Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1518 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:19 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I did not envisage starting this thread on the opening weekend of the season, but unbelievably, Huddersfield Town have sacked Mark Robins after one game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRKBAmir50

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:48 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

FrankMunro-371 wrote:
I did not envisage starting this thread on the opening weekend of the season, but unbelievably, Huddersfield Town have sacked Mark Robins after one game.

:lol:

They were awful though, lots of boo's ringing round the John Smiths Bowl

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:19 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Apparently there were issues regarding Mark Robins at the end of last season. So why didn't they make the change then rather than allowing Robins the whole pre season to prepare the team for the new season. It just does not make sense to me.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:25 am 
Manager
Manager

FrankMunro-371 wrote:
Apparently there were issues regarding Mark Robins at the end of last season. So why didn't they make the change then rather than allowing Robins the whole pre season to prepare the team for the new season. It just does not make sense to me.

I agree, it's not logical to sack somebody after one game. I imagine there must have been a heated exchange of views yesterday afternoon and that has tipped the balance. Just guessing though.

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:20 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

There form at the back end of last season was terrible too, they probably said he had to get a good start to this season or it was bye bye, it day start well did it

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Bizarre decision after just one game....why not give him 6 or 7 games to try and get it right..?? football has gone mad...so who will take over there..?? Warnock ??? Hughton..???

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:11 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

gladbachwolf wrote:
Bizarre decision after just one game....why not give him 6 or 7 games to try and get it right..?? football has gone mad...so who will take over there..?? Warnock ??? Hughton..???

Owen Coyle probably :D

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:52 pm 
First XI
First XI

FrankMunro-371 wrote:

Yeah....and the players had to have sensed this coming too. Hard to train and keep a positive outlook for the club when you assume your manager will be gone within weeks.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Owen Coyle probably :D

Reading through this thread, that was the very first name that came into my mind also plus of course, his 7 Dwarves.

Think it is them that sing, 'We Won the League 3 Times, but None of Us Remember It'. :roll:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

From reading reports on the chairman, he wasn't necessarily sacked it was a mutual decision as Robins rang the chairman after the game explaining that he feels he has lost the respect of the fans and the players. In fact it sounds like he resigned as the chairman went onto say that "It was disappointing to part company because I would have given him more time"

Robins bottled it, well either way its the fans fault....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28761788

"Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! UNBELIEVABLE!" - Gary Neville 2012

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:06 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

A job for Colin Wanker perhaps. :lol:

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:11 pm 
First XI
First XI

Mike_wolf wrote:
From reading reports on the chairman, he wasn't necessarily sacked it was a mutual decision as Robins rang the chairman after the game explaining that he feels he has lost the respect of the fans and the players. In fact it sounds like he resigned as the chairman went onto say that "It was disappointing to part company because I would have given him more time"

Fans have to take a portion of the blame. As seen in the Prem relegation season a team that plays on high energy and confidence cannot function that way under a toxic atmosphere that is anxiously awaiting the first poor touch so they can denigrate and deride the players performing. Often the players are not good enough to tailor their play to change the style or win the fans back around (imore often than not they're so bloodthirsty that stubborness made it irreversible). It gets forgotten all the time that footballers are also fallible individuals.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

Seyi Olofinjana wrote:
Mike_wolf wrote:

Fans have to take a portion of the blame. As seen in the Prem relegation season a team that plays on high energy and confidence cannot function that way under a toxic atmosphere that is anxiously awaiting the first poor touch so they can denigrate and deride the players performing. Often the players are not good enough to tailor their play to change the style or win the fans back around (imore often than not they're so bloodthirsty that stubborness made it irreversible). It gets forgotten all the time that footballers are also fallible individuals.

Totally agree.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

If the rumours are to be believed, Tony Pulis could be on his way soon.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:42 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

If Crystal Palace let Pulis go they must be mad. He worked wonders there last season.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:02 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

According to the Daily Mail (yeah, I know) he's left by mutual consent. Unbelievable.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

It's on the BBC too now: mutual consent.

Quote:
Pulis, 56, met with chairman Steve Parish earlier in the day amid reports of friction between the pair over areas of responsibility.

The former Stoke manager has been frustrated by the failure to land a number of his transfer targets during the summer.

Assistant manager Keith Millen will be in temporary charge for Saturday's trip to Arsenal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28797071

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:00 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Crystal Palace deserve to be relegated for letting Pulis go. Yes, maybe he wanted to spend money, but how much did Palace gain in financial terms thanks to Pulis keeping them in the Premier League.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:24 pm 
First XI
First XI

Average manager incapable of progressing a club on funds much greater than Palace would want to supply him with. He did well to keep them up but he might as well go and spend the winter on the beach and auction his services on January while his reputation is high. It's ironic that a man who showed a clear lack of ambition at Stoke is moaning about Palace's lack of ambition to ply him with funds to finish on 44 points.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Don't make good reading for the chairman, that's two managers upset by his transfer policy. I'm with Seyi though, clear irony there from Pulis - who you could say in terms of his reputation possibly had everything to lose and could probably take the QPR job when it will probably come up

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:09 am 
Manager
Manager

Seyi Olofinjana wrote:
Mike_wolf wrote:

Important point, i do question if football coaches help players enough in managing the mindset as they move through the levels and the profile changes.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:48 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Strong rumours that Leeds are about to sack their manager.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
Strong rumours that Leeds are about to sack their manager.

When they beat Middlesbrough I thought maybe they weren't going to be so bad after all, but it turns out to be a result that maybe tells us more about Middlesbrough than Leeds.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Quote:
Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP 10m

Back in the office. Radio silence from Cellino and really, it's his opinion that counts. But everyone I've spoken to thinks Hockaday is gone

Phil Hay is chief football writer on Yorkshire Evening Post.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Twas the meeting of the two Italian owned clubs today with no less than (guess) 9 Italian players featuring for both sides.

Leeds had two sent off so it wasn't much of a contest. Let's hope he gets Di Canio in as the new Manager that should be fun. What a laughing stock Leeds are really after such dizzy heights under Revie and Co. :lol:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:17 am 
First XI
First XI

muss wrote:
Quote:
Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP 10m

Back in the office. Radio silence from Cellino and really, it's his opinion that counts. But everyone I've spoken to thinks Hockaday is gone

Phil Hay is chief football writer on Yorkshire Evening Post.

He was hired as a sacrificial lamb to begin with. His record at Forest Green Rovers was mediocre and that was with a better budget than most of the competition in that league. No one ever thought he would get the job done with Leeds.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:15 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Fulham and Leeds United could be looking for new managers. Tony Pulis being strongly linked to take the helm at Fulham.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:48 pm 
First XI
First XI

How long will Redknapp last? QPR look wretched

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:06 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

FrankMunro-371 wrote:
Fulham and Leeds United could be looking for new managers. Tony Pulis being strongly linked to take the helm at Fulham.

:shock: From playing football to Pulisball, no clue

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:29 am 
Manager
Manager

Steve Clarke in line to become next Palace manager after impressing the Palace board.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1518 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat