Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Share On:

Post subject: England Under 19s
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Just watched England Under 19s beat Germany 4-1. The first half was a bit dull, with a draw being good enough for both sides to qualify for the semis, but the game came in to life, in the second half, first with a brace from Ben Brereton, then a brace from Ryan Sessegnon, either side of a Germany goal.

Some decent players on show, and Brereton looks a good prospect, and along with the Under 20s success, have England finally got some success to look forward to? Also, I expected more from the Germans, hearing how they've been planning, years ahead of England, yet they were also spanked by the Dutch.

Knocker, what do you know about the reputation of Keith Downing as a coach? First Albion, now England Under 20s.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: England Under 19s
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

England face the Czech Republic in the semi-finals

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Just watched England Under 19s beat Germany 4-1. The first half was a bit dull, with a draw being good enough for both sides to qualify for the semis, but the game came in to life, in the second half, first with a brace from Ben Brereton, then a brace from Ryan Sessegnon, either side of a Germany goal.

Some decent players on show, and Brereton looks a good prospect, and along with the Under 20s success, have England finally got some success to look forward to? Also, I expected more from the Germans, hearing how they've been planning, years ahead of England, yet they were also spanked by the Dutch.

Knocker, what do you know about the reputation of Keith Downing as a coach? First Albion, now England Under 20s.

I fear for any English coach of English players because as a nation it doesn't have a mind to create players of the type that would win International tournaments.

England are great at creating the blockbuster movie not the Oscar winner.
Thats not wrong or right its just the way it is. Football lite.

Léo Bonatini using the space Wolves have neglected for decades.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:49 am 
Manager
Manager

England are doing extremely well in all youth categories. Better than we've probably ever done before. There's no doubt the future England team is going to be a lot better than the current one, just a matter of how much and will it be enough.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:16 am 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
England are doing extremely well in all youth categories. Better than we've probably ever done before. There's no doubt the future England team is going to be a lot better than the current one, just a matter of how much and will it be enough.

I wish I was as optimistic but tactically I still see English players miles away from their continental rivals.

Yes there is more of a patience, a better in house culture, but that culture is still raw and under developed.

If we take the new Wolves squad and coach as an example what will hold the old guard back from gaining recognition under Nuno is the lack of tactical understanding.

If we just look at the fans forums or local newspapers the writers will be writing about formations.

The games moved on.

At interview Nuno will reduce his thoughts just to get that process out of the way, he wont go into his detail.
He wont go into his zones of play how they link to create a fluency.

He wont be talking about how Miranda is expected to create passing angles for the full back or a holding midfield player.
He wont be speaking about how fluency is the new byword not set formations, thats old hat.

We are not going to get fan education, just look around at newspaper journalists, bloggers, forums.

The tactical aspect is not discussed, and that kind of interest within the average English household is much the same, football lite.

The English dont want it, they dont want highbrow football with chess like strategy.

So when you take those kids from those households who talk football in easy pub language they cant adapt.

Its nigh on impossible for English kids to switch on to deep tactical thinking for what 6 hours a week and retain then use that knowledge.

Thats why few English players make the Premier league and why English managers never make the grade in the top leagues.

England is B and C steam when it comes to football on the university campus.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:40 am 
Manager
Manager

Youth tournaments are an uneven field as the best talents at those ages are no longer present, having already been fast tracked to senior level. I don't see England doing much at international level for the foreseeable future.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:00 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Youth tournaments are an uneven field as the best talents at those ages are no longer present, having already been fast tracked to senior level. I don't see England doing much at international level for the foreseeable future.

England would have to produce good tactical thinkers in key positions to change course within a game.

Players who feel the change before it becomes noticeable on the touchline, then be allowed to implement that change.

There's not the rounded confidence or ability to do that. Mentality just doesn't bend enough.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

https://twitter.com/thfcacademy/status/ ... 8973929475

A goal you'd expect from a German or Spanish side.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

Now for the Final..Portugal on Saturday

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:59 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Now for the Final..Portugal on Saturday

Four Benfica players in the squad, three will start, scouting Wolves future.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

European Champions

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:16 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
European Champions

Twas squeaky bum time in the last 10 minutes, especially after the red card, but the Three Lions stood firm. Well done lads.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:12 am 
Manager
Manager

This piece is relevant even though its about another sport because its about money and facilities at grass roots level.

Money coming from the highest level, the pro players pot.

Keep an eye on the Aussie pay issues, its key for continued youngster development.
At the moment the Aussie facilities for ALL sports are outstanding, ten times better than the UK for grass roots.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/pit ... xbtkm.html

Post Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:45 am 
Manager
Manager

Knocker...all change at managerial level, suggests to me they rate Downing?

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat