Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ha, I did.

I also noticed, but decided not to put it in the match report because it was already a bit long, that in the warmup, when Gallen was laying the ball off for shooting practice on players' left foot, Edwards was the only one who hit the shot on his left, and didn't angle his body to take it with his right instead. Of course he screwed it horribly wide... but at least he had a go

I write about Wolves

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

toomb wrote:
I still wish our midfield had more facial hair, but they dovetailed nicely today : http://bit.ly/1M7Lrn8

Quote:
I feel it's easy to rewrite history at times, with anger at the club's transfer dealings over the summer. For me, Richard Stearman was massively overrated last season, yet his performances have almost taken on a mythical status. At the end of last season, I said that centre half was the first position I'd strengthen, with ideally a replacement for Stearman.

But then, you go on to talk about Goalkeepers. :? What did you really want to say or forgot to say in the heat of the moment?

I don't agree with your synopsis of Henry either as I thought his finishing was PANTS albeit, as I said in the Matchday Sticky, that I love the guy for his entertainment value, his tricks, his positioning, his effort and so on, but his final ball (dead or live) leaves something lacking of an all round athlete and is why he is here and not in the Premier League. How the fook can you fook up a corner kick for example.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
toomb wrote:
I still wish our midfield had more facial hair, but they dovetailed nicely today : http://bit.ly/1M7Lrn8

Quote:
I feel it's easy to rewrite history at times, with anger at the club's transfer dealings over the summer. For me, Richard Stearman was massively overrated last season, yet his performances have almost taken on a mythical status. At the end of last season, I said that centre half was the first position I'd strengthen, with ideally a replacement for Stearman.

But then, you go on to talk about Goalkeepers. :? What did you really want to say or forgot to say in the heat of the moment?

I don't agree with your synopsis of Henry either as I thought his finishing was PANTS albeit, as I said in the Matchday Sticky, that I love the guy for his entertainment value, his tricks, his positioning, his effort and so on, but his final ball (dead or live) leaves something lacking of an all round athlete and is why he is here and not in the Premier League. How the fook can you fook up a corner kick for example.

More a point that the replacement of Stearman and Ikeme have been heavily criticised this season. In my mind, on the train back, those two were linked. Now, may be not so much.

With Henry, I thought generally his delivery decent today - I'm normally critical of it, especially his tendency to overhit everything, but I thought his crossing from open play was good. And I thought we looked more threatening from corners, aiming for Williamson rather than Batth

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:08 pm 
First XI
First XI

Corners were a bit better. Having someone tall who knows how to get in position beyond the far post helped! Our corners were OK, not great, but their's were terrible.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

Pretty drab match: Wolves 0-0 Burnley

http://bit.ly/1NX33S0

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

That was one of your more succinct reports to date and I guess you were so bored by it all that you couldn't find much to write about. :lol:

However, was this a typo or am I being thick because as many times as I read it, I still cannot understand what you mean:-

Quote:
After four defeats in five, today saw a tough game with the Wolves side of 2009 Burnley finish 0-0

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:40 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
That was one of your more succinct reports to date and I guess you were so bored by it all that you couldn't find much to write about. :lol:

However, was this a typo or am I being thick because as many times as I read it, I still cannot understand what you mean:-

Quote:
After four defeats in five, today saw a tough game with the Wolves side of 2009, Burnley, finish 0-0

Stephen Ward, Michael Kightly, Sam Vokes and David Jones were all in the Burnley squad.

I have added a couple of commas which might also help.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

Quote:
After four defeats in five, today saw a tough game with the Wolves side of 2009, Burnley, finish 0-0

Stephen Ward, Michael Kightly, Sam Vokes and David Jones were all in the Burnley squad.

I have added a couple of commas which might also help.

Ward came on as a sub, and did fook all.
Kightly didn't show, ergo, did fook all.
Sam Vokes did fook all.
David Jones did fook all, in fact, I didn't realise he was on the pitch until half way through the second half.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Embers wrote:
Sam Vokes did fook all.
David Jones did fook all, in fact, I didn't realise he was on the pitch until half way through the second half.

Well, Toomb did say it was the Wolves side of 2009.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

They should have all put in a shift at least. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Embers wrote:
Sam Vokes did fook all.

Well, Toomb did say it was the Wolves side of 2009.

Indeed. Next up, Mick.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:06 am 
Manager
Manager

Hmm, where it says 'the Wolves side of 2009' was supposed to be struck through, but I guess that didn't work.

And yes, it wasn't the best of games, I normally have too many notes and end up deleting stuff. Today, I barely wrote anything down during the game

I write about Wolves

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:22 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

It was a fairly shite game, but I actually thought there were quite a few positives to take from the game.

The team shape is developing, Afobe is still too isolated, but we look more solid. Apart from the second half vs Bristol, we are at least playing a consistent system, which should hopefully start to produce more consistent results. Starting Ojo didn't work, Byrne looks better but his lack of a left foot is an issue. Burnley are one of the better sides, and they really didn't trouble us. I thought the biggest plus was that we grew stronger as the game went on, and Burnley were hanging on at the end. Williamson look assured, and the team worked really hard to win the ball back, no signs of not playing for the manager.

I'm not a big fan of Henry because I feel he lacks quality, but he did well yesterday, particularly second half, and would be my man of the match.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:47 am 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:
It was a fairly shite game, but I actually thought there were quite a few positives to take from the game.

The team shape is developing, Afobe is still too isolated, but we look more solid. Apart from the second half vs Bristol, we are at least playing a consistent system, which should hopefully start to produce more consistent results. Starting Ojo didn't work, Byrne looks better but his lack of a left foot is an issue. Burnley are one of the better sides, and they really didn't trouble us. I thought the biggest plus was that we grew stronger as the game went on, and Burnley were hanging on at the end. Williamson look assured, and the team worked really hard to win the ball back, no signs of not playing for the manager.
I'm not a big fan of Henry because I feel he lacks quality, but he did well yesterday, particularly second half, and would be my man of the match.

Very fair hugh, :lol:
If Byrne had a left foot he could have won the game. We have to give him a run down the right, he may bring a little more creativity to the team.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
hugh jarse wrote:

If Byrne had a left foot he could have won the game. We have to give him a run down the right, he may bring a little more creativity to the team.

Talking of left feet, did you notice Goldbourne (first half I think), middle of the park, bring the ball on to his right foot, but still awkwardly poked the ball with he left? How he is a professional footballer, I will never know.

As for Ojo, he was wank, and was in Van La Parra mode, attacking with intent, but as soon as he was opposed, he stopped, or fell over.

By and large, it was a non-event, with K-Mac joining Jack, to snuff out any Burnley threats, and thus, the game ended in a stalemate. Not what you want to see at home, but Kenny knew he had to do it, or face another defeat. A decent point in the end. I'd like to see us get 4 more, from the next 2 games.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
warn wrote:
hugh jarse wrote:

Talking of left feet, did you notice Goldbourne (first half I think), middle of the park, bring the ball on to his right foot, but still awkwardly poked the ball with he left? How he is a professional footballer, I will never know.

As for Ojo, he was wank, and was in Van La Parra mode, attacking with intent, but as soon as he was opposed, he stopped, or fell over.

By and large, it was a non-event, with K-Mac joining Jack, to snuff out any Burnley threats, and thus, the game ended in a stalemate. Not what you want to see at home, but Kenny knew he had to do it, or face another defeat. A decent point in the end. I'd like to see us get 4 more, from the next 2 games.

I did notice that incident with Goldbourne, like you say, don't understand why a pro footballer can't have at least limited use of both feet.

Don't know if you saw AV v MC today, but Sterling had a clear chance to shoot with his left foot but chose to come inside on his right, fell over Clark's foot and claimed a penalty! And how much did he cost! Unbelievable.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
Don't know if you saw AV v MC today, but Sterling had a clear chance to shoot with his left foot but chose to come inside on his right, fell over Clark's foot and claimed a penalty! And how much did he cost! Unbelievable.

No, I didn't see the game, but that's rediculous. Today, my Joe played over Bilston, on a soft, wooly pitch, and his team were winning comfortably, so they switched positions with some players, dropping Joe to left-back, from left-wing. He won the one ball on the left, and could either try and take the ball up the line, where he was opposed by two players, or cut inside, and play the ball with his right peg (he's left footed). He chose the latter, the pass was completed, and his team went on the attack. He's 10 years old.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:12 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Afobe aint much good on his left either!

I did see the Sterling incident, was a bit of a joke. If you saw the Harry Kane goal today, that was more suited to his left foot, but he refused. To be fair, he did notch though.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:

I did see the Sterling incident, was a bit of a joke. If you saw the Harry Kane goal today, that was more suited to his left foot, but he refused. To be fair, he did notch though.

I scored many a goal with my left peg, for Stamford Arms, and I'm right footed, and would have been hung-over, in to the bargain.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:12 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Embers wrote:
hugh jarse wrote:

I scored many a goal with my left peg, for Stamford Arms, and I'm right footed, and would have been hung-over, in to the bargain.

Are you suggested our players should engage in pre-match piss-ups to improve their two-footedness?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:
Embers wrote:
hugh jarse wrote:

Are you suggested our players should engage in pre-match piss-ups to improve their two-footedness?

I believe our players should take a leaf out of Tony Adams book, and get bladdered to the point, where they go to the toilet, whilst they're still stood at the bar. It didn't do him any harm.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The Secret Footballer said once players make the first team they don't really work on their technique, I bet them rubbish foreigners do

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:59 am 
Manager
Manager

hugh jarse wrote:

[...]

Looks okay to me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG3tLDLsm3U

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
The Secret Footballer said once players make the first team they don't really work on their technique, I bet them rubbish foreigners do

that's terrible! as soon as they make the first team they stop trying to improve?

damning.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:35 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Did the secret footballer specify British players only,or was it a generalisation.
As you believe foreigners do work,tell me,do you have inside knowledge that isn't
available to the rest of us.
When supporting an agenda,the evidence should at least have some credibility about it.
Maybe the SF is one of the lazy players and just assumes the rest is like him,just maybe.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:44 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

wolfrunna wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Did the secret footballer specify British players only,or was it a generalisation.
As you believe foreigners do work,tell me,do you have inside knowledge that isn't
When supporting an agenda,the evidence should at least have some credibility about it.
Maybe the SF is one of the lazy players and just assumes the rest is like him,just maybe.

You can see with your own eyes that foreign players have much better technique, are much more tactically aware and more intelligent on the pitch, and that comment from someone who was involved in the game would suggest one of the reasons why that may be?

Give me some evidence to support your own agenda that British is best, cos the World Cup and Euro Championship results suggest otherwise

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

You can see with your own eyes that foreign players have much better technique, are much more tactically aware and more intelligent on the pitch, and that comment from someone who was involved in the game would suggest one of the reasons why that may be?

Give me some evidence to support your own agenda that British is best, cos the World Cup and Euro Championship results suggest otherwise

It's a pity that didn't apply to those who Wolves signed. That applies to Sako too. He was a much better player in his final two seasons with us than he was when he came. British coaching?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:45 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

[color=#00FF00]Give me some evidence to support your own agenda that British is best[/color], cos the World Cup and Euro Championship results suggest otherwise

I've never said that British players are best,no agenda there.
The Sf hasn't been to every club in Britain I assume,so,how does he know?
He doesn't, does he?
He write's this stuff for the gullible and in so doing,provides himself with an income.
Its just generalising nonsense that is can't be proven.
Had he said that British players cost more I would agree.
I've seen British and foreign players I wouldn't pay in washers,we have both at Wolves.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:43 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I was only quoting something he said, and as I keep being told a footballer/manager knows better than some fan on the internet.

If you guys think we have the better footballers in this country then there is nothing I can say to sway that opinion if you can't see it for yourself, ignore the foreign market and you are competing with one hand tied behind your back

Post Posted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Wolves 0-0 MK Dons

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s115/st191186.htm

This might interest wulfrunna...

I write about Wolves

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 543 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads