Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Share On:

Post subject: West Ham...
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

There was no fighting at all there today between West Ham fans 'cos there was nothing for them to stand up to get excited about. :mrgreen:

Long may it continue. 8)

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: West Ham...
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:28 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

SELWolf wrote:
There was no fighting at all there today between West Ham fans 'cos there was nothing for them to stand up to get excited about. :mrgreen:

Long may it continue. 8)

Spoke to a Hammers fan in the boozer the other night. He hates the new ground. No pubs nearby, all the home and away fans are herded in together at a sterile "shopping centre" type train station, and the distance between the fans and the pitch leads to a weird library atmosphere. He has been offered free tickets for future games, which he will choose to decline!

It will take them a long time to settle into their new home me thinks......have Spurs had a lucky escape?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:58 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

hugh jarse wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

Long may it continue. 8)

Spoke to a Hammers fan in the boozer the other night. He hates the new ground. No pubs nearby, all the home and away fans are herded in together at a sterile "shopping centre" type train station, and the distance between the fans and the pitch leads to a weird library atmosphere. He has been offered free tickets for future games, which he will choose to decline!

It will take them a long time to settle into their new home me thinks......have Spurs had a lucky escape?

I gave this boozer up to a Baggies mate of mine for when they visit, it might be a few years before we do :roll: . My daughter lives around Mile End and took us to this place when we visited. You and Embers's pants would never dry with hundreds of gallons of top beer and a fuckin rake of pulled pork and beef gooin on.

http://www.timeout.com/london/bars-and- ... wling-hops

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
hugh jarse wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

Long may it continue. 8)

I gave this boozer up to a Baggies mate of mine for when they visit, it might be a few years before we do :roll: . My daughter lives around Mile End and took us to this place when we visited. You and Embers's pants would never dry with hundreds of gallons of top beer and a fuckin rake of pulled pork and beef gooin on.

http://www.timeout.com/london/bars-and- ... wling-hops

Did the 'Bermondsey Mile', t'other week, where you have all these old railway arches and lock-ups, which are now craft ale breweries, and funky fast food joints. Great fun, but your pants will get wet any road, as where's the bastard bog?!

The biggest irony, was opposite one side of the arches, was an estate, and there was the local estate pub, all boarded up...

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

As for West Ham, they've gone from one of the most intimidating grounds in the country, to one of the most soulless. Add to this, the fans fighting every home game, with some one, but that all seems to be brushed over, by their red-top bum lickers. Millwall would be in the dock, if it was them at fault.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:08 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I always liked west ham for some reason . but as the old saying goes.....fuckem

Post Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

sniff the wolfhound wrote:
I always liked west ham for some reason . but as the old saying goes.....fuckem

I didn't used to have any issues about them but it's the result of having come across a number of unpleasant (up their own arses because of the stadium) fans of theirs that's turned my head.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Interesting that Saddiq Khan wants an enquiry over the Boris negotiations and people are saying the stadium should be pulled down and a new now built to be fit for purpose as it's now going to cost £8 million per year of taxpayers money (that's just next year and it'll no doubt rise thereafter) to take out the seats in the front for the athletics instead of the £300,000 first envisaged.

This issue will run and run. Wet Spam will have to play their first few home games at away venues for the first few weeks of each season.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:48 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Interesting that Saddiq Khan wants an enquiry over the Boris negotiations and people are saying the stadium should be pulled down and a new now built to be fit for purpose as it's now going to cost £8 million per year of taxpayers money (that's just next year and it'll no doubt rise thereafter) to take out the seats in the front for the athletics instead of the £300,000 first envisaged.

This issue will run and run. Wet Spam will have to play their first few home games at away venues for the first few weeks of each season.

It's turned out to be a curse, that souless stadium, hats off to Gold, Sullivan & Brady, you've taken the soul out of football club. I hope they don't give FOSUN a tinkle...

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat