Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

If they actually won a tournament with him at the helm?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:33 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

He'll join us after failing miserably. It's destiny.

Taylor.
Hoddle.
Big Sam.

The #2 choice was Bruce, but we've rejected him. :lol:

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

He may just be the man to keep in England in the third tier of world football :roll:

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:48 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

As I said on the other thred
HahahahahahaahahahahahaHahahahahHahahahaha

Last edited by davejonesears on Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:47 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I just hope he changes how he plays to suit to us having the better players and also have a plan for when we don't.

We need to be able to play football with the talent we have.

I fear for Stones if he doesn't.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:05 am 
Manager
Manager

He won't even win a tin pot, he's managed to reach one cup final in his life and lost it within 10 minutes.

I don't mind him as a choice if we are going to stay "homegrown", he is better than Hodgson so a minor step forward yet our players are not strong enough technically or mentally in any case to get near even making a final.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:28 am 
Manager
Manager

Recall for Andy Carroll?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:30 am 
Manager
Manager

Low Hill Born wrote:
Recall for Andy Carroll?

And Tony Adams

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:58 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Good luck to him, I wish him all the best. I for one will nail my colours to the mast and say that he will transform England from an overblown bunch of pathetic nappy wetters, to a formidable team playing to their individual strengths that finally realise the potential they obviously show to get in the team in the first place.
Only time will tell though, as in everything, its a piece of piss to be right after the event.I wonder how many folk on here would sit grumbling in their pits if Andy Carroll nodded a 35 yard cross past Buffon to win the World Cup. I dont think my pants would ever dry.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Good luck to him, I wish him all the best. I for one will nail my colours to the mast and say that he will transform England from an overblown bunch of pathetic nappy wetters, to a formidable team playing to their individual strengths that finally realise the potential they obviously show to get in the team in the first place.
Only time will tell though, as in everything, its a piece of piss to be right after the event.I wonder how many folk on here would sit grumbling in their pits if Andy Carroll nodded a 35 yard cross past Buffon to win the World Cup. I dont think my pants would ever dry.

I think at the age you are now and looking at the next world cup final in 4 years whether andy carroll scored or not keeping your pants dry will be a problem :wink:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:08 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Rozza wrote:

Fair play Rozza if that's what you believe then at least you've said it.
I totally disagree and think it speaks volumes as to how attractive
the job is and how much money the FA actually have ..
Not a lot in either case....a truly awful joke appointment.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

There is no way big Sam can do worse than Woy unless they fail to qualify for the next world cup. The group is piss easy so we will be there.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:56 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
Rozza wrote:

I think at the age you are now and looking at the next world cup final in 4 years whether andy carroll scored or not keeping your pants dry will be a problem :wink:

:lol: touch'e

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Low Hill Born wrote:
There is no way big Sam can do worse than Woy unless they fail to qualify for the next world cup. The group is piss easy so we will be there.

exactly, we haven't set the world on fire with supposed top class managers.

lets see what the yam yam can do!

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:33 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Low Hill Born wrote:

If thats the only measure we need - to qualify- then the group rather than the manager will do that job for him.

I am more underwhelmed by this than I was at Hodgsons appointment and thats saying somegthing.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

Good to see Paul Clement being lined us as coach, like it.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:35 pm 

Kevin Nolan...

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:16 am 
Manager
Manager

Some years back Hungary came to Wembley and played THROUGH England, it was a lesson in passing and movement.

English sides had for ever and a day played the ball OVER the opposition.

Does England still wish to play OVER their competitors while they try and control the ball, the games tempo by adding variety through clever movement and incisive passing of said ball.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:27 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I think this is an excellent appointment.

He is an excellent motivator, and whilst not always pretty, can get things done.

He's not a yes man, unlike Roy Hodgson. I could never see Roy Hodgson giving Rooney a bollocking at half time because he's playing shit, but I could imagine Big Sam stamping his authority down, no problem.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:20 am 
Manager
Manager

If Sam is to prosper in the England role he has to study and fully understand how Pep will coach and use John Stones.

Study the Man City training, develop the combinations and overloads that Pep will add to the City gameplan.

Its time consuming Sam but what else have you got to do.

It baffles me that the England coaches doesn't study the midweek work at every Premier league club.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:38 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

he ay gonna win fuckall now. .....not without a job..... :shock:
seems like the media cor leave fuckall alone. would like to see sam in a room alone with said reporter

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

The ultimate own goal.

How much money do these guys need? Get yer trap shut and stay at home working on ideas for the team.

The naivety of the bloke is staggering for someone so experienced, naive on the pitch, naive off, England, always good for a laugh...

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:05 am 
Manager
Manager

And the next one please.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

Stupid beyond belief, but the paper set him up...
I have no problem with exposing his greed but the other revelations is of no interest, and is the stuff of "red top" tabloids.. Who would want the job?

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:02 pm 

:lol:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

Just imagine, your dream job, maybe just a dream, then one day, it's offered to you...

You're over the moon, you've reached your own zenith, nothing could be better...

I know, I'll take the advice of my agent and friend of 30 years, and go and meet some blokes, and tell them how to duck and dive, and dodge the rules, for the easiest £400K, I'll ever make. What could go wrong...?

You're just a greedy bastard Sam, pure and simple, but hopeully your greed and avarice, will lift the lid on a whole load of corrupt shit in the English game. Meanwhile FIFA, UEFA, Putin, et al, are pissing themselves.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:59 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Embers wrote:
Just imagine, your dream job, maybe just a dream, then one day, it's offered to you...

You're over the moon, you've reached your own zenith, nothing could be better...

I know, I'll take the advice of my agent and friend of 30 years, and go and meet some blokes, and tell them how to duck and dive, and dodge the rules, for the easiest £400K, I'll ever make. What could go wrong...?

You're just a greedy bastard Sam, pure and simple, but hopeully your greed and avarice, will lift the lid on a whole load of corrupt shit in the English game. Meanwhile FIFA, UEFA, Putin, et al, are pissing themselves.

The amount of money in the game will always result in greed and poor judgement. Don't be surprised to see Wolves' name in the press soon, we have been doing lots of deals, I'm sure you could find irregularities in most deals if you look hard enough.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:10 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Stupid beyond belief, but the paper set him up...
I have no problem with exposing his greed but the other revelations is of no interest, and is the stuff of "red top" tabloids.. Who would want the job?

Who would want the job.

With England going back to basics tactically under Allardyce they may with to continue in the same vein.

An Englishman who would look to control the massive egos rather than be a tactical master.

A bloke who would put honesty and good humour back on the table.

A bloke who has experience at World Cup and European championship level and gained results against the best of Nations.

Step forward Mick McCarthy.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat