Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

I am off to Bilbao tomorrow to watch 3 games in the area on Saturday and Sunday. Off with three old schoolmates, having a football weekend alongside the Spanish cultures.

Agenda is:

Saturday night: Alaves v Leganes at 17-30.

Sunday morning: Osasuna Pamplona v Sevilla at 11-00 a.m.

Sunday evening: Real Sociedad San Sebastian v Celta Vigo at 17-30.

Hoping to see some good football and goals. Flight to Bilbao with BA from Heathrow was just £79 return, accomodation will be four bed apartments in Vittoria (two nights)and San Sebastian (two nights) at around €20 per person per night, no breakfasts. Bargain. Car hire taking us around the areas and shared four ways. Just need to see if a game is on Monday evening somewhere near to make maximum use of the time. Hasta Luego.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

Wonderful, so envious, have a great time

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Wonderful, so envious, have a great time

Cheers, I will report back on the games etc after I get back on Tuesday afternoon / evening.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

Saturday at 18-30: Alaves 2 Leganes 2.

Good game between two of the promoted teams from last season. Alaves tried to hang on after twice being in the lead but Leganes scored with a header from a late corner to get a point. Great atmosphere from the home fans, non-stop chanting ALL game. Crowd approx. 15,000. Seat ticket cost: €20.00

Sunday at midday: Osasuna 3 Sevilla 4.

Great entertainment but two shaky defences, especially Osasuna's, you can see why they are bottom of the league. Very cold but atmosphere from home fans very good, chanting most of the game. Bizarre decision from the ref who called an offside when an Osasuna player was clean through on goal, yet the linesman, up with play and with a good view, did not put up his flag. The ref gave a bounce up on the edge of the area. Most odd and the home fans brought out their white handkerchiefs in protest at the decision. Two late goals in the last ten minutes put Sevilla 4-2 up before an injury time goal gave the home side hope but to no avail. Crowd: 15,211. Stephen Nzonzi controlled the midfield for Sevilla, a very good player. Seat ticket cost: €30.00

Sunday at 18-30: Real Sociedad 1 Celta Vigo 0.

Poor game overall but the home side should have had the game sewn up by HT as they missed three great chances. Atmosphere very poor, hardly any chanting from the home fans but the athletic track around the pitch is poor to get up an atmosphere and the view leaves you too far away. A goal just twenty minutes from the end, a header from Juanmi won it for the home team, who then hung on grimly in the last fifteen minutes as Vigo decided to have a real go at long last. There was a Ugandan winger called Sosti for Vigo, who is lightening fast and dribbles superbly but needs to have end product as well as use his team mates. Crowd: 19,845. Seat ticket cost: €26.15.

So, three La Liga games watched inside 24 hours or so, twelve goals, two good atmospheres and a good all round Spanish trip. No rain nor snow, very cold overnight but balmy and mild during the daytime. Looking forward to another trip at the same time next season to visit some more stadiums etc. The Basque people are very friendly and amazed that four Brits flew over from the UK to watch 3 games in a day or so. Lovely scenery in Northern Spain in the Basque area, fabulous mountains and rolling hills, like being in Switzerland or Austria.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:54 am 
Manager
Manager

Thanks for that really enjoyable read and looks like you had an enjoyable time.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:04 am 
Manager
Manager

Cheers, KK, it was a great weekend. As an aside, all three games produced FREE programmes, not very large but with line ups and tables and fixtures in. Saves wasting £3 on a glossy brochure that we are asked to buy these days.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:15 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Cheers, KK, it was a great weekend. As an aside, all three games produced FREE programmes, not very large but with line ups and tables and fixtures in. Saves wasting £3 on a glossy brochure that we are asked to buy these days.

Suits me perfectly, I would just go with a one page program, team sheet, thats all I really want.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat