Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Share On:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:04 am 
Manager
Manager

wolvesforever_1979 wrote:
England lived up to my expectation. They were and will always be sh*t. Roll on Euro 2014 and more abject failure. :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:15 am 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

Thanks muss. :oops:

It's a lack of desire. Our players don't give a crap. This has been a two week or whatever jolly in the jungle for them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:57 am 
Manager
Manager

I see desire and a willingness to apply themselves, just the very basics of not understanding of how to correctly apply themselves.
Thick footballers in a tactical sense, its a cultural thing, not rounded educationally which permeates through a closed mindset.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:38 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
You said we've always been shit even before the prem, I believe that post didn't have the additions you later thought you'd said. :lol:
We have been shit, we have been unlucky, we have been robbed and the penalties whatever catagory that comes under, so we havn't always been that way ifm.
At present we are and have been for a while but that is as much down to attitude, desire and pride and a manager who cannot inspire or get that little bit extra out of the limited way we play.

I qualified my original comment (which I don't need to may I add), I didn't change or amend my opinion, your a right pedant and wrong with your assertions too...so :P

Our last decent World Cup showing was Italia 90, and we needed extra time to beat Belgium, a couple of penalties to beat Cameroon and limped through the group stage after drawing with the mighty Tunisia in our last warm up game

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
You said we've always been shit even before the prem, I believe that post didn't have the additions you later thought you'd said. :lol:
We have been shit, we have been unlucky, we have been robbed and the penalties whatever catagory that comes under, so we havn't always been that way ifm.
At present we are and have been for a while but that is as much down to attitude, desire and pride and a manager who cannot inspire or get that little bit extra out of the limited way we play.

I qualified my original comment (which I don't need to may I add), I didn't change or amend my opinion, your a right pedant and wrong with your assertions too...so :P

Our last decent World Cup showing was Italia 90, and we needed extra time to beat Belgium, a couple of penalties to beat Cameroon and limped through the group stage after drawing with the mighty Tunisia in our last warm up game

Didn't god score against Tunisia?
Anyway how the #### can you say the last decent showing was 90?You read that on the net, or is there an old thread where kk copied and pasted Englands complete world cup history based on pass completion, movement off the ball and how good their training drills were?I am only saying this because you cannot have seen many with your own eyes as you come across as being about 10 :mrgreen:
Come on ifm if we can't have a laugh with this lot we'd be crying. :D

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:19 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Anyway how the #### can you say the last decent showing was 90?You read that on the net, or is there an old thread where kk copied and pasted Englands complete world cup history based on pass completion, movement off the ball and how good their training drills were?I am only saying this because you cannot have seen many with your own eyes as you come across as being about 10 :mrgreen:

Yes god came off the bench to save Englands blushes.

I was only 12 then but we made the semi's, the "golden generation" came nowhere near so yeah that was our last decent World Cup campaign.

Are you smarter than a 10 year old?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

I was only 12 then but we made the semi's, the "golden generation" came nowhere near so yeah that was our last decent World Cup campaign.

I'm not smarter than my 8 and 6 year old, not by the way they blag me :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

'98 was a decent showing i thought, england had a very good line up but the gods were with argentina that night

iirc once the frustration eased up the general sentiment was hard done by/unlucky rather than not good enough/embarrassment - beckham was the disgrace rather than the entire squad

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Lucky you missed most of the seventies, my goodness that was a poor time for England fans.

Suarez up to his tricks again:

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

i couldnt believe it :lol:

thought it was a little headbutt at first then thought chiellini might be faking it to get him sent off

was a dull match until the last 60 - tense stuff once italy were down to 10, really struggled to create anything after conceding though

not sure if ballotelli was injured but thought it was strange he came off so early - picked up a silly early booking but he's head and shoulders the best forward in that squad

at least pirlo can take a break from getting his arse kissed - they don't 'arf go on about him, so the man passes it a lot, whoop-de-fooking-doo!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

muss wrote:

I don't much like Italy but I also don't like that greasy, diving, Suarez animal. What happened for that injury to happen? :shock:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
muss wrote:

I don't much like Italy but I also don't like that greasy, diving, Suarez animal. What happened for that injury to happen? :shock:

Suarez just ran up to him and bit him.. Again. It's just bizarre.

It's such a difficult thing to get away with.. I understand people losing their heads, but trying to bite a chunk out of a human on the sly in front of a thousand cameras is just bonkers.

Sent from my Phone using Fingers

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:51 am 
Manager
Manager

LA Wolf wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
muss wrote:

It's such a difficult thing to get away with.. I understand people losing their heads, but trying to bite a chunk out of a human on the sly in front of a thousand cameras is just bonkers.

Sent from my Phone using Fingers

it was the checking his teeth bit afterwards that creased me up, proper funny.

then Lee Dixon saying 'what's his wife going to think?'

the man is comedy gold, nearly as good as balotelli

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:03 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I watched the Greece v Ivory Coast game last night, and while the Ivorians clearly had the better players, there seemed to be a poor team spirit amongst them. There was a fair bit of pointing and bickering among them. Greece , while very limited, stuck to their game plan and probably just about deserved to win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRKBAmir50

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:19 am 
Manager
Manager

LA Wolf wrote:

Cheers. I've now seen it in the papers and on the net. If he comes to Wolves next season in a cup game I can imagine the gip he'd get. We put Balotelli off his game first time he came and as for Joey Barton - the flak he received. :lol: With Suarez I could imagine sandwiches being thrown, constant "animal" chants and much more besides. :mrgreen: I hope Prem opposition fans give him Hell.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:00 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
LA Wolf wrote:

Cheers. I've now seen it in the papers and on the net. If he comes to Wolves next season in a cup game I can imagine the gip he'd get. We put Balotelli off his game first time he came and as for Joey Barton - the flak he received. :lol: With Suarez I could imagine sandwiches being thrown, constant "animal" chants and much more besides. :mrgreen: I hope Prem opposition fans give him Hell.

I'll wager he won't be at liverpool next season sel.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:27 am 
Manager
Manager

Somehow another thread got derailed why?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:54 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

That was the Belgium team that had reached the semi finals of the previous World Cup and who were seeded 5th in Italia 90.

Beating Belgium, with or without extra time - actually there wouldn't have needed be extra time had Barnes not had a valid goal ruled out wrongly for offside - was an excellent result.

Anyway Euro 2004, for my money, was England's last tournament where we played well and looked a contender, but the 2006 World Cup the team did show grit in and could have reached the semi finals with a little luck in the Portugal game (where they held Portugal to a draw and creating more chances than the opposition despite only having 10 men for over an hour).

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

You being ironic kk? :lol:
You started a world cup tactical thread and because nobody was that interested you actually hijacked this one and started rambling one liners and altering this one many pages back.
You will now ruin another thread and have this one deleted.
I believe it is still an offence to impersonate a police officer and it should also be to impersonate a mod.Whereas impersonating an officer may lead to a bit of community service and the tidying up of streets and a bit of a clean up in the community it took place, I think that should happen to you on here.You should be made to tidy up and remove all of your copy and paste posts, all irrelevent posts you have made to threads and then be made to actually answer the many difficult questions people have asked in response to some of your more outlandish statements!!!

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:35 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

You started a world cup tactical thread and because nobody was that interested you actually hijacked this one and started rambling one liners and altering this one many pages back.
I believe it is still an offence to impersonate a police officer and it should also be to impersonate a mod.Whereas impersonating an officer may lead to a bit of community service and the tidying up of streets and a bit of a clean up in the community it took place, I think that should happen to you on here.You should be made to tidy up and remove all of your copy and paste posts, all irrelevent posts you have made to threads and then be made to actually answer the many difficult questions people have asked in response to some of your more outlandish statements!!!

I'm trying not to laugh.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I'm trying not to laugh.

Me too.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Thank heaven for that kk :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Thank heaven for that kk :mrgreen:
Attachment:
bulletinthe head.jpg
bulletinthe head.jpg [ 23.99 KiB | Viewed 6378 times ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads