Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: England 4-3-3.
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:49 am 
Manager
Manager

]
Its very rare for England to win games at the knock out stage.

Spain comes to mind, not many others.[/quote]

One could almost get the impression that England aren't very good.[/quote]

I believe that when it comes to that crunch moment the English mentality is not as strong as say a Germans mentality.
So in those massive moments the edge goes to often to the opponent.

Strong minds are what separates the winners from the valiant losers.

England has always accepted even loved a good loser. Its in the national psychy.[/quote]

German players have far more reason to play with confidence, they are raised in a footballing culture when success has always been present to a great extent. Same as the other leading nations. England's 50 years of nothingness means the players are psychologically conditioned to expect that they won't win the games at the sharp end of tournaments.

The penalty shoot-out issue is the clearest example of this, when players like Lampard and Gerrard who put away penalty after penalty in the league, totally freeze when having to do so in an England shirt.

Hodgson fits right in too. A manager so ingrained with the safety first, handbrake on mentality at the elite level. He will fuddle and muddle his team around just to drain the last drops of any self-confidence that players like Alli, Kane and Vardy had gained from working under their club coaches this year.[/quote]

Agree with much of this, England do now employ people to work with players regards the mind.
Whats interesting for me is the difference between a strong mindset and a confident mindset.
Its something that confuses me to this day.
What surprises me is that these highly paid individuals on 150k plus a week don't each employ a personal sports psychiatrist.
I dont get that so much of the mental side is left to chance.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:59 am 
Manager
Manager

England vs Wales.

Whats refreshing is that England are playing off six lines with players moving back and forth through the half space and their team mates taking notice and moving to support.

The Germans and Spanish do this well and its good to see England finally playing with this variation because it helps with ball retention.

What I hope for today is for England to produce a mid game trick by changing from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1.

Creating overloads down the Welsh flanks after a period where the Welsh feel comfortable.

Same team please Roy after a very good performance against Russia.

Prediction a comfortable 3-0 to England.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:11 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
England vs Wales.

Whats refreshing is that England are playing off six lines with players moving back and forth through the half space and their team mates taking notice and moving to support.

The Germans and Spanish do this well and its good to see England finally playing with this variation because it helps with ball retention.

What I hope for today is for England to produce a mid game trick by changing from 4-3-3 to 4-2-3-1.

Creating overloads down the Welsh flanks after a period where the Welsh feel comfortable.

Kane had more touches in his own penalty area than he did in the oppositions :? Now stats are rubbish sometimes but what is interesting about this stat is Kane didn't actually have a touch inside the oppositions box at all!!Plenty elsewhere but he is our main striker for heaven's sake and tells me Roy hasn't got the team set up correctly.
So surely it's not more of the same kk but that he will set things up differently so if he plays the same team Kane is used properly?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:13 am 
Manager
Manager

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
England vs Wales.

Kane had more touches in his own penalty area than he did in the oppositions :? Now stats are rubbish sometimes but what is interesting about this stat is Kane didn't actually have a touch inside the oppositions box at all!!Plenty elsewhere but he is our main striker for heaven's sake and tells me Roy hasn't got the team set up correctly.
So surely it's not more of the same kk but that he will set things up differently so if he plays the same team Kane is used properly?

Its my belief that if you view the individual performance in isolation you fail to see the bigger picture.

What I gleaned from the Russia game is England created enough chances to win easily because by using Kane's movement as a focal point the support cast moved off him intelligently.

Now chances will come Kane's way if the quality of pass is improved in the final third or the run of the ball falls Kane's way.

But whats key and really impressive is how each players movement triggers another.

Once you have that movement in the final third you score goals.

I'm in no doubt England will dominate Wales and hopefully convert a fair percentage of their chances.
Comfortable 3-0 expected.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
England vs Wales.

Its my belief that if you view the individual performance in isolation you fail to see the bigger picture.

What I gleaned from the Russia game is England created enough chances to win easily because by using Kane's movement as a focal point the support cast moved off him intelligently.

Now chances will come Kane's way if the quality of pass is improved in the final third or the run of the ball falls Kane's way.

But whats key and really impressive is how each players movement triggers another.

I'm in no doubt England will dominate Wales and hopefully convert a fair percentage of their chances.
Comfortable 3-0 expected.

RH is a clueless **** KK and now suddenly he does what he should have 45 minutes ago.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

England vs Wales.

Prediction a comfortable 3-0 to England.[/quote]

So surely it's not more of the same kk but that he will set things up differently so if he plays the same team Kane is used properly?[/quote]

Comfortable 3-0 expected.[/quote]

RH is a clueless **** KK and now suddenly he does what he should have 45 minutes ago.[/quote]

You were right, I was wrong. I hated the whole match, thought it was rubbish.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Right or wrong it's only opinions KK.
Hodgson did it in the world cup when there was nowt to play for he throws off the shackles.That at half time was plan feckin f for him but plan a for me.
He has had long enough to settle on his formation and pattern of play and that has now gone tits up(thank god)He had to let the players play and forget all the bollox he talks to them or go out of the competition.
He is no genius he is a lucky bleeder that the talent is there when allowed to play.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:25 am 
Manager
Manager

Right or wrong it's only opinions KK.
Hodgson did it in the world cup when there was nowt to play for he throws off the shackles.That at half time was plan feckin f for him but plan a for me.
He has had long enough to settle on his formation and pattern of play and that has now gone tits up(thank god)He had to let the players play and forget all the bollox he talks to them or go out of the competition.
He is no genius he is a lucky bleeder that the talent is there when allowed to play.

I'm a purest when it comes to football I enjoyed the German method yesterday because over the whole piece it usually works for them.
Its tried and tested, they may take players in and out with different qualities but the formula remains the same.
I get that, I accept that, I believe for consistency you have to have that well grooved framework.

England by changing so quickly from one system to another leave themselves wide open to individuals having to produce in the moment.

Now if Germany with the superior players put their faith in system before individual I think they are telling us whats progressive and whats vital for victory.

Thats why I hated England's performance because it abandoned system for player, for short term gain over long term progressions.
I just dont like the English mentality towards football it lacks patience.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:07 am 
Manager
Manager

Watching England playing in Slovakia with Sam and his new staff presiding over a nothing performance.

If you gain the honour of being allowed the opportunity to run the nations football team you have to carry into the job strong views on how the game should be played.

Sam has to create change because to carry on like last night is not worthy of the name coach, it was just Sam the selector.
Doing what hundreds of thousands could do, next to naff all other than picking the team.

Its no secret that I wanted Rooney gone a very long time ago, his presence rather than being helpful has a detrimental effect on a possible creative performance.

And the way club and country are using Harry Kane must have the lad pulling his hair out.
He's no good in a two and requires a proper ten to see him functioning properly.

I think when a coach selects a squad it tells you much about how he goes about the game.
By not selecting two midfielders such as Jack Wilshere and Ross Barkley it tells me Sam doesn't really wish to get to grips with what wins the game at the top level, creativity.

When coaching, plan ahead.

Sam said Wayne Rooney can play where he likes, ok I get it, out on the field the top performers get a feel of where the game should carry them.
I think thats Sam's point, but wait a minute.

When Rooney goes deep, that has to be a trigger for others movement, you still have to fill the required spaces to move the ball from back to front.
You dont just vacate a key area of the pitch, especially the key creative area.
English managers failing to play through the ten position again, christ do they never learn.

All the tapes, all the tournaments, all the stats, all the evidence of where the game is won and lost, and these high profile coaches ignore them.

PLAY THROUGH THE FUCKIN TEN POSITION.

Coach the players, we dont expect Pep Guardiola quality but it should be a step up from Hackney marshes.

OK, Can I have a rant, John Stones and David Luiz, dont have a fixation that they are defenders first and foremost.
Thats dinosaur thinking from a bygone age.

They are line breakers in an attacking sense when used properly, fuckin hell to hear some pundits talk you would think Luiz is hopeless and high risk.
Yeah right and Antonio Conte is not one of the smartest most clued up football managers around.

Thing is David Luiz has N'Golo Kanté in front of him and knows for the most part Kante is the last line in outfield defense.
Dont have pre conceived thoughts about lines on a pitch, its an English disease.

David Luiz can break past Kante and change the numbers through midfield, it adds variety and changes the in game dynamics.
Now put that same process into use with John Stones in an England shirt and you start building through central midfield.
Sam has to be creative with his thought process or he's just another England coach in need of a good excuse.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:36 am 
Manager
Manager

What is going on off the pitch with Kane ?

From being one of the most exciting forwards in the world to someone it is hard to see being picked in the park first when the sweaters go down. WTF........

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:23 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

From being one of the most exciting forwards in the world to someone it is hard to see being picked in the park first when the sweaters go down. WTF........

I've been massively shocked at the misuse of Harry Kane by club and country through the summer and the start of this season.

As Harry grows as a footballer with his personality ( at the moment to much of a nice guy ) it wont happen, he will end the stupidity himself.

He will grab the billy big bollocks like Wayne Rooney by the throat in training and demand Wayne plays for the team rather than massage his own ego.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:37 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I fell asleep ten mins in and missed the whole match ...I say missed...i didn't 'miss it' in an emotional sense at all ...I just didnt see it.

I dont think I missed much by all accounts- I have to say I am now non plussed by England.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:10 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:

I've been massively shocked at the misuse of Harry Kane by club and country through the summer and the start of this season.

As Harry grows as a footballer with his personality ( at the moment to much of a nice guy ) it wont happen, he will end the stupidity himself.

He will grab the billy big bollocks like Wayne Rooney by the throat in training and demand Wayne plays for the team rather than massage his own ego.

Having sat through the complete pile of wank that England showed during the whole game, the ONLY player worthy of a place on the world stage was Rooney, he was head, hair and shoulders above anything else present.
He may be William B Bollocks to you mate, but he patently deserves the accolade to me.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

It is depressing.Another qualifying campaign which we should breeze but it will hide all that is wrong with England.
We will go into the tournament as a side hard to beat but showing very little in bringing about any change to the last many decades.
Just wait for all the bollox when we beat Malta 10-0 and we are suddenly going to win the cup :oops:
Anyway rooney against poor opposition can get the ball,stroll around and do as many 50 yard across the park balls as he likes but in the end he's too old and slow and out of position anyway.A bit like fat sam :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:48 am 
Manager
Manager

It is depressing.Another qualifying campaign which we should breeze but it will hide all that is wrong with England.
We will go into the tournament as a side hard to beat but showing very little in bringing about any change to the last many decades.
Just wait for all the bollox when we beat Malta 10-0 and we are suddenly going to win the cup :oops:
Anyway rooney against poor opposition can get the ball,stroll around and do as many 50 yard across the park balls as he likes but in the end he's too old and slow and out of position anyway.A bit like fat sam :lol:

Creates his own problems does Rooney, the reason he has to pass sideways is because the player in the ten position Rooney has gone missing.
It aint rocket science and should be pointed out to him, the ten position must be used to enable the team to function.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:01 am 
Manager
Manager

I can recall Rooney in Moscow when he found himself in a Full Back position and gave away a penalty and I was wondering even back then, WTF was he doing there.

Point is, why does he feel he needs to play so deep - why doesn't a defender move up and tell him to fook off back where he belongs. Surely his best position nowadays is just behind one or two main strikers whether that is for club or country?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
I can recall Rooney in Moscow when he found himself in a Full Back position and gave away a penalty and I was wondering even back then, WTF was he doing there.

Point is, why does he feel he needs to play so deep - why doesn't a defender move up and tell him to fook off back where he belongs. Surely his best position nowadays is just behind one or two main strikers whether that is for club or country?

There are tactical questions to be asked if Rooney continues to play such a free role.

If he thinks himself a Christian Eriksen when playing with the Spurs pair does he have the yards in his legs to keep making fifty yard sprints when necessary.

Christian Eriksen will rotate with his Spurs midfield players and against ALL teams poor, average or top quality will make lung bursting surges.
I dont see that in Wayne Rooney's game.

Its not about the individual, how effective was the team when Wayne Rooney changed position, what was the chance creation ratio.
How did his positional change effect that.

I dont see Sam Allardyce having the bollocks to sort out Wayne Rooney that job will fall to José Mourinho.
Expect Rooney to become a United bench regular before Christmas.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:12 am 
Manager
Manager

Well it seems that was a game worth missing, and missed it I did.

The question is.

Is the Manchester United captain bigger than the England coach whoever that may be.

Does the marketing of a particular club, its captain place other factions under enormous pressure to facilitate his inclusion.

Is it more than a game.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:28 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I only watched the last 30 mins.

What was the idea and plan to score?

Was it up to the individual?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:24 am 
Manager
Manager

I always feel that the coach of the English national side has so little time to prepare that he has to use each precious training session creating a clarity of purpose and performance.

Players come from far and wide bringing their individual talents and they need someone to blend them all together with a well thought out purpose.

Southgate on last nights showing offered next to nothing in that respect because there was no direction and the bloke on the baton was not facing the orchestra.

Already Souhgate looks a complete fraud with a foolish team selection devoid of intelligence.
You do question how some of these guys pass the top coaching badges because they just can't put theory into practice.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:20 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I will choose to watch seal pups being clubbed than watching the next England game.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:30 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
I always feel that the coach of the English national side has so little time to prepare that he has to use each precious training session creating a clarity of purpose and performance.

Players come from far and wide bringing their individual talents and they need someone to blend them all together with a well thought out purpose.

Southgate on last nights showing offered next to nothing in that respect because there was no direction and the bloke on the baton was not facing the orchestra.

Already Souhgate looks a complete fraud with a foolish team selection devoid of intelligence.
You do question how some of these guys pass the top coaching badges because they just can't put theory into practice.

why a fooloish team selection ?...prior to the game ??

what woud you have done differently ...would you have picked rooney in midfield ..yet again ...
who would you have picked up front ...in your prefered and hallowed 4-3-3?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:56 am 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

why a fooloish team selection ?...prior to the game ??

what woud you have done differently ...would you have picked rooney in midfield ..yet again ...

When I looked at the Southgate selection pre match I thought Where are the BRAINS, especially once the side approaches the opponents back four.

There has to be a balance between quick athletic runners and players who play with their heads up and can spot an angled pass to play.

Just look at the selection, ALL PEAS FROM THE SAME POD.
Players who are best when RELEASED INTO SPACE, Not players who can create space.

Where exactly were the players who could have the imagination to unlock a defense, sometimes England throw away a key then smack away at it with a hammer.

Does Southgate have an imaginative mind because thats what defines a coach, having a mind for it.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:55 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Why a foolish team selection ?...prior to the game ??

When I looked at the Southgate selection pre match I thought Where are the BRAINS, especially once the side approaches the opponents back four.

There has to be a balance between quick athletic runners and players who play with their heads up and can spot an angled pass to play.

Just look at the selection, ALL PEAS FROM THE SAME POD.
Players who are best when RELEASED INTO SPACE, Not players who can create space.

Where exactly were the players who could have the imagination to unlock a defense, sometimes England throw away a key then smack away at it with a hammer.

Does Southgate have an imaginative mind because thats what defines a coach, having a mind for it.

I actuallty think the 4-3-3 plays into the athletic requirement of prem league players....
I thought from previous comments you did too?

As I say Im not a fan of the formation at all.....splits attack from defence no capability to play through the team.....

There are intelligent footballers available - Rooney for example is one- but too many are engrained in the prem league philosophy.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:34 am 
Manager
Manager

I thought Rooney played well last night for United in Europe.

Great touch and found a higher confidence within himself the longer the match went on.

Now if your a top coach watching that you have to start thinking how can I use those skills in a team way.

How can I on the training field work on two, three and four player combinations in and around Rooney.

Half the time its the coach not having the mind for it but also not having the time and application.

Coaches let players down as much as players let the coach down.

Rooney still wants it, help him out.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:00 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I like the look of some things. Others concern me. Looks a bit half thought though.

The second phase of moment for the ball isn't there. Can't help but think Wilshere would be better then Rooney in the middle, or Welbeck on the wing and Lallana coming in to play off Struiddge.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:39 am 
Manager
Manager

I thought within 20 minutes Strachan had to change shape or make substitutions because he had two players completely out of their depth.

To slow with their minds to get to grips with the game while better options were sitting on the bench.

James Forrest gave as bad as display as can be imaginable and England should have targeted his lack of defensive contributions far more.

Sometimes rather than think tactically a coach has to think strategically, such was the case last night.

Forrest, yeah right I would sooner select Gump.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:28 am 
Manager
Manager

You see moments of stupidity within the English national side which makes them also rans through any decade.

England lack players who have clear tactical appreciation.

Its impossible for ANY coach to tell every footballer his key responsibilities within the moment.

Here's an example from last night vs Spain.

5 minutes left and winning 2-0.

Your left back for some reason best known to himself finds himself lost on the edge of the Spanish penalty area.
Spain break and when they have the ball on the edge of the English box down that left channel that left back is on the half way line.

Thats a case of just not doing the football basics.

Thats England whatever the generation, don't blame the coach when England players have shit for brains rather than tactical awareness.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:59 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
You see moments of stupidity within the English national side which makes them also rans through any decade.

Its impossible for ANY coach to tell every footballer his key responsibilities within the moment.

Your left back for some reason best known to himself finds himself lost on the edge of the Spanish penalty area.
Spain break and when they have the ball on the edge of the English box down that left channel that left back is on the half way line.

Thats England whatever the generation, don't blame the coach when England players have shit for brains rather than tactical awareness.

both goals came from that left hand side, Creswell didn't exactly hit the ground running...

That said the second goal was easily saveable by the keeper. The ball went through his legs!

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:07 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

whelp wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

both goals came from that left hand side, Creswell didn't exactly hit the ground running...

That said the second goal was easily saveable by the keeper. The ball went through his legs!

Dyer just as much to blame esp. for the second....waltzing around believing he has made it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat