Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: Ex-Wolves
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:16 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Cally wrote:
Sako scores for Palarse :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He will do well at Palace they open the pitch up going forward which should suit him well.

I couldn't help but think about if they Palace had signed Rajiv van La Parra instead and he was taking the Palace corners.

I think Pardew would have Rajiv van La Parra by the throat during the first week.

I dunno, corner to corner is a good tactic, nobody expects it. :lol:

Oh we all expected it alright.

With Cardiff having their best header of the ball off the pitch having treatment Kenwyne Jones your asking for a quality delivery just past the penalty spot to attack.
Wolves with half a dozen giants in the team should at least be creating chances from those situations.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:38 pm 
First XI
First XI

Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
"]Roger Johnson has signed for Indian club FC Pune City.

That guy is one desperado. Surely he has enough money from his football career, to not even think of pitching up in India? I'll laugh if they end up sending him here to live, he really would be a Slumdog Millionaire:

I would snap up the opportunity in a heartbeat.[/quote]

What, to play football in India, or live in this place? :shock:[/quote]

Embers if you spent six months in India you would return an enlightened Buddhist.[/quote]

I would return a couple of stone lighter, I should imagine, unless my normally iron constitution, stood up to what the natives had to serve up. I love Indian scran, but Darren Gough said that when he went on tour to India, he was the only one who came back having put weight on![/quote]

:lol: because in France they only serve baguette, in Scotland they only serve haggis and in Japan they only serve raw fish.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Seyi Olofinjana wrote:
Embers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
"]Roger Johnson has signed for Indian club FC Pune City.

That guy is one desperado. Surely he has enough money from his football career, to not even think of pitching up in India? I'll laugh if they end up sending him here to live, he really would be a Slumdog Millionaire:

I would snap up the opportunity in a heartbeat.

What, to play football in India, or live in this place? :shock:[/quote]

Embers if you spent six months in India you would return an enlightened Buddhist.[/quote]

I would return a couple of stone lighter, I should imagine, unless my normally iron constitution, stood up to what the natives had to serve up. I love Indian scran, but Darren Gough said that when he went on tour to India, he was the only one who came back having put weight on![/quote]

:lol: because in France they only serve baguette, in Scotland they only serve haggis and in Japan they only serve raw fish.[/quote]

Its the water that gets ya, even the bottled stuff.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

Georg Margreitter signs for Nurnberg.

http://www.vavel.com/en/international-football/germany-bundesliga/530991-nurnberg-make-margreitter-move.html

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

According to Alan Nixon, Stears could be alongside Mancienne. He says Fulham want him, but Forest are after £2.5million.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:38 am 
Manager
Manager

At least one international goal in each of the last 18 years...

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

Jarvis scores on his debut

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:15 pm 
First XI
First XI

knocker knowles wrote:
At least one international goal in each of the last 18 years...

Not just international goal, but in actual competitions. 18 straight years with an international goal in an international competition.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Jarvis scores on his debut

Took his goal well to, I miss Jarvis

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:21 am 
Manager
Manager

I hear Mark Davies played very well yesterday, had the freedom of the pitch because nobody got near him at stand still situations.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:07 am 
Manager
Manager

GOAL - Wigan 2 Fleetwood 0 - Michael Jacobs makes it a dream start to the 2nd half with a goal inside 50 seconds.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:11 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I hear Mark Davies played very well yesterday, had the freedom of the pitch because nobody got near him at stand still situations.

Yes, Knocker, but when we let Davies go we'd just pulled off the coup of signing Nigel Quashie on loan to partner Karl Henry, did we need Davies?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:48 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Yes, Knocker, but when we let Davies go we'd just pulled off the coup of signing Nigel Quashie on loan to partner Karl Henry, did we need Davies?

One of McCarthy's first big decisions! Strange bloke McCarthy.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

One of McCarthy's first big decisions! Strange bloke McCarthy.

Are we seeing a similar decision currently with McDonald?

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:16 am 
Manager
Manager

toomb wrote:

Strange bloke Jackett. When is McDonald out of contract? First Stearman, next McDonald, then who, Ikeme? I'm starting to take a dislike to Jackett, as I don't think he's being heis own man, more that he's doing Moxey's bidding, on behalf of the deluded Morgan. I can't believe that Jackett believes, that he's going to build a winning team from what he's assembled.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
toomb wrote:

Strange bloke Jackett. When is McDonald out of contract? First Stearman, next McDonald, then who, Ikeme? I'm starting to take a dislike to Jackett, as I don't think he's being heis own man, more that he's doing Moxey's bidding, on behalf of the deluded Morgan. I can't believe that Jackett believes, that he's going to build a winning team from what he's assembled.

I disagree with this. If it was Moxey and Morgan's doing, and been about money, I'm sure McDonald would have been sold to Fulham - afterall, if we'd have got a million or two for a player with 12 months on his contract, I don't think the fans would have complained too much.

We didn't sell Sako in similar circumstances, and I'm sure Moxey/Morgan agree that that was a good decision because he was such an integral part of the team. But, it's a very different situation if McDonald is going to be on the bench - that's surely a Jackett decision

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Wolves didn't let Davies go, he asked for a transfer, he wanted to go. He was offered a contract but refused it. Leicester and Bolton bid for him and he willingly went to Bolton and the Premier League.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Wolves didn't let Davies go, he asked for a transfer, he wanted to go. He was offered a contract but refused it. Leicester and Bolton bid for him and he willingly went to Bolton and the Premier League.

One of our many problems, is our frugal wage structure. As soon as bids come in fo the likes of Iorfa and Hause, doubling their wages, they will become unsettled, and so they will be sold. Like it or not, the players and their agents hold the aces, in football. If you don't pay the going rate, your players get going.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

He went because we wouldn't involve him in our first team. He was winning man of the match almost every game out on loan at Leicester while we had Quashie and Henry in midfield, playing appalling. Davies wanted to come back in and play a part in the promotion push, but McCarthy told him that he didn't plan on using him that season so he took the offer and left. If we'd given him the opportunity he'd never have gone.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
warn wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

He went because we wouldn't involve him in our first team. He was winning man of the match almost every game out on loan at Leicester while we had Quashie and Henry in midfield, playing appalling. Davies wanted to come back in and play a part in the promotion push, but McCarthy told him that he didn't plan on using him that season so he took the offer and left. If we'd given him the opportunity he'd never have gone.

Yes and we're seeing the dizzy heights of football he has achieved so far. Thick Mick ain't so thick as some of us fans reckon - perhaps. :wink:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mick wasn't thick but he was stubborn - both a strength and a weakness. It was Mick's way or get away and that could be for the better or for the worse of the team.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:

I think you should ask the involvement of Chris Evans in this episode.
If MM didn't want him why offer him a three and a half year contract? MM 'told' him...are you sure?
8)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:24 am 
Manager
Manager

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a Dubai consortium led by ex Wolf Andy Gray as the next owners of Wolves.
I could stomach Andy in the boardroom as director of football.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a Dubai consortium led by ex Wolf Andy Gray as the next owners of Wolves.

Will we be going full circle! Will Richard Keys be Head of P.R?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Why are you surprised as who knows anything about Andy Gray's connections in the Middle East and would he bring his digital tactics board with him for Ikeme to punch. :roll:

Personally, I think AG to be a big head - but what do I know.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Why are you surprised as who knows anything about Andy Gray's connections in the Middle East and would he bring his digital tactics board with him for Ikeme to punch. :roll:

Andy Gray works for BeIN Sport, a Qatari sports broadcasting company

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:58 am 
Manager
Manager

toomb wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

There you go who wouldn't want Al Jazeera as the new sponsor on the Wolves football shirt.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

toomb wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Super and Big Ron after his dismissal for a racist remark ended up working for a sport channel in South Africa, (you couldn't make this shit up), however, working for a Middle East sports channel speaking in English (well his version of English) hardly gives me grounds that he has the contacts for a buy out of our Club unless, I'm missing a point of two here :?:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

Jackie McNamara is the new manager at York City. It's his first management job in England, after being at Partick Thistle and Dundee United.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nibbs Minton wrote:
Jackie McNamara is the new manager at York City. It's his first management job in England, after being at Partick Thistle and Dundee United.

good luck Jackie, classy player.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat