Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: Players out on loan
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

Mike_wolf wrote:
Nibbs Minton wrote:
Why the fucking hell was Kortney Hause playing for Gillingham in the FA Cup today? Have we gone totally out of our minds? He's cuptied now. What a stupid thing to do. They lost as well. Moorons. Us, not them. That FA Cup third round game would have been perfect for him. Damn. I just don't get it. :x

I don't understand that, he's a left sided centre back isn't he? A position we've had problems in, surely the third round tie would allow him a chance to show his capabilities.

And he can play left back, which suddenly turns out also to be a problem. I can only assume that it was agreed when the deal was struck and we have no say now. Unless Kortney's just no good. It's possible that I'm getting carried away. :lol:

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nibbs Minton wrote:
Mike_wolf wrote:
Nibbs Minton wrote:
Why the fucking hell was Kortney Hause playing for Gillingham in the FA Cup today? Have we gone totally out of our minds? He's cuptied now. What a stupid thing to do. They lost as well. Moorons. Us, not them. That FA Cup third round game would have been perfect for him. Damn. I just don't get it. :x

I don't understand that, he's a left sided centre back isn't he? A position we've had problems in, surely the third round tie would allow him a chance to show his capabilities.

And he can play left back, which suddenly turns out also to be a problem. I can only assume that it was agreed when the deal was struck and we have no say now. Unless Kortney's just no good. It's possible that I'm getting carried away. :lol:

Its frustrating though :lol:

"Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! UNBELIEVABLE!" - Gary Neville 2012

Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

What about Zeli then as he turned out for County in the Cup today. :roll:

I heard he did quite well by the way.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:

I didn't know that. It frustrates me that we'd rule our players out of a chance of playing in a game for us. But then on the flip side they probably have a better chance of a cup run where they are. :lol:

I took a look on County's forum a few weeks back and they did not like zeli, couldn't understand how he was a footballer, anyhow shortly after they had a good run and Zeli scored a few goals.

"Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! UNBELIEVABLE!" - Gary Neville 2012

Post Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Mike_wolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

I didn't know that. It frustrates me that we'd rule our players out of a chance of playing in a game for us. But then on the flip side they probably have a better chance of a cup run where they are. :lol:

I took a look on County's forum a few weeks back and they did not like zeli, couldn't understand how he was a footballer, anyhow shortly after they had a good run and Zeli scored a few goals.

That's bad news; I thought he was doing okay there.

Zeli playing for somebody else in the cup is different. He's played for us and quite possibly won't ever again. I doubt he's even in front of Eusébio in the queue. Hause is a prospect who's done okay on loan in League 1 and has done well at England U20 level. It's absurd that we wouldn't want to look at a left-sided defensive player in an FA Cup match, subject to us being drawn against a team below us in the pyramid, to decide whether he might warrant a place on the bench and the odd try out in a game at Championship level.

That match has just finished: County 0 Accrington 0. Zeli played the whole game. Cassidy is probably still injured, but I hope Wolves wouldn't have let him play anyway. For what it's worth, Margreitter is also injured and he didn't play for Chesterfield today.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

I don't think any of our loaned out players is getting a game today. Price is over his injury, but was tweeting that he was under the weather a couple of days ago. Cassidy and Margreitter are still injured. Ismail not in squad today, not sure why. Eusébio is back from his loan. Hause is on international duty. Palace don't have a game.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cassidy back from injury and on the bench tonight for Notts Co in their FA Cup first round replay at Accrington. No Zeli, for the second match running, so perhaps he has a knock now.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cass played about half an hour. County lost 2-1. Even when we send players out on loan they still can't compete in cups.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

Kortney starts for Gills at Bradford. Cassidy starts for Notts Co home to Yeovil, no Zeli though. Jack Price, on way back from injury and illness, is on bench for Leyton Orient at home to Crewe. Georg Margreitter, also on way back from a knock, is also on bench for Chesterfield home to Barnsley. Crystal Palace ay playing. Jon Flatt not selected for Wrexham; maybe paperwork too late or maybe they want to give him a chance to settle down first.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

Notts County game was interesting. I only have the County side of the argument (always dangerous) but they say Petrasso (good little player) was being kicked all over the place, then a County player went in for a tackle and got a straight red in what their twitter bloke described as the worst decision he had seen. Petrasso scored to put them ahead, and it looked like they might get all three having had ten men for over half the game. Two latish goals left them with nothing. Referee Mr Stuart Attwell. I haven't seen it though and have only heard one side of the argument. Cass played 75 and they were ahead when he came off. Edit: Notts County twitter bloke has deleted his comments, so I can't check what he actually said. I think it was that it was the worst decision he had seen; perhaps it was that it was one of the worst. I'm not sure.

Kortney played 67 of Bradford 1 Gills 1.

Margreitter got the last three minutes of Chesterfield 2 Barnsley 1.

Jack Price got the last ten of LO 4 Crewe 1.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nibbs Minton wrote:
Notts County game was interesting. I only have the County side of the argument (always dangerous) but they say Petrasso (good little player) was being kicked all over the place, then a County player went in for a tackle and got a straight red in what their twitter bloke described as the worst decision he had seen. Petrasso scored to put them ahead, and it looked like they might get all three having had ten men for over half the game. Two latish goals left them with nothing. Referee Mr Stuart Attwell. I haven't seen it though and have only heard one side of the argument. Cass played 75 and they were ahead when he came off. Edit: Notts County twitter bloke has deleted his comments, so I can't check what he actually said. I think it was that it was the worst decision he had seen; perhaps it was that it was one of the worst. I'm not sure.

I've been in the Wilderness during the International Break and haven't read all the threads and posts, but last I read was that Price got injured and returned to us from Yeovil - so what happened and who does he play for now out of Orient or Crewe and for how long?

When is Brick Shit Hause due back - surely must be a prospect for our defence asap?

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Nibbs Minton wrote:

I've been in the Wilderness during the International Break and haven't read all the threads and posts, but last I read was that Price got injured and returned to us from Yeovil - so what happened and who does he play for now out of Orient or Crewe and for how long?

When is Brick Shit Hause due back - surely must be a prospect for our defence asap?

Price went straight back out, to Leyton Orient. Until January, I think. The Yeovil one was only a month. Kortney is also out away at Gillingham until January. Either might have recall clauses that I don't know about. Kortney will not be available for the FA Cup third round though as he is cup tied, as I mentioned a little while ago.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nibbs Minton wrote:
[...] Jon Flatt not selected for Wrexham; maybe paperwork too late or maybe they want to give him a chance to settle down first.

This turns out to be incorrect. I checked the BBC page for the match and they had the teams up, and Flatt wasn't there. Maybe it's my error but I'm fairly sure they've subsequently edited their teamsheet listing. They have him down as Flett now, but I would have spotted that this was him.

Anyway, Jon played his first senior game on Saturday, and sadly Wrexham lost 2-3 to Altrincham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afuVSdSjctI

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Jack Price played an hour in a Leyton Orient development team match at Luton today on the way back to full fitness.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

Jon Flatt playing second game for Wrexham tonight, at Kiddie.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Sounded like Flatt did okay. Conceded an early goal but Wrexham came back to draw 1-1 and there were frequent references to Flatt saving and dashing off his line to clear the danger and other goalkeeping stuff.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

http://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/article/report-kidderminster-v-wrexham-2103122.aspx?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cassidy starts for Notts County at Sheff Utd tonight; 7.45 kick-off.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

1-1, good battling point for County. Cassidy played whole game.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

Foley starts for Blackpool in their first trip to the New York stadium,
Flatt starts for Wrexham.
Price starts for Orient at Bradford.
Margreitter on subs bench for Chesterfield at Crawley. First time the clubs have ever met, I'm hearing.
No Doyle in Palace squad today.

I think that's it.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

Foley played all of Rotherham 1 Blackpool 1.
Bradford 3 Leyton Orient 1. This was 1-1 at 76 mins, when an Os player was sent off. Price got the whole game.
Crawley 1 Chesterfield 1. Margreitter played the last 35 or so.
Wrexham 3 Aldershot 1. Wrexham came from behind to end a nine game winless streak. Jon Flatt in goal.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Highlights of the Kidderminster-Wrexham game from a few days ago. Flatty/Flatto/Jon might have been disappointed to be beaten from there, but he pulls off a couple of decent saves, isn't afraid to go in with his feet, and gets the assist for the equaliser. Wrexham in the green strip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw_VpShgCw0

Post Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

Highlights of Saturday's Wrexham - Aldershot game, with Jon Flatt in the Welsh team's goal. He's only involved in the highlights twice though. Big club Wrexham; proper highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thK5sypkzSo

Post Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Quote:
Zeli Ismail has undergone surgery to repair his cartilage and will be sidelined for approximately four to six months.

The 20-year-old winger’s impressive loan spell with Notts County is therefore at an end, and he will be back at Compton for treatment and unlikely to play again this season.
[...]

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/ismail-staying-positive-after-injury-2115294.aspx

Contracted until 2016 it says in the piece, and we had him down as 2015 which is what it says on wikipedia. Possibly a one-year option or something, but I'll update the contracts thread to 2016.

It's unlucky for him, as he was doing well there. I had been wondering why he suddenly disappeared from the squad.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Foley starts for Blackpool, Margreitter for Chesterfield. Jon Flatt probably starts for Wrexham in FA Cup. I'm having Internet problems again.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Flatt in goal for Wrexham v Maidstone in FA Cup. Kicks off soon and is on television, I assume.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Georg Margreitter played all of MKD 0 Chesterfield 1, so he's in the draw for the 3rd round. Foley played all of Blackpool 1 Birmingham 0.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Wrexham won 3-1 so Jon's in the third round. I imagine we would let him stay for that if they wanted him to.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

The BBC gave Jon MOTM, I'm hearing. Not sure it's official.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Notts Co are in JPT action at Doncaster tonight. Cassidy starts, as does Petrasso. If that lad's loan ends in a few weeks, we should be trying to get QPR to loan him out a division higher, to us. He reminds me a bit of Thierry Henry: his physique is totally different, but it's just the way he surges through from the left side and gets there ahead of the central players despite his having to control the ball as he runs. Certainly looks a player to me. Could go straight through the middle as another option to being wide left. He's a bit slight though, so maybe he could get muscled out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 430 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads