Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What two members would you like to see as a Mod?
Poll ended at Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:10 pm
CANNOCK WOLF 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
chriskamara 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Embers 17%  17%  [ 14 ]
Ironfistedmonk 26%  26%  [ 21 ]
Left back 28%  28%  [ 23 ]
suiging 17%  17%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 82

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:03 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

FrankMunro-371 wrote:
The sudden appearance of Moderators on this thread proves my point.

Sadly you do not get it. If you need new moderators, then ask people to put their name forward, not put forward names yourselves. You really have made yourselves look rather silly. And it is hardly a surprise that KK was not deemed worthy of nomination.

Based on your logic frank, moderators now need to ignore your views is that what yam saying?

I like your use of the term 'sudden' though :lol:

Come on people, get voting for suiging or I stand to lose thousands.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:24 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hey Rozz, get lost with your sudden opinions, they ain't welcome, especially if you need to reply to something on an open forum.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

FrankMunro-371 wrote:
How can some-one vote, and then change their mind?

I have now lost another..lol
Are the people voting for me dying, after they have cast their vote?

There are certainly more important things in life to worry about, but it is strange.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:25 am 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
FrankMunro-371 wrote:
How can some-one vote, and then change their mind?

There are certainly more important things in life to worry about, but it is strange.

It's exciting though. Just wait until Nigel Garage is parachuted in.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:46 am 
Manager
Manager

It's the ikea promise that's drawing them away.

Three or four? | Pub team selection explained | Puns | Keep Calm | More

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:19 am 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:

The poll does allow people to change their vote, it may just be that people think you are so far behind, they might as well swap their vote to one of the other nominees to influence the final decisions. We have no power over this and cannot change the results in any way.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Considering that the Candidates were chosen for us as some kind of closed shop compromise and if it goes wrong, it is our fault type scenario, I am yet to vote, perhaps I will, perhaps I won't albeit, as far as I am aware, ADMIN can see who voted and who you voted for - MODs cannot; please vote for those TWO candidates that YOU think will do their best for the Forum and not just bolster the forces of Mods against Members which is how it appears to be (again) now.

Please vote for anyone you think that has enough computer literacy to actually do something positive and not just feed their own ego. Someone who is prepared to do the boring housework and tiding up.

Vote for someone who can give and take, mediate without acting like a childish school kid who has lost their Dummy every time a suggestion or question is asked or they feel their little domain is being threatened.

I hadn't realised previously that anyone could edit their vote so you STILL have the chance to swing it anyway you would wish to do so.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Considering that the Candidates were chosen for us as some kind of closed shop compromise and if it goes wrong, it is our fault type scenario, I am yet to vote, perhaps I will, perhaps I won't albeit, as far as I am aware, ADMIN can see who voted and who you voted for - MODs cannot; please vote for those TWO candidates that YOU think will do their best for the Forum and not just bolster the forces of Mods against Members which is how it appears to be (again) now.

Please vote for anyone you think that has enough computer literacy to actually do something positive and not just feed their own ego. Someone who is prepared to do the boring housework and tiding up.

Vote for someone who can give and take, mediate without acting like a childish school kid who has lost their Dummy every time a suggestion or question is asked or they feel their little domain is being threatened.

I hadn't realised previously that anyone could edit their vote so you STILL have the chance to swing it anyway you would wish to do so.

I did that with the end of season votes Moscow and at the time you think you have done the right thing and then you realise you should have put your x elsewhere.Like i did for the Best Overseas Member :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

I did that with the end of season votes Moscow and at the time you think you have done the right thing and then you realise you should have put your x elsewhere.Like i did for the Best Overseas Member :mrgreen:

Fully understood and accepted - Suiging is moving home after the defeat and I am thinking of returning home just so that I could enter the Most Funniest Member section. :wink:

I'll be glad when you're up, about and mobile again and back at work so as you won't keep stalking me. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

Fully understood and accepted - Suiging is moving home after the defeat and I am thinking of returning home just so that I could enter the Most Funniest Member section. :wink:

I'll be glad when you're up, about and mobile again and back at work so as you won't keep stalking me. :wink:

Me too :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

I wouldn't bother going for funniest member Moscow,now that is rigged :wink: :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:23 pm 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

Moscow Wolf wrote:
ADMIN can see who voted and who you voted for

Wrong again, this is becoming a habit!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

mcdogs wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
ADMIN can see who voted and who you voted for

Wrong again, this is becoming a habit!

I got it from Tripp ages ago, but perhaps him being a former Hacker knew more about the software than you do - that wasn't meant to be offensive. I can recall him sending me PM's concerning stuff we wrote about him in the Staff Room so he had access to that also. He was cagey though when I asked about his ability to read our PM's. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:30 pm 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

I can assure you that no-one can see who has voted for who unless they want to have a go at hacking the database!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

mcdogs wrote:
I can assure you that no-one can see who has voted for who unless they want to have a go at hacking the database!

Plus, don't forget, he buggered Stokie's computer after certain messages were exchanged. :lol:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
mcdogs wrote:

Plus, don't forget, he buggered Stokie's computer after certain messages were exchanged. :lol:

Glad it was just his computer.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
mcdogs wrote:

Glad it was just his computer.

If you assure me that you promise to keep the PRON fresh and not too disgusting, you could have my vote.

As it stands, those with any realistic chance of winning are: -

Embers [ 15 ]
Ironfistedmonk [ 19 ]
Left back [ 21 ]
suiging [ 13 ]

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well I for one won`t be changing my vote. When can we expect the white smoke then?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

I would like to congratulate IFM and LB now. Well done lads the poison chalice is yours :D

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
Well I for one won`t be changing my vote. When can we expect the white smoke then?

Polls close 7.10 Saturday evening.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
I would like to congratulate IFM and LB now. Well done lads the poison chalice is yours :D

That's the downside, but it isn't over yet plus, they could refuse. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

muss wrote:
desiwulf wrote:

Poll runs till Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:10 pm - on my screen albeit, that might be my LOCAL time? :?

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
muss wrote:
desiwulf wrote:

Poll runs till Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:10 pm - on my screen albeit, that might be my LOCAL time? :?

Check what time I made this post. It's now 5.18 UK time. Synchronise watches, men.

You might still be set to Moscow time.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:42 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Moscow Wolf wrote:
MODs cannot; please vote for those TWO candidates that YOU think will do their best for the Forum and not just bolster the forces of Mods against Members which is how it appears to be (again) now.

This is not the case. I, and none of the mod team are against anyone on this forum, only people that shit stir. Sound familiar?

Oh, am I defending the mod team again? :roll:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:

Perhaps it will by like a Masonic ceremony, and brothers Back and Monk will be presented with fish-tail parkas.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
If you assure me that you promise to keep the PRON fresh and not too disgusting, you could have my vote.

You can keep your vote, but I've popped a little pressy for you, in 18+ :wink:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:59 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
MODs cannot; please vote for those TWO candidates that YOU think will do their best for the Forum and not just bolster the forces of Mods against Members which is how it appears to be (again) now.

This is not the case. I, and none of the mod team are against anyone on this forum, only people that shit stir. Sound familiar?

Oh, am I defending the mod team again? :roll:

Dear Cally, it is the CASE and you are the main perpetrator. It is YOU that is always stirring the proverbial shit - if you just did your job then nobody could have a complaint, but you do not do your job. If my sticky in the Staff Room still exists then it says that MODs should avoid all conflict however, every time I post an opinion, a constructive suggestion or a question YOU attack me with your 'boring' label. I know you don't like me, that much is obvious, but please open your mind, try lateral thinking and don't lock every thread when you're losing - you're out of your depth, go give your saddle a warming and do a few miles down the A1 or something.

Edit. BTW if you think that you are so important and wanted then, add a POLL asking which MODs we want to have if YOU dare!

Edit 2. Have deleted the cycling part as it was personal and not necessary - was just angry and had had a little too much to drink. Apologies for that part albeit, the rest stays.

Mark Twain

Last edited by Moscow Wolf on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

Tried to get in and asked premission but looks like 18+ is a closed shop too :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

Tried to get in and asked premission but looks like 18+ is a closed shop too :lol:

Nah, it isn't that your not 18, it is just that you're TOO OLD and the Forum can't take the risk of allowing you to watch PRON as you might break something else.

PM McDogs and you're in. Wait for a MOD to do it and you'll be too old to enjoy it. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

Harsh :roll: :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads