Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Agree about poor team selection. Cole and Shaw ahead of Baines who is no more the future than Cole and isn't top class, Terry should have been brought back in too giving us the Chelsea back line. Anyone but Johnson, Flanagan ideally. God alone knows why Henderson ahead of Wilshire or a poor Man Us backup striker on the left wing. Things is Roy is an outdated manager who does well with underdogs, very poor World Cup. Compare the job Redknapp did with Spurs to Hodgson with Liverpool.

English football still needs to move on particularly coaching with an emphasis on tactics rather than promoting players based on physique.

It still shows the players who played a full season in the Prem look knackered in the summer tournaments, and not just the English ones. Reduce the Prem by two teams to 18 and take a two/three week break after the new year.

Whoa, what would be the odds of us getting in there if you reduce it by another two teams. :lol:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

We're Championship outfit and always have been, would at least get three weeks in the spotlight!

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:29 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

At least Greg Dyke remains positive. He thinks England can win the 2022 world cup. I am not sure what he bases that on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRKBAmir50

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Agree about poor team selection. Cole and Shaw ahead of Baines who is no more the future than Cole and isn't top class, Terry should have been brought back in too giving us the Chelsea back line. Anyone but Johnson, Flanagan ideally. God alone knows why Henderson ahead of Wilshire or a poor Man Us backup striker on the left wing. Things is Roy is an outdated manager who does well with underdogs, very poor World Cup. Compare the job Redknapp did with Spurs to Hodgson with Liverpool.

English football still needs to move on particularly coaching with an emphasis on tactics rather than promoting players based on physique.

It still shows the players who played a full season in the Prem look knackered in the summer tournaments, and not just the English ones. Reduce the Prem by two teams to 18 and take a two/three week break after the new year.

Whoa, what would be the odds of us getting in there if you reduce it by another two teams. :lol:

And in that break the top teams will troll off the the middle, or far east on a money making exercise.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:17 am 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

And in that break the top teams will troll off the the middle, or far east on a money making exercise.

Yes, I'm against the break, but I agree about the reduction in size of PL , despite it making life harder for us. I wouldn't want the Ch. any bigger than it is though.

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:44 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Harry saying his piece now and besides what his former Spurs players did or did not do when facing an England call-up, his bit of Foreign Youth supports more or less, what others are saying about too many Foreigners in our English game, but you decide: -

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27962633

Three England players when Harry was there - Lennon, Defoe and [Huddlestone (?)...don't think he played often for England] as possible candidates.

Peter Crouch?

I'd figure Ledley King, as he only trained once a week due to his injury problems if i remember correctly

"Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! UNBELIEVABLE!" - Gary Neville 2012

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:50 am 
Manager
Manager

It's a massive disappointment, with the players we have to go and put in a performance like that, when the likes of the US fight for every ball, and believe they can win every game. Even with their limited ability.

Sent from my Phone using Fingers

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:36 am 
Manager
Manager

Watched the full game three times now and its amazing some of the stuff you miss when your more emotional.
I was surprised the amount of times Suarez found time and got in down that right hand channel.
How little communication was happening between the centre backs and central midfield, how this caused endless problems with decision making

Surprised how some players disappeared completely, how others just charged off without thinking about team disciplines. That it was happening at 1-1 shows terrible tactical understanding.

Some players just get carried along by the crowd, others by the euphoria of gaining an equalizer.
Others just fail to comprehend positional shape and offer the opposition all to easy options.

I still can't fathom Jordan Henderson racing down the right hand side before delivering a poor cross into the box.
Caught by the keeper them delivered onto Gerrards head before little Louis delivered the hammer blow.
Especially has he had found a key role within the match prompting Baines down the left hand side in the previous 20 minutes. Baffling.

Lots to analyse Gary Neville some of which is a horror show.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:50 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Watched the full game three times now and its amazing some of the stuff you miss when your more emotional.
I was surprised the amount of times Suarez found time and got in down that right hand channel.
How little communication was happening between the centre backs and central midfield, how this caused endless problems with decision making

Surprised how some players disappeared completely, how others just charged off without thinking about team disciplines. That it was happening at 1-1 shows terrible tactical understanding.

Some players just get carried along by the crowd, others by the euphoria of gaining an equalizer.
Others just fail to comprehend positional shape and offer the opposition all to easy options.

I still can't fathom Jordan Henderson racing down the right hand side before delivering a poor cross into the box.
Caught by the keeper them delivered onto Gerrards head before little Louis delivered the hammer blow.
Especially has he had found a key role within the match prompting Baines down the left hand side in the previous 20 minutes. Baffling.

Lots to analyse Gary Neville some of which is a horror show.

You should take a look at qualifying and friendlies never mind the last few group games kk, I'm surprised a man who looks at the technical aspect so deeply hadn't seen this coming and I am surprised you thought/think that hodgson was or is still the answer.
I see so called experts saying stick with him and I cannot see one reason why bar the laughable one of stability.
As I said earlier the great managers inspire and get that extra 10%,this management loses 20.
Roy is a safe pair of hands for a Fulham or Wba(spit)but England?
Also all the shite about lack of English players in the prem, we have enough players but we lack the technical ability of teams like Algeria and the workrate and skill of teams like Chile.We are decades behind even thinking of playing such a game and so again that leads me to a manager who can inspire and organise and install a spirit that can overcome our lack of technical nous.That is what England needs.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:57 am 
Manager
Manager

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
Also all the shite about lack of English players in the prem, we have enough players but we lack the technical ability of teams like Algeria and the workrate and skill of teams like Chile.We are decades behind even thinking of playing such a game....

Teams from nations with as few as only three million people (Uruguay and southern Europe - will it be Andorra next? :oops: ) walk all over us and have players playing for top teams on the continent proves your point.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:39 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Also all the shite about lack of English players in the prem, we have enough players but we lack the technical ability of teams like Algeria and the workrate and skill of teams like Chile.We are decades behind even thinking of playing such a game....

Teams from nations with as few as only three million people (Uruguay and southern Europe - will it be Andorra next? :oops: ) walk all over us and have players playing for top teams on the continent proves your point.

It's always been the case, even before the Prem when it was mostly Brits in our league we were still shite

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:

Don't forget we failed to beat Algeria at the last world cup and they were technically superior then, looking now who has progressed more?4 years on and the dream of playing like bleedin Brazil is a far away as ever.It isn't going to happen in my lifetime if ever.
As I say a manager to inspire and get that extra bit out of an average to good set of players can work look at the U.S.A under Klinsman.We would have lost to portugal and used the excuse but they are a world class side.
Hodgson isn't the answer but nor is pretending we are going to be playing pretty passing football either.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

It's always been the case, even before the Prem when it was mostly Brits in our league we were still shite

Myth ifm."Hand" of my signature, to Seaman being a knob and letting a cross over his head,to not being able to take a penalty, to Beckhams sending off, to sols disallowed goal.We have had our fair share of bad luck, we wern't shite always just consistently over the last few tournaments.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Hodgson isn't the answer but nor is pretending we are going to be playing pretty passing football either.

Our passing was appalling v Uruguay. They can show all the pass completion stats they like to cover the glaringly obvious truth up, but all that short passing at the back and in midfield between "neighbours" doesn't disguise what's obvious to the spectator that we can't pass any distance with an acceptable level of achievement.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:

Our passing was appalling v Uruguay. They can show all the pass completion stats they like to cover the glaringly obvious truth up, but all that short passing at the back and in midfield between "neighbours" doesn't disguise what's obvious to the spectator that we can't pass any distance with an acceptable level of achievement.

But the F.A. and Roy will baffle us with the stats to show us how good we really were :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:

one word 'hunger'

we dont know what it means to be truely hungry, success for the players from some of those smaller countries means the difference between feeding extended families

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

WolvesTowner wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

one word 'hunger'

we dont know what it means to be truely hungry, success for the players from some of those smaller countries means the difference between feeding extended families

It's like the papers saying about luke shaw txting some bimb in the early hours asking for a threesome, they really arn't focussed on the football whatever bull about well prepared and mind on the job bollox we hear.
You are spot on in some respects but it is the pride of playing for the country that is lost because only the riches and perks that come with it seem to matter.It even turned working class lad john terry into a cock when he became captain.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

WolvesTowner wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

one word 'hunger'

It's like the papers saying about luke shaw txting some bimb in the early hours asking for a threesome, they really arn't focussed on the football whatever bull about well prepared and mind on the job bollox we hear.
You are spot on in some respects but it is the pride of playing for the country that is lost because only the riches and perks that come with it seem to matter.It even turned working class lad john terry into a cock when he became captain.

Maybe he was sharing a room with Rooney, but I do wonder what the reply was. :roll:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:36 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Myth ifm."Hand" of my signature, to Seaman being a knob and letting a cross over his head,to not being able to take a penalty, to Beckhams sending off, to sols disallowed goal.We have had our fair share of bad luck, we wern't shite always just consistently over the last few tournaments.

It's not a myth, the tiredness and needing a break is a myth, we'd be just as shite if we had fresher legs, that would just allow us to run around cluelessly for longer. I'm going back 50-100 years, always think we are better than we are because we invented the game whilst others have took it to a new level

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

It's not a myth, the tiredness and needing a break is a myth, we'd be just as shite if we had fresher legs, that would just allow us to run around cluelessly for longer. I'm going back 50-100 years, always think we are better than we are because we invented the game whilst others have took it to a new level

That is different to your original point but you knew that :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:24 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Erm how?

I said we were always shite, apart from when we were the only ones playing it :P

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

You said we've always been shit even before the prem, I believe that post didn't have the additions you later thought you'd said. :lol:
We have been shit, we have been unlucky, we have been robbed and the penalties whatever catagory that comes under, so we havn't always been that way ifm.
At present we are and have been for a while but that is as much down to attitude, desire and pride and a manager who cannot inspire or get that little bit extra out of the limited way we play.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

I thought we played well against Italy and were unlucky not to get a penalty - the ref bottled it.

I thought we played very badly against Uruguay.

Perhaps some of the players had been out on the town, doing threesomes or whatever else they were reported to have been getting up to which put them off their game. It does happen. We were poor and the players know it. All that bollox at the press conference afterwards means nothing to me. If Wolves played like that I'd stop going.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Fatigue from a long Prem season isn't a myth. Look at how knackered the Spanish players were after a CPL final and a final day decider in the league. Viera was commenting on the difference between when France all played in Italy in 98 and in England in 02 and the dip in their performance. It iss really just medical science and if the teams go to sunny Dubai and play a meaningless, undemanding friendly that's good.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:
[quote="kenbarlowsslippers"]

Erm how?

I said we were always shite, apart from when we were the only ones playing it :P[/quote]
Nah man, in 2002 we were as good as any team in the tournament, we just bottled it. 98, 96.. Again we were good enough to have won those tournaments. We just didn't.

The last 6-8 years we haven't been good enough though.

Sent from my Phone using Fingers

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
I thought we played well against Italy and were unlucky not to get a penalty - the ref bottled it.

I thought we played very badly against Uruguay.

Perhaps some of the players had been out on the town, doing threesomes or whatever else they were reported to have been getting up to which put them off their game. It does happen. We were poor and the players know it. All that bollox at the press conference afterwards means nothing to me. If Wolves played like that I'd stop going.

I really should know better than to believe newspaper gossip I suppose but what I saw with my own eyes doesn't lie.
Anyway why isn't there one pundit on the tv who says Roy is rubbish and should go, just one.....because they have been told not to for the sake of interviews etc etc and they must do what the people who pay them tell them.
Saying that maybe it is just me because I don't hear much call on here either.I'll get me crutches. :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

I really should know better than to believe newspaper gossip I suppose but what I saw with my own eyes doesn't lie.

After the last World Cup a photo by Ledley King was leaked to the press showing all of the players having a piss-up. Several were puffing cigars, Aaron Lennon was one, for sure, but there were plenty of others I don't want to possibly be libellous about...and there was plenty of drink involved. In all honesty, I can't believe that athletes from any sport other than rugby and football would consume the amount they chuck down their necks and I sincerely don't believe that a professional footballer at the top of his game should do it either - or smoke. Is it any wonder that foreign players piss past ours on the pitch and then come back and piss on them? It's the culture of the English footballer (or lack of it) which is holding our players back. No wonder they don't have belief.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=engla ... 44&bih=705

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:

After the Euro 2012 fiasco a photo was leaked to the press showing all of the players having a piss-up. Several were puffing cigars, Aaron Lennon was one, for sure, but there were plenty of others I don't want to possibly be libellous about...and there was plenty of drink involved. In all honesty, I can't believe that athletes from any sport other than rugby and football would consume the amount they chuck down their necks and I sincerely don't believe that a professional footballer at the top of his game should do it either - or smoke. Is it any wonder that foreign players piss past ours on the pitch and then come back and piss on them? It's the culture of the English footballer (or lack of it) which is holding our players back. No wonder they don't have belief.

It's the mentality of it's ok because we will still get picked and keep our jobs anyway, in any other walk of life, bar politics, you would lose them.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:

After the Euro 2012 fiasco a photo was leaked to the press showing all of the players having a piss-up. Several were puffing cigars, Aaron Lennon was one, for sure, but there were plenty of others I don't want to possibly be libellous about...and there was plenty of drink involved. In all honesty, I can't believe that athletes from any sport other than rugby and football would consume the amount they chuck down their necks and I sincerely don't believe that a professional footballer at the top of his game should do it either - or smoke. Is it any wonder that foreign players piss past ours on the pitch and then come back and piss on them? It's the culture of the English footballer (or lack of it) which is holding our players back. No wonder they don't have belief.

It's the mentality of it's ok because we will still get picked and keep our jobs anyway, in any other walk of life, bar politics, you would lose them.

Aye, that's the sum of it.

You replied just after I edited my post to make a correction. It was four years ago...the years fly past so quickly these days. :oops:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:02 am 
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17

England lived up to my expectation. They were and will always be sh*t. Roll on Euro 2014 and more abject failure. :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads