Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:04 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 10:13 pm
Posts: 14034
wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
England lived up to my expectation. They were and will always be sh*t. Roll on Euro 2014 and more abject failure. :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk


*2016

_________________
Nibbs

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:15 am 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11894
Location: Wolverhampton
Thanks muss. :oops:

It's a lack of desire. Our players don't give a crap. This has been a two week or whatever jolly in the jungle for them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:57 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23256
Location: Cannock.
I see desire and a willingness to apply themselves, just the very basics of not understanding of how to correctly apply themselves.
Thick footballers in a tactical sense, its a cultural thing, not rounded educationally which permeates through a closed mindset.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:38 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 14563
Location: My mind's eye
kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
You said we've always been shit even before the prem, I believe that post didn't have the additions you later thought you'd said. :lol:
We have been shit, we have been unlucky, we have been robbed and the penalties whatever catagory that comes under, so we havn't always been that way ifm.
At present we are and have been for a while but that is as much down to attitude, desire and pride and a manager who cannot inspire or get that little bit extra out of the limited way we play.


I qualified my original comment (which I don't need to may I add), I didn't change or amend my opinion, your a right pedant and wrong with your assertions too...so :P

Our last decent World Cup showing was Italia 90, and we needed extra time to beat Belgium, a couple of penalties to beat Cameroon and limped through the group stage after drawing with the mighty Tunisia in our last warm up game

_________________
Say no to hoof!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:56 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:29 pm
Posts: 4596
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
You said we've always been shit even before the prem, I believe that post didn't have the additions you later thought you'd said. :lol:
We have been shit, we have been unlucky, we have been robbed and the penalties whatever catagory that comes under, so we havn't always been that way ifm.
At present we are and have been for a while but that is as much down to attitude, desire and pride and a manager who cannot inspire or get that little bit extra out of the limited way we play.


I qualified my original comment (which I don't need to may I add), I didn't change or amend my opinion, your a right pedant and wrong with your assertions too...so :P

Our last decent World Cup showing was Italia 90, and we needed extra time to beat Belgium, a couple of penalties to beat Cameroon and limped through the group stage after drawing with the mighty Tunisia in our last warm up game


Didn't god score against Tunisia?
Anyway how the #### can you say the last decent showing was 90?You read that on the net, or is there an old thread where kk copied and pasted Englands complete world cup history based on pass completion, movement off the ball and how good their training drills were?I am only saying this because you cannot have seen many with your own eyes as you come across as being about 10 :mrgreen:
Come on ifm if we can't have a laugh with this lot we'd be crying. :D

_________________
"Roy is the best England manager in history tactically" KK 28/6/16


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:19 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 14563
Location: My mind's eye
kenbarlowsslippers wrote:

Didn't god score against Tunisia?
Anyway how the #### can you say the last decent showing was 90?You read that on the net, or is there an old thread where kk copied and pasted Englands complete world cup history based on pass completion, movement off the ball and how good their training drills were?I am only saying this because you cannot have seen many with your own eyes as you come across as being about 10 :mrgreen:
Come on ifm if we can't have a laugh with this lot we'd be crying. :D


Yes god came off the bench to save Englands blushes.

I was only 12 then but we made the semi's, the "golden generation" came nowhere near so yeah that was our last decent World Cup campaign.

Are you smarter than a 10 year old?

_________________
Say no to hoof!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:22 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:29 pm
Posts: 4596
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
kenbarlowsslippers wrote:

Didn't god score against Tunisia?
Anyway how the #### can you say the last decent showing was 90?You read that on the net, or is there an old thread where kk copied and pasted Englands complete world cup history based on pass completion, movement off the ball and how good their training drills were?I am only saying this because you cannot have seen many with your own eyes as you come across as being about 10 :mrgreen:
Come on ifm if we can't have a laugh with this lot we'd be crying. :D


Yes god came off the bench to save Englands blushes.

I was only 12 then but we made the semi's, the "golden generation" came nowhere near so yeah that was our last decent World Cup campaign.

Are you smarter than a 10 year old?


I'm not smarter than my 8 and 6 year old, not by the way they blag me :lol:

_________________
"Roy is the best England manager in history tactically" KK 28/6/16


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:21 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:37 am
Posts: 5548
'98 was a decent showing i thought, england had a very good line up but the gods were with argentina that night

iirc once the frustration eased up the general sentiment was hard done by/unlucky rather than not good enough/embarrassment - beckham was the disgrace rather than the entire squad

_________________
Out of darkness cometh a chink of light


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:34 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 10:13 pm
Posts: 14034
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
kenbarlowsslippers wrote:

Didn't god score against Tunisia?
Anyway how the #### can you say the last decent showing was 90?You read that on the net, or is there an old thread where kk copied and pasted Englands complete world cup history based on pass completion, movement off the ball and how good their training drills were?I am only saying this because you cannot have seen many with your own eyes as you come across as being about 10 :mrgreen:
Come on ifm if we can't have a laugh with this lot we'd be crying. :D


Yes god came off the bench to save Englands blushes.

I was only 12 then but we made the semi's, the "golden generation" came nowhere near so yeah that was our last decent World Cup campaign.

Are you smarter than a 10 year old?

Lucky you missed most of the seventies, my goodness that was a poor time for England fans.

Suarez up to his tricks again:

Image

_________________
Nibbs

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:43 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:37 am
Posts: 5548
i couldnt believe it :lol:

thought it was a little headbutt at first then thought chiellini might be faking it to get him sent off

was a dull match until the last 60 - tense stuff once italy were down to 10, really struggled to create anything after conceding though

not sure if ballotelli was injured but thought it was strange he came off so early - picked up a silly early booking but he's head and shoulders the best forward in that squad

at least pirlo can take a break from getting his arse kissed - they don't 'arf go on about him, so the man passes it a lot, whoop-de-fooking-doo!

_________________
Out of darkness cometh a chink of light


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:17 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34681
Location: S E London, near Kent
muss wrote:

Suarez up to his tricks again:

Image


I don't much like Italy but I also don't like that greasy, diving, Suarez animal. What happened for that injury to happen? :shock:

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:41 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 3:58 pm
Posts: 7229
SELWolf wrote:
muss wrote:

Suarez up to his tricks again:

Image


I don't much like Italy but I also don't like that greasy, diving, Suarez animal. What happened for that injury to happen? :shock:

Suarez just ran up to him and bit him.. Again. It's just bizarre.

It's such a difficult thing to get away with.. I understand people losing their heads, but trying to bite a chunk out of a human on the sly in front of a thousand cameras is just bonkers.


Sent from my Phone using Fingers

_________________
Wolverhampton Wanderers, playing as the "Los Angeles Wolves", won the Western Division and then went on to earn the League Title


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:51 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:32 pm
Posts: 9117
Location: Raaahhhhhhley
LA Wolf wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
muss wrote:

Suarez up to his tricks again:

Image


I don't much like Italy but I also don't like that greasy, diving, Suarez animal. What happened for that injury to happen? :shock:

Suarez just ran up to him and bit him.. Again. It's just bizarre.

It's such a difficult thing to get away with.. I understand people losing their heads, but trying to bite a chunk out of a human on the sly in front of a thousand cameras is just bonkers.


Sent from my Phone using Fingers


it was the checking his teeth bit afterwards that creased me up, proper funny.

then Lee Dixon saying 'what's his wife going to think?'

the man is comedy gold, nearly as good as balotelli

_________________
Money cannot buy this round......
defended like beavers - Kamara 2009
there used to be a thing called 'natural selection' but its been stopped by 'health and safety'
www.vwcaddy.com


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:03 am 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:09 pm
Posts: 2746
Location: Hinckley
I watched the Greece v Ivory Coast game last night, and while the Ivorians clearly had the better players, there seemed to be a poor team spirit amongst them. There was a fair bit of pointing and bickering among them. Greece , while very limited, stuck to their game plan and probably just about deserved to win.

_________________
Out of darkness cometh light, out of Scotland came Frank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRKBAmir50


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:19 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34681
Location: S E London, near Kent
LA Wolf wrote:
Suarez just ran up to him and bit him.. Again. It's just bizarre.

It's such a difficult thing to get away with.. I understand people losing their heads, but trying to bite a chunk out of a human on the sly in front of a thousand cameras is just bonkers.


Cheers. I've now seen it in the papers and on the net. If he comes to Wolves next season in a cup game I can imagine the gip he'd get. We put Balotelli off his game first time he came and as for Joey Barton - the flak he received. :lol: With Suarez I could imagine sandwiches being thrown, constant "animal" chants and much more besides. :mrgreen: I hope Prem opposition fans give him Hell.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:00 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:29 pm
Posts: 4596
SELWolf wrote:
LA Wolf wrote:
Suarez just ran up to him and bit him.. Again. It's just bizarre.

It's such a difficult thing to get away with.. I understand people losing their heads, but trying to bite a chunk out of a human on the sly in front of a thousand cameras is just bonkers.


Cheers. I've now seen it in the papers and on the net. If he comes to Wolves next season in a cup game I can imagine the gip he'd get. We put Balotelli off his game first time he came and as for Joey Barton - the flak he received. :lol: With Suarez I could imagine sandwiches being thrown, constant "animal" chants and much more besides. :mrgreen: I hope Prem opposition fans give him Hell.


I'll wager he won't be at liverpool next season sel.

_________________
"Roy is the best England manager in history tactically" KK 28/6/16


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:27 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23256
Location: Cannock.
Somehow another thread got derailed why?

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:54 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11299
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
You said we've always been shit even before the prem, I believe that post didn't have the additions you later thought you'd said. :lol:
We have been shit, we have been unlucky, we have been robbed and the penalties whatever catagory that comes under, so we havn't always been that way ifm.
At present we are and have been for a while but that is as much down to attitude, desire and pride and a manager who cannot inspire or get that little bit extra out of the limited way we play.


I qualified my original comment (which I don't need to may I add), I didn't change or amend my opinion, your a right pedant and wrong with your assertions too...so :P

Our last decent World Cup showing was Italia 90, and we needed extra time to beat Belgium, a couple of penalties to beat Cameroon and limped through the group stage after drawing with the mighty Tunisia in our last warm up game


That was the Belgium team that had reached the semi finals of the previous World Cup and who were seeded 5th in Italia 90.

Beating Belgium, with or without extra time - actually there wouldn't have needed be extra time had Barnes not had a valid goal ruled out wrongly for offside - was an excellent result.

Anyway Euro 2004, for my money, was England's last tournament where we played well and looked a contender, but the 2006 World Cup the team did show grit in and could have reached the semi finals with a little luck in the Portugal game (where they held Portugal to a draw and creating more chances than the opposition despite only having 10 men for over an hour).

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:00 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:29 pm
Posts: 4596
knocker knowles wrote:
Somehow another thread got derailed why?


You being ironic kk? :lol:
You started a world cup tactical thread and because nobody was that interested you actually hijacked this one and started rambling one liners and altering this one many pages back.
You will now ruin another thread and have this one deleted.
I believe it is still an offence to impersonate a police officer and it should also be to impersonate a mod.Whereas impersonating an officer may lead to a bit of community service and the tidying up of streets and a bit of a clean up in the community it took place, I think that should happen to you on here.You should be made to tidy up and remove all of your copy and paste posts, all irrelevent posts you have made to threads and then be made to actually answer the many difficult questions people have asked in response to some of your more outlandish statements!!!

_________________
"Roy is the best England manager in history tactically" KK 28/6/16


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:35 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20629
Location: Four Oaks
kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Somehow another thread got derailed why?


You being ironic kk? :lol:
You started a world cup tactical thread and because nobody was that interested you actually hijacked this one and started rambling one liners and altering this one many pages back.
You will now ruin another thread and have this one deleted.
I believe it is still an offence to impersonate a police officer and it should also be to impersonate a mod.Whereas impersonating an officer may lead to a bit of community service and the tidying up of streets and a bit of a clean up in the community it took place, I think that should happen to you on here.You should be made to tidy up and remove all of your copy and paste posts, all irrelevent posts you have made to threads and then be made to actually answer the many difficult questions people have asked in response to some of your more outlandish statements!!!


I'm trying not to laugh.

_________________
The next level awaits - Euros now


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:57 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23256
Location: Cannock.
Left back wrote:
kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Somehow another thread got derailed why?


You being ironic kk? :lol:
You started a world cup tactical thread and because nobody was that interested you actually hijacked this one and started rambling one liners and altering this one many pages back.
You will now ruin another thread and have this one deleted.
I believe it is still an offence to impersonate a police officer and it should also be to impersonate a mod.Whereas impersonating an officer may lead to a bit of community service and the tidying up of streets and a bit of a clean up in the community it took place, I think that should happen to you on here.You should be made to tidy up and remove all of your copy and paste posts, all irrelevent posts you have made to threads and then be made to actually answer the many difficult questions people have asked in response to some of your more outlandish statements!!!


I'm trying not to laugh.


Me too.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:06 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:29 pm
Posts: 4596
Thank heaven for that kk :mrgreen:

_________________
"Roy is the best England manager in history tactically" KK 28/6/16


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:27 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23256
Location: Cannock.
kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
Thank heaven for that kk :mrgreen:
Attachment:
bulletinthe head.jpg
bulletinthe head.jpg [ 23.99 KiB | Viewed 6378 times ]

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.