Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What two members would you like to see as a Mod?
Poll ended at Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:10 pm
CANNOCK WOLF 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
chriskamara 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Embers 17%  17%  [ 14 ]
Ironfistedmonk 26%  26%  [ 21 ]
Left back 28%  28%  [ 23 ]
suiging 17%  17%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 82

Share On:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:10 pm 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

We are looking at boosting the numbers of Mods on The Wolf, and have come up with six names that we think fit the bill perfectly, but we want you to decide. Over the next seven days, you can choose your TWO favourites, and when the poll comes to an end, the two with the highest number of votes will be made Mods.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

:(

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:18 pm 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

Why so sad? lol

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:18 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I still :smt049 you Pete x

Prediction League 2012-2013 Winner
World Cup 2014 Prediction League Winner

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nothing is wrong Lee.
*said in the way a woman says 'nothing is wrong' :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:28 pm 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

*GULP* :?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

mcdogs wrote:
We are looking at boosting the numbers of Mods on The Wolf, and have come up with six names that we think fit the bill perfectly, but we want you to decide. Over the next seven days, you can choose your TWO favourites, and when the poll comes to an end, the two with the highest number of votes will be made Mods.

Based on what criteria exactly? No problems with the candidates, but just wondered how you measured 'fitting the bill perfectly'.

You're asking us to decide on popularity alone as there is no set-out criteria for the post other than perhaps being a good egg and being a popular character about which, can quickly be diluted once joining MOD ranks and having to intervene in squabbles etc.

Boosting the numbers - or replacing some numbers?

In short, what qualities in a MOD are you seeking and then we might be able to better judge the candidates based on posting history.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:24 pm 
Most Successful Thrush Thrasher

I guess votes could be based according to the issues that were mentioned in previous 'modding' threads... eg be 'visible' on the forum, be objective and able to 'diffuse' when necessary, accept feedback...er....Can't remember what else was said... :?

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:49 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

No question. Criteria clear:
1. Regular poster
2. Thoughtful poster
3. Precise grammar
4. Accurate spellings
5. Use of vocabulary that does not resort to the profane every fucking second fucking word - or shit.
6. Sense of humour, and sense of perspective.

Easy. Job done.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:59 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

nuttymate wrote:
I guess votes could be based according to the issues that were mentioned in previous 'modding' threads... eg be 'visible' on the forum, be objective and able to 'diffuse' when necessary, accept feedback...er....Can't remember what else was said... :?

I agree with you & SilverstoneWolf, however I would also say that people should vote based on what they think a moderator should do and who would best fit this opinion. I reckon we'd all have similar ideas anyway (although I don't think a mod needs to be visable to be able to do the job, but an even mix of the 2 would probably be suitable). All the names above were put forward by various members of the mod team, we discussed these and others and made a collective decision on who would be most suited.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:24 pm 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Based on what criteria exactly? No problems with the candidates, but just wondered how you measured 'fitting the bill perfectly'.

You're asking us to decide on popularity alone as there is no set-out criteria for the post other than perhaps being a good egg and being a popular character about which, can quickly be diluted once joining MOD ranks and having to intervene in squabbles etc.

In short, what qualities in a MOD are you seeking and then we might be able to better judge the candidates based on posting history.

As an ex Moderator, it's quite worrying that you don't know the criteria :lol: :wink:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:24 am 
Manager
Manager

mcdogs wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

As an ex Moderator, it's quite worrying that you don't know the criteria :lol: :wink:

It's worrying that after all you mods, super mods and owners etc etc put your heads together you had to go to a poll.
I take it being decisive isn't in the criteria :mrgreen: although I hope having a sense of humour is :wink:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:21 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
mcdogs wrote:

kin ell mossie one cor win.Including your time in the seat, the Mod selection process on here has been similar to North Korea, in fact mcdogs's lad was due to become chief moderator on here next week but it all went tits up until he grew his hair.
The six names nominated are all more than worthy candidates for the role of Mod for their varying degrees of expertise,knowledge,common sense and indeed their resilience, some of um ACTUALLY goo to the games as well!!
This is the first time in this sites history that the clients of it have been able to select the people that they wish to Mod them, yet yam still bally aching about it??

I dunno.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:33 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
mcdogs wrote:

kin ell mossie one cor win.Including your time in the seat, the Mod selection process on here has been similar to North Korea, in fact mcdogs's lad was due to become chief moderator on here next week but it all went tits up until he grew his hair.
The six names nominated are all more than worthy candidates for the role of Mod for their varying degrees of expertise,knowledge,common sense and indeed their resilience, some of um ACTUALLY goo to the games as well!!
This is the first time in this sites history that the clients of it have been able to select the people that they wish to Mod them, yet yam still bally aching about it??

I dunno.

Not ball aching at all albeit, reading the first reply, some feel they perhaps should have made the list and didn't.

I cannot identify any real differences between any of the Candidates listed insofar as they're all equally capable (in my opinion,) of doing the job. I'm more interested to know which of them REALLY wants it, which of them ain't that fussed, but will do it if voted in or, any that didn't really want to be on the list in the first place.

Why not make them all MODs and we can each have our own Personal Moderator. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:09 am 
Manager
Manager

i sit in amazement and despair as to how complicated things are made on this board as every move in the right direction is met with even more complications. there are much bigger problems and complications in life than a wolves forum. i wonder how many of you would cope if you had mt Everest plonked in front of you and you hadn't got the strength to climb it. this post is not aimed at any individual but a general awareness of the turmoil here over the past month or so. not sure if i should vote as im not sure my short term tenure here will count.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:18 am 
Manager
Manager

wwfcpogue wrote:
i sit in amazement and despair as to how complicated things are made on this board as every move in the right direction is met with even more complications. there are much bigger problems and complications in life than a wolves forum. i wonder how many of you would cope if you had mt Everest plonked in front of you and you hadn't got the strength to climb it. this post is not aimed at any individual but a general awareness of the turmoil here over the past month or so. not sure if i should vote as im not sure my short term tenure here will count.

You hit the nail on the head as the majority of us don't have a Mount Everest to climb and can therefore spend our time on trivial things winding each other up. It's either this or back to back Omnibus editions of Eastenders. :lol:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:10 am 

Well I aint been this excited since a lad called Dave managed to undo my bra one handed, parked under the cut bridge and Johnny Logan playing in the background...
I'll be casting my vote shortly, based on who is least likely to leave a bad taste in my mouth...

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:55 am 
Manager
Manager

It's all about about having a badge ffs,to have "mod" or "greatest brain" displayed in lights :lol:
Take that away and no bleeder would really know who was a mod,cleverest ****** or biggest cock.
I wager take away the "sign" and not many would want to do it or care who did :wink:
I bet someone will get biggest **** displayed on his now :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:59 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Is Muss an official mod now? He has some award under his name, forums twattiest or something like that so I'm not sure :D

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:03 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Is Muss an official mod now? He has some award under his name, forums twattiest or something like that so I'm not sure :D

I'm waiting for yours IFM!!!Maybe flatpack champion 2014/15 :lol:
You gotta laugh.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:07 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

You gotta laugh.

I can't believe 7 people voted for me, some people really are stupid! :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:08 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

You gotta laugh.

Well if you get in find out who did and ban them straight away :wink:

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:13 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

You gotta laugh.

They are banking on you getting them 10% discount in IKEA. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:17 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

No probs, I get reward points anyway

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:23 am 
Manager
Manager

Anyway why can't i see my avatar??Any help please.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:26 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

You gotta laugh.

ahh, reverse logic eh, ha ha ya cor catch me out,I voted for you so there!!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:27 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

:lol:

No, I ay a mod.

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:34 am 

Tis started already...there will be theories galore regarding the inner sacred sanctum of modding....
I just cant get picture out my head of Rozza and Left Back in helmets with Maverick and Iceman on... :?
Tis the stuff threesome.....I mean...dreams are made of....

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:39 am 
Manager
Manager

nuttymate wrote:

Tis started already...there will be theories galore regarding the inner sacred sanctum of modding....
I just cant get picture out my head of Rozza and Left Back in helmets with Maverick and Iceman on... :?
Tis the stuff threesome.....I mean...dreams are made of....

From just simply The Wolf's Biggest Pain in the Arse award to The Wolf's Biggest Pain in the Arse MOD award. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:02 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:

ahh, reverse logic eh, ha ha ya cor catch me out,I voted for you so there!!

Yowm dafter than I thought

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads