Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Share On:

Post subject: CONFED CUP.
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Well the first match was abject as New Zealand showed the tactical abilities of a five year old, not using their natural qualities.

The Russians you would expect have played copycat of the Barcelona way because they have good first touch and positional awareness.

New Zealand the exact opposites, they just lack good techniques and have loose control coupled with poor spacing relative to team mates and opposition.

For any coach of a New Zealand side, spread your team out, play fast and furious and make it a physical encounter.
Dont play a technical game against technical opponents.

Today we have Mexico a nation that has provided the world with new fascinating tactical theory as adopted by the likes of Pep while at Barcelona.

Yep, Salida Lavolpiana..Ricardo La Volpe

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY5jOvG0u74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjNfvztypMA

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: CONFED CUP.
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:17 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Yep, you can see the influence of ice hockey on Russian football.

Not impressed with the video replay stuff, completely disjointing the flow and dodgy decisions are part of football for me.

Loved Chile yesterday, the legacy of Bielsa lives on, Cameroon a typically disorganised African team they could have, should have taken more advantage of. Portugal your normal Mediterranean peasant team, not giving anything away, always cheating and only trying to nick something. Mexico deserved more.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:14 pm 
First XI
First XI

As a US fan, I shouldn't be saying this, but Mexico are fun to watch. Their domestic league is one of the most entertaining in the world IMO. Rather watch Liga MX than a Jose Mourinho special. Seems backward since they're a rival, but I root for Mexico to do well as a national team. It'll spur the US on and bring some respect to North American footy.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:01 am 
Manager
Manager

MichiganWolf wrote:
As a US fan, I shouldn't be saying this, but Mexico are fun to watch. Their domestic league is one of the most entertaining in the world IMO. Rather watch Liga MX than a Jose Mourinho special. Seems backward since they're a rival, but I root for Mexico to do well as a national team. It'll spur the US on and bring some respect to North American footy.

Mexico are one of those countries that I always want to watch.

Love their outlook and love their attitude, its as good as it gets.

Hector Moreno would have been perfect as a left sided defender for Wolves next season, tremendous player who moved for a great price.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:35 pm 
First XI
First XI

knocker knowles wrote:
MichiganWolf wrote:

Mexico are one of those countries that I always want to watch.

Love their outlook and love their attitude, its as good as it gets.

Hector Moreno would have been perfect as a left sided defender for Wolves next season, tremendous player who moved for a great price.

Moreno will fit in well with Roma. Though I'm nervous about a post-Totti hangover. And Roma have to sell Salah to balance the books and I'm not confident they'll be able to replace his production. If you offered me a third place finish for Roma next year, I'd take it no questions asked.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:48 am 
Manager
Manager

Seems that Roma are in for a full back I have been touting as a potential Wolves signing the Dutchman Ricky Karsdrop.
A player strangely not getting a look in at International level, a player with the best delivery of the ball in Holland last season.

A Dutch Kieran Trippeir who could be excellent after a period of adjustment, though England might be better suited to his talents rather than Italy.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:47 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Alex Gersbach looks a decent player. Wouldn't mind him at Wolves.

I like Bassogog aswell. Although I would guess he isn't 21. Decision making is a bit dodgy.

Cameroon have so much power and pace but lack the passing side of the game.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:17 pm 
First XI
First XI

With better finishing, Russia would be up on Mexico and moving onto the knockouts in their home country. But it looks like Portugal and Mexico will move onto the knockout stage. One will play Chile and another Germany. Matchups still to be determined.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat