Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:37 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
A case of fiddling while Sandwell burns.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:38 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 4597
The problem Pardew has now is the inability to punish them. Can't drop those players from the team like he normally would in this situation. A 2-week fine means nothing to them. His authority is out the window.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:56 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11264
Evans probably wants them to go down. If they drop, he has a clause in his contract saying he can be sold for peanuts, rather than the ridiculous fee they keep trying to force a club to pay.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:23 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
2-0 down at home to Uddersfield. Oh dear. What a shame. Looks like a big day out in Shrewsbury the best they can hope for

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:59 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
Rooted...taxi
Unfortunately Pardew will be gone before completing his job of taking them down
Blues drop into the bottom 3
And Walsall 5 points above the drop
So not a bad day, so far

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:17 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 4597
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Rooted...taxi
Unfortunately Pardew will be gone before completing his job of taking them down
Blues drop into the bottom 3
And Walsall 5 points above the drop
So not a bad day, so far


Not half :lol:

West Brom are in so much trouble. They have a shocking last month of the season, they need to pick up points now and it's not happening. Good to see Brum's recent uptick in form end too :oops:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:35 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23113
Location: Cannock.
SpaceMonkey wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Rooted...taxi
Unfortunately Pardew will be gone before completing his job of taking them down
Blues drop into the bottom 3
And Walsall 5 points above the drop
So not a bad day, so far


Not half :lol:

West Brom are in so much trouble. They have a shocking last month of the season, they need to pick up points now and it's not happening. Good to see Brum's recent uptick in form end too :oops:


Pardew would have had to go into West Brom and really rip it up, he didn't he continued with what was failing before him.
He might be ten per cent more positive than Pulis but at this stage the club is twenty per cent less confident.

They are gone.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:36 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
Football management is like teaching in International Schools. Hard to get you foot in the door, but once in, you swim in a small pool. You get to know everyone in that pool and you move from job to job in your small circuit recommended by friend or friends of friends. Along the way, you have to apply yourself to your trade and learn to change with the times or you just stagnate, cocooned in the false world of "friends" you live in.

Pardew is a classic " International" teacher. Foot in the door, complacent and now having been found out (again) just looking around, tapping his contacts for his next big earner.

We broke that cycle with Nuno. The Baggies went wit the flow with Pardew. They are going down.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:00 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34614
Location: S E London, near Kent
Pullis - 10 points from 12 games
Megson - 2 from 2
Hardpoo - 8 from 14

The stats don't lie. :mrgreen:

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
One game left, Silva in by next week

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:27 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 4597
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
One game left, Silva in by next week


He be a fool to go there. They have a terrible run-in, no window to bring in players, no time to get the team to gel to his tactics. Far too late.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:49 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18971
Location: WV4 and WL4
SpaceMonkey wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
One game left, Silva in by next week


He be a fool to go there. They have a terrible run-in, no window to bring in players, no time to get the team to gel to his tactics. Far too late.


Has the Fat Lady started to warm up?

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:31 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
The added bonus to Albion going down is so are Stoke..lol

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:43 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
All the Albion fans are cheering Shrewsbury on. Their big local derby for next season

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:12 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 4597
suiging wrote:
All the Albion fans are cheering Shrewsbury on. Their big local derby for next season


:lol:

If you want to laugh some more. Just imagine how much they're paying Sturridge right now to sit in the treatment room. What a signing he turned out to be. 8)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:25 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
SpaceMonkey wrote:
suiging wrote:
All the Albion fans are cheering Shrewsbury on. Their big local derby for next season


:lol:

If you want to laugh some more. Just imagine how much they're paying Sturridge right now to sit in the treatment room. What a signing he turned out to be. 8)


Their mismanagement reminds me of us for sooooo many years

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 8884
Location: The Cotswolds
News today that their finances are in trouble too. 'Biggest transfers, biggest wages, biggest loans, and work on stadium (?!)' all contributing to the 'need for an overdraft for the first time in 10 years'.

Looks like they are going down with all guns ablaze (rather than blazing!)

Hey ho!

But let us not gloat. "On the way up, be nice to those you pass who are on their way down; we may all be travelling in the opposite direction sometime in the future...." (but hopefully YONKS!)

_________________
E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:28 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
The much maligned Jeremy Peace knew how to the club.

A record £39m profile, followed by a summer spend of £40m, means for the first time in over 10 years they require an overdraft.
£110k a week on Krychowiak!

On the whole its not a big problem, but it could become one..shame

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:10 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18971
Location: WV4 and WL4
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
"On the way up, be nice to those you pass who are on their way down; we may all be travelling in the opposite direction sometime in the future...."


Hear hear. Any road, let's just look forward to some good times ahead for the old gold and black.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
Embers wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:
"On the way up, be nice to those you pass who are on their way down; we may all be travelling in the opposite direction sometime in the future...."


Hear hear. Any road, let's just look forward to some good times ahead for the old gold and black.


Indeed. I wish them all the best for when they meet Coventry in League One. It should be a cracking game.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:10 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23113
Location: Cannock.
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
The much maligned Jeremy Peace knew how to the club.

A record £39m profile, followed by a summer spend of £40m, means for the first time in over 10 years they require an overdraft.
£110k a week on Krychowiak!

On the whole its not a big problem, but it could become one..shame


Add Sturridge on 120k a week, laughing stock.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7216
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
The Shit are relegated after Southampton's 1-0 win at Swansea this evening.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 9:47 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
Damn. I hoped they'd still be in it until about the 94 minute on Sunday. This let's them off way too early

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:00 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
Well, at least they get to play Villa and Small Heath. One just hopes Shrewsbury join them for the party.

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:28 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20575
Location: Four Oaks
suiging wrote:
Well, at least they get to play Villa and Small Heath. One just hopes Shrewsbury join them for the party.


:lol: Our "local" rivals now are Leicester.

_________________
The next level awaits - Euros now


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15702
Location: Moved
Left back wrote:
suiging wrote:
Well, at least they get to play Villa and Small Heath. One just hopes Shrewsbury join them for the party.


:lol: Our "local" rivals now are Leicester.


Indeed. Villa, Small Heath, and the Shite prove yet again that Birmingham is the second city

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:54 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20249
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
We're now the only West Midlands team in the PL. This is the first time in football history that this has ever happened.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:47 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11264
Maybe the Championship should be renamed the Midland Alliance?

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:37 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 4597
New season but that doesn't mean we can't poke fun at them still right?

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/sta ... 2896677888


:lol:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34614
Location: S E London, near Kent
I read in the paper today that they're going to push for promotion straight back into the Prem.

I wonder how many of their fans are betting on it.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron