Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:01 am 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

I was chatting to Smithy on facebook a few weeks ago. He's a former member of the-wolf and an alright bloke for a boggie.

He also attended and helped out at one of the 'Children in Need' games the forum participated in.

Anyway, Smithy was adamant that WBA were not going to get relegated, and Wolves weren't going to get promoted.

I wonder what he's thinking now? :lol:

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:20 am 
First XI
First XI

He'll at least get half of his predictions wrong.

Fulham seem certain to go down. Cardiff have looked horrible the last few months outside of the match against Fulham, I think they'll go down as well. Sunderland have shown some fight and they have matches in hand. I don't expect the Baggies to start playing well, but I don't expect them to lay down either. It'll depend on how Sunderland do down the stretch.

I would bet money on Cardiff and Fulham going down, but it's a toss up b/w the Baggies and Sunderland IMO. Gun to my head and I think they go down

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:06 am 
Manager
Manager

They won't go down, their rivals all missed a trick today aside from the meaningless Cardiff-Fulham game.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:12 am 
Manager
Manager

Looking the fixtures the next four games look crucial for the Albion, they need at least two wins minimum from that sequence.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:40 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
They won't go down, their rivals all missed a trick today aside from the meaningless Cardiff-Fulham game.

I was absolutely gob smacked that for such a crucial game Pulis didn't select Tom Ince.

Flabber was gasted on that one.

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

I was absolutely gob smacked that for such a crucial game Pulis didn't select Tom Ince.

It was a lovely fixture for Palace, home against one of the only two teams in the league playing for nothing, the crowd usually right up for it at Selhurst but a totally limp and flat performance. Really poor stuff by the team.

Palace always manage to get relegated immediately from the PL so I'd put them ahead of Albion any day for the drop.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

It was a lovely fixture for Palace, home against one of the only two teams in the league playing for nothing, the crowd usually right up for it at Selhurst but a totally limp and flat performance. Really poor stuff by the team.

Palace always manage to get relegated immediately from the PL so I'd put them ahead of Albion any day for the drop.

I have Palace or Norwich not sure which one, the CEO at Norwich could get them relegated, difficult enough for the manager.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Pepe Mel is making a right Terry Connor of things

"Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! UNBELIEVABLE!" - Gary Neville 2012

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:48 am 
Manager
Manager

Personally, I'd rather play them in the Premier than in the Championship albeit, they have had a Great Escape mentality in the past under Megson (I think), but of late I have been reading reports of disharmony amongst the playing ranks after the sacking of their Manager and the sacking rumours surrounding his successor.

As long as their fans are biting their nails down to the knuckle and the Fat Lady sits in their player's tunnel waiting to be wheeled into their centre circle - I'm quite content insofar as we still need to win this League before we can start laughing at them.

TBH, I am a becoming a little tired of US always having to play catch-up where the Albion are concerned, it is time the tables were turned in our favour again.

Ps. Smithy continues to talk utter shite. :wink:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:10 pm 
First XI
First XI

Captain Chris Brunt out for up to 6 weeks according to E&S. Injury to insult for their season

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:35 pm 

I despise the bloke but he makes a good point on this occasion. :lol:

Quote:
"Remember, for every Mauricio Pochettino theres a Pepe Mel."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... st-6799763

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:25 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

If Albion are to stay up, then they must start winning games, something they have not yet done since Mel was appointed as manager.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRKBAmir50

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:50 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

The worse team in the Prem. No pace, no goals and Lugano.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:54 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Dan G WWFC wrote:

I agree with all of the above but I disagree that they're the worst team in the PL. There are still 3 teams who are worse and will unfortunately keep them up.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
Dan G WWFC wrote:

I agree with all of the above but I disagree that they're the worst team in the PL. There are still 3 teams who are worse and will unfortunately keep them up.

Who do you think are the three Cally?
Im not so sure there are at the moment.
Think they have gone.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Dan G WWFC wrote:

Unfortunately Lugano has got himself injured.

I still (sadly) say they will not go down, they have a tendency to spawn points here and there (ie Cech missing a cross - 1 point, Kolo Toure teeing up a goal for them - 1 point - Steckenberg throwing the ball into his own net - 1 point).

Then for competition, you've clubs on full-on self-destruct mode like Sunderland (always worth an own goal/red card/daft backpass) and Fulham (dead as a donkey with almost literally zero goal threat). Cardiff have looked like beating nobody for months until finally a game vs the clowns of Fulham, in which their manager selects a front 2 of a rusty Greek and a slow YTS lad.

Palace blowing a home game to on the beach Southampton was a big bonus for the Albion, as Palace don't win away games and their home games to come are tricky, plus you have Norwich with a final 4 fixtures from hell. Swansea too haven't beaten anyone outside of the dropzone in months and can't keep clean sheets.

Far too much dross in that league, even Connor would've had a chance of winning a game down there.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Dan G WWFC wrote:

Unfortunately Lugano has got himself injured.

I still (sadly) say they will not go down, they have a tendency to spawn points here and there (ie Cech missing a cross - 1 point, Kolo Toure teeing up a goal for them - 1 point - Steckenberg throwing the ball into his own net - 1 point).

Then for competition, you've clubs on full-on self-destruct mode like Sunderland (always worth an own goal/red card/daft backpass) and Fulham (dead as a donkey with almost literally zero goal threat). Cardiff have looked like beating nobody for months until finally a game vs the clowns of Fulham, in which their manager selects a front 2 of a rusty Greek and a slow YTS lad.

Palace blowing a home game to on the beach Southampton was a big bonus for the Albion, as Palace don't win away games and their home games to come are tricky, plus you have Norwich with a final 4 fixtures from hell. Swansea too haven't beaten anyone outside of the dropzone in months and can't keep clean sheets.

Far too much dross in that league, even Connor would've had a chance of winning a game down there.

Yup, possibly one of the worst premier leagues in ages in terms of quality.

Still think they will drop as they're relying on a striker they don't even start to get results (well draws)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:06 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Stallion Wolf wrote:
Cally wrote:
Dan G WWFC wrote:

Think they have gone.

I agree that there's no clear 3 candidates for relegation, maybe 2, definitely 1 (Fulham). My logic comes from the fact that the Albion have an infuriating knack of getting themselves out of trouble and just doing enough (bit like us one season I suppose). I suppose I just can't see it happening, as much as I said last season how much they overachieved I did think they'd be in the mix but not relegated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

Quote:

Think they have gone.

Cally wrote:
I agree that there's no clear 3 candidates for relegation, maybe 2, definitely 1 (Fulham). My logic comes from the fact that the Albion have an infuriating knack of getting themselves out of trouble and just doing enough (bit like us one season I suppose). I suppose I just can't see it happening, as much as I said last season how much they overachieved I did think they'd be in the mix but not relegated.

Yeah, Sunderland, Cardiff and Fulham are walking on very thin ice. But it'll be a close run thing.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

i reckon the shit will stay up too - pathetic win record but you've got to go up to the top half to see sides beaten less than them

still, the winless streak is quite the monkey on their back so the longer they go without winning the better

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:03 am 
Manager
Manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01s642z

Fast forward to the 53rd minute to listen to Lee the shit fan.

I'm sure this guy phones in every week having a massive rant on free radio just after the wolves game.

He's great!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:08 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Apparently Anelka has resigned after failing to agree with the club over his reintegration. Wheels coming off. I know we're in no position to gloat but I'm so pleased we're not the laughing stock of the Midlands anymore.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:13 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Looks like he's terminated his contract.

Attachments:
uploadfromtaptalk1394820755727.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1394820755727.jpg [ 109.2 KiB | Viewed 8245 times ]

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:07 pm 
First XI
First XI

Despite getting three points today, things are still really tight at the bottom for the Baggies.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:49 am 
Manager
Manager

They're fine now. Over the remaining games, they'll at worst match Fulham, Cardiff and Palace - probably Norwich too.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:02 am 
First XI
First XI

shropswolf wrote:
They're fine now. Over the remaining games, they'll at worst match Fulham, Cardiff and Palace - probably Norwich too.

They still have 6 pointers left with Cardiff, Sunderland and Norwich so I think it's a bit too early to say they'll be fine. Also still have to play Tottenham, Man City and Arsenal.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

West Brom fans, why the long face?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

Didn't do themselves any favours today against the Sheep Shaggers did they. :lol:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:35 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I officially hate the Albion. They make me sick. They make me want to cry. I allowed myself to race around the lounge and punch the air with delight. Then I'm crushed. I don't want anything to do with them again. 60 years of being let down when it matters with the odd bit of success to keep you interested. Well no more.
Shove it Peace and co. I'm outta here! Bye everyone

Remember when that was us? It's so nice when the boot is on the other foot!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:56 pm 
First XI
First XI

Had the chance to pull themselves pretty clear of the relegation battle. Blew a 2 goal lead, then a one goal lead. Nobody to blame but themselves. If Fulham sneak points tomorrow and Sunderland on Monday.........

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat