch and good luck covers up all sins.

Just think back to Blackburn at our place, we were there for the taking but Mowbray didn't go for it.

Blackburn win that day and they survive because the pressures all on Blues and no way do they then win at Bristol.
Goodbye Harry, nowt you could do, but as it is he's a bloody Saviour. Thems the margins.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Should Wolves sell Costa, how about a loan right winger from Monaco.

Nuno did introduce a fair number of kids into the Porto first team.

Allan Saint-Maximin

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/allan-sa ... ler/272642

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Allan Saint-Maximin

Not for that headless chicken, bring back Ojo if that's our type of player.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:23 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Allan Saint-Maximin

Getting some rave reviews at the moment.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:25 am 
Manager
Manager

Chelsea's Tammy Abraham on verge of joining Newcastle.

And people thought he just might play in the Championship next season. Bit naive.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:43 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Allan Saint-Maximin

Getting some rave reviews at the moment.

Must have improved a hell of a lot since his time at Hannover.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:40 am 
Manager
Manager

Brighton boss Chris Hughton is ready to make a £2m move for 28-year-old Fulham midfielder Kevin McDonald. (Sun)

Fulham would want closer to 5 million.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Would rather have Cairney and pay the money.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:29 am 
Manager
Manager

Stallion Wolf wrote:
Would rather have Cairney and pay the money.

Any Championship team that could provide a midfield of Cairney, McDonald and Price would get my tip for automatic promotion.

Three of the best talents at Championship level.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:36 am 
Manager
Manager

This guy looks good, Mendes should be able to persuade him to come to us:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... eal-madrid

:lol:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:06 am 
Manager
Manager

If you watch a lot of youth football like myself you would have seen the quality of Faitout Maouassa the standout French midfield allrounder, left footed to boot.

With his club Nancy relegated he was transferred to Rennes last friday.

This is the type of pick up that you would expect from a very well scouted English club, ones you buy now then within two seasons at least triple your value.

Watch out for the name he has played for France at every youth level. Maybe the next Kante.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:13 am 
Manager
Manager

Emyr Huws [Cardiff - Ipswich] Undisclosed, Which I understand is over a million, coupled to the million Mick spent on a striker last week.

Spending a few quid to avoid the drop it seems.

I heard that Nottm Forest are asking for 5 million more this window for Britt Assombalonga than what they were prepared to take in January.

No love lost between Warburton and young Britt.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:48 am 
Manager
Manager

Marc Roberts to Blues from Barnsley.

I suppose if Wolves had been going down the traditional route he would have been a key target.

Harry has good connections who forward good talents to him.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:22 am 
Manager
Manager

There's some right tat moving during this transfer window.

Howson to Boro is one you would take, solid, consistent player who would get in every Championship team.

Huddersfield have signed some rubbish.

Cheltenham Town signed two worth keeping an eye on.

80% of the others my word..

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Emyr Huws [Cardiff - Ipswich] Undisclosed, Which I understand is over a million, coupled to the million Mick spent on a striker last week.

Got 4 in so far, at I guess less than £2m, and lost 1 to Celtic.
Nothing in comparison to some championship clubs :D
The man works on peanuts at Ipswich

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Got 4 in so far, at I guess less than £2m, and lost 1 to Celtic.
Nothing in comparison to some championship clubs :D
The man works on peanuts at Ipswich

Good kid they lost to Celtic, hate that clubs losing their future.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:35 am 
Manager
Manager

If a certain transfer goes through and a certain Brazilian arrives in Paris Jorge Mendes may have to find another home for Gonçalo Guedes.

You never know.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:41 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
If a certain transfer goes through and a certain Brazilian arrives in Paris Jorge Mendes may have to find another home for Gonçalo Guedes.

You never know.

Don't need another winger, Qatar need a high profile signing given the international situation.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:45 am 
Manager
Manager

Have you ever wondered why a player running down his contract and free next summer would allow himself to be sold in January.

There are a few players likely to move on in January for upwards of 30 million in this situation.

They hold their current clubs to ransom by asking for maybe 60% of the total deal.

Players walking away with 15 million minimum, then taking a huge signing on fee plus extraordinary wages at their next club.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:00 am 
Manager
Manager

Latest news.

A tale of two Brazilians.

West Brom have agreed a deal to sign a Brazilian who is currently plying his trade in Turkey.
Position, another holding midfield player.

Meanwhile Wolves continue to monitor a Brazilian, Italian passport who has previously worked for Nuno.
Can play across the front line.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat