Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Share On:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:00 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

After watching a young player of his get fuckin mullered tonight, what did Mick say of Doherty's performance to the Sky cameras?............ "He had a good game did The Doc, learned a lot, he is a good player"

What he didn't say is, "He is fuckin wank, I told you all he was wank day I, how car .....XYZ get a game yet Mad Fuckin Mick plays Doherty every wik"

That's why Mick is a football manager probably.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
After watching a young player of his get fuckin mullered tonight, what did Mick say of Doherty's performance to the Sky cameras?............ "He had a good game did The Doc, learned a lot, he is a good player"

What he didn't say is, "He is fuckin wank, I told you all he was wank day I, how car .....XYZ get a game yet Mad Fuckin Mick plays Doherty every wik"

He will never publically single anyone out for critisism which is good PR and man management of sorts.

It's the coaching to improve the player and the team around him that counts.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:17 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

WednesburyWolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:

He will never publically single anyone out for critisism which is good PR and man management of sorts.

It's the coaching to improve the player and the team around him that counts.

You miss the point Pete. He ONLY referred to Doherty's performance in his opinons. Which to me makes me think that in the current climate, he has to publicly support a Wolves player BEFORE he gets reamed by the masses. Good management I will agree. Can a kid like Doherty be trained to be an excellent player, or does he have a level he will never be above due to lack of thought or natural skill?

Looking at City, it appears that buying proven skill is still the way to success, and in the dying twilight, ironically of the Beckham/Scholes/Butt/Neville era, it appears that even the top, top teams have been passed by.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:14 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Stolen from Super Mick:

Quote:
"If anyone wants to suggest that I've fallen out with the fans who were making themselves heard on Saturday, it is quite the opposite. I just think they have let me and the players down. I would make it clear those words are only directed at the fans who were vocally negative towards me and the team on Saturday."

He added: "I have had wonderful support from the majority of fans from the day I arrived at Molineux and I thank those who have done so again since the weekend."

McCarthy is justifiably proud of his record as a manager during the past two decades.

He said: "By next March I will have been a manager for 20 years. I've got all the coaching qualifications I can own. I've won the Championship title twice with two different teams and I took the Republic of Ireland to the last 16 of a World Cup finals.

"I came here five years ago when the club was at a very low ebb and fearing a fight against relegation. Since then we've won promotion as champions and are now in our third consecutive season in the Premier League - arguably the most competitive league in the world.

"But we are having a tough time at the moment and it's now more than ever that we need the support of the fans and for all of us to stick together to help us prosper as a team."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

When you win...your car looks cleaner, your garden looks nicer, the missus looks prettier

When you lose...your car's a banger, your gardens a tip and the missus has a face like a slapped arse.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:00 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

Mart[1001] wrote:
When you win...your car looks cleaner, your garden looks nicer, the missus looks prettier

When you lose...your car's a banger, your gardens a tip and the missus has a face like a slapped arse.

:lol: Classic!

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:12 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mart[1001] wrote:

I've been in your car and your garden..........

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:08 pm 

Quote:
"I don't give a flying fuck to be honest," McCarthy said. "I've got shit stats if you want to bring them up. It's usually when I get the tic-tac, Sky put them up and say I'm the worst manager ever.

:lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:34 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
Quote:
"I don't give a flying fuck to be honest," McCarthy said. "I've got shit stats if you want to bring them up. It's usually when I get the tic-tac, Sky put them up and say I'm the worst manager ever.

:lol:

:lol: Proper.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:21 am 

Quote:
"I've done a great job here. I came five years ago, there were only 10 players here and just a million quid to spend.

"Five years on, we are in our third year in the Premier League and building the new stadium - but we are having a tough time.

"Come on, give the lads a bit of support. Don't be giving us aggravation. I think they have short memories.

"But I've also had unbelievable support this week, from the players, everyone at the club, and from fans writing and emailing in. There is solidarity there."

SUPER MICK! :sm :clap2

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I knew I set this up for a reason :lol:

Another great set of Mick quotes:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/211 ... arthy.html

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:49 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

After the draw at Arsenal:

When asked whether it was a red card, McCarthy said: "Not while I've got a hole in my bum!"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:54 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

After Milly's red card at Arsenal..

Interviewer:"Will you be appealing?"

Mick:"I'm always appealing"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

After the Chelsea game:

"They put Fernando Torres on after 77 minutes and we put Anthony Forde on and I thought 'That's a fair deal'."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

Mick McCarthy said: “There were no comments from the chairman that offended me at all. When Sky asked me about it, I told them, ‘I’m not happy with our points tally, I’m not happy where we are, I’m not happy with every performance’ – so I said it for him.

“The tide was stemmed at Sunderland with a new manager and the tide was stemmed at QPR with a new manager, so suddenly the water was starting to flow up the M6 to Wolves.

“It’s b******s. Excuse me, but it is jut nonsense. Sky wanted a manager under pressure, they were desperate for one. And that’s killed that one for today, at least, so thanks for asking.”

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Commenting about the poor match at Brum, "There were 14,000 at Birmingham for the first game. That's 14,000 who won't come to Molineux."

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:30 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

after q.p.r game mccarthy admitted it was nice to spoil the party and piss on somebody elses chips for a change.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:58 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

This is what I'll miss most about Mick :(

"To say that these men paid their shillings to watch twenty-two hirelings kick a ball is merely to say that a violin is wood and catgut, that Hamlet is so much paper and ink"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:01 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

wolvessupportersfc wrote:
This is what I'll miss most about Mick :(

Gutted about this. It's like having your dog put down even though its inevitable.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:09 pm 
The Whippet
The Whippet

Don't you think we should put this sticky in the thread graveyard now?

By the way Mick didn't say that I did.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:50 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Anyone manage to record that thing on Gillette soccer Saturday today? The mick years

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads