Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:01 am 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11894
Location: Wolverhampton
I was chatting to Smithy on facebook a few weeks ago. He's a former member of the-wolf and an alright bloke for a boggie.

He also attended and helped out at one of the 'Children in Need' games the forum participated in.

Anyway, Smithy was adamant that WBA were not going to get relegated, and Wolves weren't going to get promoted.

Image

I wonder what he's thinking now? :lol:

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:20 am 
Offline
First XI
First XI
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 1873
Location: Lambertville, Michigan
He'll at least get half of his predictions wrong.

Fulham seem certain to go down. Cardiff have looked horrible the last few months outside of the match against Fulham, I think they'll go down as well. Sunderland have shown some fight and they have matches in hand. I don't expect the Baggies to start playing well, but I don't expect them to lay down either. It'll depend on how Sunderland do down the stretch.

I would bet money on Cardiff and Fulham going down, but it's a toss up b/w the Baggies and Sunderland IMO. Gun to my head and I think they go down


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:06 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11203
They won't go down, their rivals all missed a trick today aside from the meaningless Cardiff-Fulham game.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:12 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Cannock.
Looking the fixtures the next four games look crucial for the Albion, they need at least two wins minimum from that sequence.

_________________
he first twenty years of life contain the whole of experience. The rest is observation. Graham Greene

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:40 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Cannock.
shropswolf wrote:
They won't go down, their rivals all missed a trick today aside from the meaningless Cardiff-Fulham game.


I was absolutely gob smacked that for such a crucial game Pulis didn't select Tom Ince.

Flabber was gasted on that one.

_________________
he first twenty years of life contain the whole of experience. The rest is observation. Graham Greene

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11203
knocker knowles wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
They won't go down, their rivals all missed a trick today aside from the meaningless Cardiff-Fulham game.


I was absolutely gob smacked that for such a crucial game Pulis didn't select Tom Ince.

Flabber was gasted on that one.


It was a lovely fixture for Palace, home against one of the only two teams in the league playing for nothing, the crowd usually right up for it at Selhurst but a totally limp and flat performance. Really poor stuff by the team.

Palace always manage to get relegated immediately from the PL so I'd put them ahead of Albion any day for the drop.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:06 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 22734
Location: Cannock.
shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
They won't go down, their rivals all missed a trick today aside from the meaningless Cardiff-Fulham game.


I was absolutely gob smacked that for such a crucial game Pulis didn't select Tom Ince.

Flabber was gasted on that one.


It was a lovely fixture for Palace, home against one of the only two teams in the league playing for nothing, the crowd usually right up for it at Selhurst but a totally limp and flat performance. Really poor stuff by the team.

Palace always manage to get relegated immediately from the PL so I'd put them ahead of Albion any day for the drop.


I have Palace or Norwich not sure which one, the CEO at Norwich could get them relegated, difficult enough for the manager.

_________________
he first twenty years of life contain the whole of experience. The rest is observation. Graham Greene

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:31 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:39 pm
Posts: 4618
Location: Manchester
Pepe Mel is making a right Terry Connor of things

_________________
https://twitter.com/Mike_Wolf23

"Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! UNBELIEVABLE!" - Gary Neville 2012


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:48 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Personally, I'd rather play them in the Premier than in the Championship albeit, they have had a Great Escape mentality in the past under Megson (I think), but of late I have been reading reports of disharmony amongst the playing ranks after the sacking of their Manager and the sacking rumours surrounding his successor.

As long as their fans are biting their nails down to the knuckle and the Fat Lady sits in their player's tunnel waiting to be wheeled into their centre circle - I'm quite content insofar as we still need to win this League before we can start laughing at them.

TBH, I am a becoming a little tired of US always having to play catch-up where the Albion are concerned, it is time the tables were turned in our favour again.

Ps. Smithy continues to talk utter shite. :wink:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:10 pm 
Offline
First XI
First XI
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 1873
Location: Lambertville, Michigan
Captain Chris Brunt out for up to 6 weeks according to E&S. Injury to insult for their season


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:35 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11894
Location: Wolverhampton
I despise the bloke but he makes a good point on this occasion. :lol:

Quote:
"Remember, for every Mauricio Pochettino theres a Pepe Mel."


http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... st-6799763

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:25 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:09 pm
Posts: 2746
Location: Hinckley
If Albion are to stay up, then they must start winning games, something they have not yet done since Mel was appointed as manager.

_________________
Out of darkness cometh light, out of Scotland came Frank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRKBAmir50


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:50 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:05 pm
Posts: 3284
The worse team in the Prem. No pace, no goals and Lugano.

_________________
https://twitter.com/DanGwwfc do it you know you want to


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:54 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20172
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
Dan G WWFC wrote:
The worse team in the Prem. No pace, no goals and Lugano.


I agree with all of the above but I disagree that they're the worst team in the PL. There are still 3 teams who are worse and will unfortunately keep them up.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:11 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:28 pm
Posts: 4925
Cally wrote:
Dan G WWFC wrote:
The worse team in the Prem. No pace, no goals and Lugano.


I agree with all of the above but I disagree that they're the worst team in the PL. There are still 3 teams who are worse and will unfortunately keep them up.


Who do you think are the three Cally?
Im not so sure there are at the moment.
Think they have gone.

_________________
Neighhhh.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:49 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11203
Dan G WWFC wrote:
The worse team in the Prem. No pace, no goals and Lugano.


Unfortunately Lugano has got himself injured.

I still (sadly) say they will not go down, they have a tendency to spawn points here and there (ie Cech missing a cross - 1 point, Kolo Toure teeing up a goal for them - 1 point - Steckenberg throwing the ball into his own net - 1 point).

Then for competition, you've clubs on full-on self-destruct mode like Sunderland (always worth an own goal/red card/daft backpass) and Fulham (dead as a donkey with almost literally zero goal threat). Cardiff have looked like beating nobody for months until finally a game vs the clowns of Fulham, in which their manager selects a front 2 of a rusty Greek and a slow YTS lad.

Palace blowing a home game to on the beach Southampton was a big bonus for the Albion, as Palace don't win away games and their home games to come are tricky, plus you have Norwich with a final 4 fixtures from hell. Swansea too haven't beaten anyone outside of the dropzone in months and can't keep clean sheets.

Far too much dross in that league, even Connor would've had a chance of winning a game down there.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:34 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:39 pm
Posts: 4618
Location: Manchester
shropswolf wrote:
Dan G WWFC wrote:
The worse team in the Prem. No pace, no goals and Lugano.


Unfortunately Lugano has got himself injured.

I still (sadly) say they will not go down, they have a tendency to spawn points here and there (ie Cech missing a cross - 1 point, Kolo Toure teeing up a goal for them - 1 point - Steckenberg throwing the ball into his own net - 1 point).

Then for competition, you've clubs on full-on self-destruct mode like Sunderland (always worth an own goal/red card/daft backpass) and Fulham (dead as a donkey with almost literally zero goal threat). Cardiff have looked like beating nobody for months until finally a game vs the clowns of Fulham, in which their manager selects a front 2 of a rusty Greek and a slow YTS lad.

Palace blowing a home game to on the beach Southampton was a big bonus for the Albion, as Palace don't win away games and their home games to come are tricky, plus you have Norwich with a final 4 fixtures from hell. Swansea too haven't beaten anyone outside of the dropzone in months and can't keep clean sheets.

Far too much dross in that league, even Connor would've had a chance of winning a game down there.

Yup, possibly one of the worst premier leagues in ages in terms of quality.

Still think they will drop as they're relying on a striker they don't even start to get results (well draws)

_________________
https://twitter.com/Mike_Wolf23

"Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! UNBELIEVABLE!" - Gary Neville 2012


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:06 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20172
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
Stallion Wolf wrote:
Cally wrote:
Dan G WWFC wrote:
The worse team in the Prem. No pace, no goals and Lugano.


I agree with all of the above but I disagree that they're the worst team in the PL. There are still 3 teams who are worse and will unfortunately keep them up.


Who do you think are the three Cally?
Im not so sure there are at the moment.
Think they have gone.


I agree that there's no clear 3 candidates for relegation, maybe 2, definitely 1 (Fulham). My logic comes from the fact that the Albion have an infuriating knack of getting themselves out of trouble and just doing enough (bit like us one season I suppose). I suppose I just can't see it happening, as much as I said last season how much they overachieved I did think they'd be in the mix but not relegated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:14 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34536
Location: S E London, near Kent
Quote:

Who do you think are the three Cally?
Im not so sure there are at the moment.
Think they have gone.


Cally wrote:
I agree that there's no clear 3 candidates for relegation, maybe 2, definitely 1 (Fulham). My logic comes from the fact that the Albion have an infuriating knack of getting themselves out of trouble and just doing enough (bit like us one season I suppose). I suppose I just can't see it happening, as much as I said last season how much they overachieved I did think they'd be in the mix but not relegated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk


Yeah, Sunderland, Cardiff and Fulham are walking on very thin ice. But it'll be a close run thing.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:37 am
Posts: 5524
i reckon the shit will stay up too - pathetic win record but you've got to go up to the top half to see sides beaten less than them

still, the winless streak is quite the monkey on their back so the longer they go without winning the better

_________________
Out of darkness cometh a chink of light


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:03 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:39 pm
Posts: 4618
Location: Manchester
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01s642z

Fast forward to the 53rd minute to listen to Lee the shit fan.

I'm sure this guy phones in every week having a massive rant on free radio just after the wolves game.

He's great!

_________________
https://twitter.com/Mike_Wolf23

"Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! UNBELIEVABLE!" - Gary Neville 2012


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:08 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20172
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
Apparently Anelka has resigned after failing to agree with the club over his reintegration. Wheels coming off. I know we're in no position to gloat but I'm so pleased we're not the laughing stock of the Midlands anymore.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:13 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20172
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
Looks like he's terminated his contract.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk


Attachments:
uploadfromtaptalk1394820755727.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1394820755727.jpg [ 109.2 KiB | Viewed 8245 times ]
Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:07 pm 
Offline
First XI
First XI
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 1873
Location: Lambertville, Michigan
Despite getting three points today, things are still really tight at the bottom for the Baggies.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:49 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11203
They're fine now. Over the remaining games, they'll at worst match Fulham, Cardiff and Palace - probably Norwich too.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:02 am 
Offline
First XI
First XI
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 1873
Location: Lambertville, Michigan
shropswolf wrote:
They're fine now. Over the remaining games, they'll at worst match Fulham, Cardiff and Palace - probably Norwich too.


They still have 6 pointers left with Cardiff, Sunderland and Norwich so I think it's a bit too early to say they'll be fine. Also still have to play Tottenham, Man City and Arsenal.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:18 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:39 pm
Posts: 4618
Location: Manchester
West Brom fans, why the long face?

_________________
https://twitter.com/Mike_Wolf23

"Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! UNBELIEVABLE!" - Gary Neville 2012


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:10 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Didn't do themselves any favours today against the Sheep Shaggers did they. :lol:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:35 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20172
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
Quote:
I officially hate the Albion. They make me sick. They make me want to cry. I allowed myself to race around the lounge and punch the air with delight. Then I'm crushed. I don't want anything to do with them again. 60 years of being let down when it matters with the odd bit of success to keep you interested. Well no more.
Shove it Peace and co. I'm outta here! Bye everyone


Remember when that was us? It's so nice when the boot is on the other foot!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:56 pm 
Offline
First XI
First XI
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 1873
Location: Lambertville, Michigan
Had the chance to pull themselves pretty clear of the relegation battle. Blew a 2 goal lead, then a one goal lead. Nobody to blame but themselves. If Fulham sneak points tomorrow and Sunderland on Monday.........


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron