Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: WBA thread....
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

at this point they would have to win 7 of the remaining 9 games to finish on 41 points

5 wins would put them on 35 points.

whilst its still mathematically possible, there is no chance.

www.vwcaddy.com

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:45 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

whelp wrote:
at this point they would have to win 7 of the remaining 9 games to finish on 41 points

They are down mate, I work with a season ticket holder and most of their players have given up, what is more interesting is what will happen next season. I have doubts over their owners ambitions, I think he payed £150 million for them and they will be worth less than a third of that after relegation, those parachute payments may be getting siphoned off and there may be a few lean years ahead for the poor dears

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
whelp wrote:

They are down mate, I work with a season ticket holder and most of their players have given up, what is more interesting is what will happen next season. I have doubts over their owners ambitions, I think he payed £150 million for them and they will be worth less than a third of that after relegation, those parachute payments may be getting siphoned off and there may be a few lean years ahead for the poor dears

It's ironic, Peace ran a good ship for years and they were buoyant, then as soon as he decided to cut and run, all that good work will be for nought.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:46 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Shows the fragility of modern football - and it is increasingly so....

Just ask the supporters of Portsmouth, Blackburn, Leeds.... All dancing with the big boys and toying with top 6 and Europe.... and then....

That is why, as always in life, one should be kind whilst on the way up to those on the way down.... cos you never know when the escalators will reverse....

(That said - it is hard to watch the present demise of Blues & Baggies and Potters (and the wasting of money at Villa attracting non-re-saleable old crocks and paying fortunes in wages) without a glimmer of satisfaction after all the tough recent years for Wolves fans!)

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

Gravity catching up with them finally. Pulis was a big mistake, hard to change styles so dramatically.

Looking at Southampton, Stoke and West Brom's line ups at the weekend. Pretty poor, bodes well for when we go up.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:00 am 
Manager
Manager

Interesting goings on alleged at The Hawthorns. I don't have an issue about the gay players having a relationship (if it's true) but the African player putting up posters about it on religious grounds (if true) is summat to be derided.

It's a rocky sea the good ship Albion is sailing and if they want rid of Hardpoo then it's going to be a real baptism of fire for his successor if the rumours are true.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:07 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Interesting goings on alleged at The Hawthorns. I don't have an issue about the gay players having a relationship (if it's true) but the African player putting up posters about it on religious grounds (if true) is summat to be derided.

It's a rocky sea the good ship Albion is sailing and if they want rid of Hardpoo then it's going to be a real baptism of fire for his successor if the rumours are true.

I was reading that thread on Molmix. Wish I didn't, talk about toxic :shock: :cry:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:38 am 
Manager
Manager

When you accept a huge contract to play for a club you join a team. If your actions off the pitch affect the team as a whole on it, then you should be prepared to modify them.

Personal preferences are just that. Yours and yours alone. Join a Team and you should be prepared to work for that team's success. Perhaps keeping your sexual or religious feelings in the locker or left at home, the way forward if you wish to remain in that team.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:46 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
When you accept a huge contract to play for a club you join a team. If your actions off the pitch affect the team as a whole on it, then you should be prepared to modify them.

Personal preferences are just that. Yours and yours alone. Join a Team and you should be prepared to work for that team's success. Perhaps keeping your sexual or religious feelings in the locker or left at home, the way forward if you wish to remain in that team.

Imagine if they still had one of them big team baths :shock:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:03 am 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:

Imagine if they still had one of them big team baths :shock:

Imagine if the shit had Sir Alex in charge or our Bill ?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

I was reading that thread on Molmix. Wish I didn't, talk about toxic :shock: :cry:

I've since discovered that the incident(s) date back over ten years. The allegations were made by Karl Hoefkens who played for Stoke and Albion between 2005 and 2006 and his comments refer to a Prem team he played for...so it could also have been Stoke being the team in question.

However, it's all old news.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
whelp wrote:

It's ironic, Peace ran a good ship for years and they were buoyant, then as soon as he decided to cut and run, all that good work will be for nought.

they are down, my baggies mate has said they are down around 5 matches ago. they just really don't look like turning it around. and there's an awful lot of average teams in the prem this year.

the point about Peace is spot on, careful what you wish for methinks.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Oh dear, they lost again. :D

Repeat and surely 'doomed' now. Do I feel sorry for their supporters, do I fook, CHOKE ON IT as I'd rather be labelled a Dingle than a C**T. :wink:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

And on the subject of supporter's and horrible one's, Stoke are going down too...lol

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:29 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Lambert, Hughes and Pardew doing wonders for British football again :roll: How do they keep getting jobs?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:26 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43435262

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:43 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43435262

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Will make a fine manager for WBA .

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

You really would have thought they would have sacked Pardew by now. With their present financial hardship its looking like they cannot afford to pay him the necessary compensation he would e due. Which means they are waiting to be relegated when probably clauses in his contract will kick in and make him much cheaper to dispose of.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:48 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mowgli wrote:
You really would have thought they would have sacked Pardew by now. With their present financial hardship its looking like they cannot afford to pay him the necessary compensation he would e due. Which means they are waiting to be relegated when probably clauses in his contract will kick in and make him much cheaper to dispose of.

Yes they can let him go for nothing at the end of the season, binning him now would mean paying compensation, and it's too late for a replacement to come in and do anything with that shower anyway

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

I never thought I'd write this, but they would have done better with Megson, but they didn't, and the world is a better place for it.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

I reckon that McCarthy will leave Ipswich at the end of the season and take over at The Shit.... :shock: :roll:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
I reckon that McCarthy will leave Ipswich at the end of the season and take over at The Shit.... :shock: :roll:

Mick is leaving Ipswich, and would be perfect for Albion on a budget.
But I still have love in my heart for Mick, so please don't do it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:14 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:

Time for Mick to retire, even the Championship has moved on a few technical levels to what Mick can produce.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:09 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Time for Mick to retire, even the Championship has moved on a few technical levels to what Mick can produce.

And Warnock,.... erm

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:21 am 
Manager
Manager

Can't really see the point of flying a small plane over Sandwell to gloat. A bomber, certainly. A banner just shows no ambition. I thought we were better than that ?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Can't really see the point of flying a small plane over Sandwell to gloat. A bomber, certainly. A banner just shows no ambition. I thought we were better than that ?

I thought the two Wolves chaps taking a slash on the Hawthorns centre spot, after a game, was more classy.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:

I thought the two Wolves chaps taking a slash on the Hawthorns centre spot, after a game, was more classy.

And environmentally a success.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

And Warnock,.... erm

Good point.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

Mick has won promotion from this league twice. He's stuck with a crap Ipswich side with little money to spend but has still managed to get them top half. He ain't done yet.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Mick has won promotion from this league twice. He's stuck with a crap Ipswich side with little money to spend but has still managed to get them top half. He ain't done yet.

When I saw Mick and his missus the once, I fancy she likes a bit of sun, as she looked like she'd been dipped in Cuprinol. Perhaps retirement to the Costas could be the best option.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat