Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:43 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
I thought he was the worst player in the Wales midfield, and was duly replaced, and its you guys who tell us we know nothing about football not the other way round :roll:

I dont know why you bite IFM the people who know shag all about football time after time try and create a side show, a soap opera.
They deal in vague shit, never nailing anything remotely worth consideration. Just fucking ignore them.

Léo Bonatini using the space Wolves have neglected for decades.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
I thought he was the worst player in the Wales midfield, and was duly replaced, and its you guys who tell us we know nothing about football not the other way round :roll:

He was injured.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:52 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

He was injured.

He was hiding for a lot of the match, not offering a passing option to his team mates, often putting a Slovak player between himself and his team mate on the ball. Slovakia were getting on top and removing him and putting Joe Ledley on got Wales back on the front foot for the win

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

He was hiding for a lot of the match, not offering a passing option to his team mates,

That was NOT what the commentator/pundit said at all...but what does he know?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:19 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

He was hiding for a lot of the match, not offering a passing option to his team mates,

Yes what do they know? They are pundits and not managers/coaches for a reason. Are you holding up Robbie Savage as some sort of genius footballing tactician? Dean Fucking Saunders was on the panel!

British football is full of old boys doing and saying the same things, it's why we will never win anything again and why there are so many foreigners involved at the highest level of our game.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Yes what do they know? They are pundits and not managers/coaches for a reason. Are you holding up Robbie Savage as some sort of genius footballing tactician? Dean Fucking Saunders was on the panel!

British football is full of old boys doing and saying the same things, it's why we will never win anything again and why there are so many foreigners involved at the highest level of our game.

Robbie Savage was the one who said it, now you mention it. I have to admit that he knows a lot more about footie than me and I suspect that he knows a lot more than both of us put together. :wink:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:09 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

I dont know why you bite IFM the people who know shag all about football time after time try and create a side show, a soap opera.
They deal in vague shit, never nailing anything remotely worth consideration. Just fucking ignore them.

The problem is KK, as one of those who know shag all about football, I keep forgetting that your opinion is far more important, knowledgeable valuable and insightful than mine and I sometimes go ahead and state one myself (rare though).

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:22 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Just love it when we all start falling out over an opinion.

And Dernjerus - lovely bloke that he is - has divided opinion like no other on here.

My only problem is when people start stating opinion as fact - a bit like 'will we be better off or worse off if we leave EU?'. No-one has 'facts', just opinions; some well-informed, some just 'guesses'.

I suspect that our divided opinions on Dernjerus will in the end be as unimportant as our individual vote on Brexit or Remain - but the debate will go on ... and on ... and on....

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:26 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Just love it when we all start falling out over an opinion.

And Dernjerus - lovely bloke that he is - has divided opinion like no other on here.

My only problem is when people start stating opinion as fact - a bit like 'will we be better off or worse off if we leave EU?'. No-one has 'facts', just opinions; some well-informed, some just 'guesses'.

I suspect that our divided opinions on Dernjerus will in the end be as unimportant as our individual vote on Brexit or Remain - but the debate will go on ... and on ... and on....

Good points. Or are you saying Dave's performance will determine the outcome on 23rd? :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

Well, here are his stats and they seem pretty good to me. Was he really the worst player in their midfield? :shock:

Quote:
Here’s David Edwards’ total contributions in Wales’ 2-1 victory over Slovakia

Successful passes: 17
Unsuccessful passes: 3 (pass accuracy 85%)
Shots: 0
Clearances 2 (1 successful)
Tackles: 3 (2 successful)
Interceptions: 3
Headers: 1 (successful)
Fouls committed: 2

http://the72.co.uk/57393/wolves-stats-a ... 16-opener/

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:42 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:

Robbie Savage was the one who said it, now you mention it. I have to admit that he knows a lot more about footie than me and I suspect that he knows a lot more than both of us put together. :wink:

That would be an interesting topic for discussion, why are ex-pro's considered to be more knowledgeable of football than fans. Most scouts aren't ex-pro's so I think you can have an eye for a player without having played the game.

I wasn't going to make any comments on Dave at all but my opinion on him seems to bother others so much they have little digs so I couldn't resist.

I see SEL is getting the stats out, as you have only put up Dave's stats there is nothing to compare them to so they are irrelevant, and stats don't tell the whole story anyway, I can hardly remember him touching the ball.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:25 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

knocker knowles wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

There was me believing you to be more insightful than the rest of us.
He just can't help himself,cant you see it.
That's the trouble with obsession,it just won't leave you alone.
I've been worried about him for quite some time.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
I can hardly remember him touching the ball.

Twenty passes, one header, three interceptions and two clearances makes one touch nearly every two minutes on the pitch and you say he was hiding. :lol:

Come on IFM, lighten up. :wink:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

I wasn't going to make any comments on Dave at all but my opinion on him seems to bother others so much they have little digs so I couldn't resist.

Ian, I wasn't having a dig, I was saying that I thought he was having a good game but you disagreed. Fair enough, you can disagree but I presented his stats which I believe blows holes in your opinion about his performance in that particular game. Your opinion about him doesn't bother me at all...it's just that I do find it astoundingly laughable. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:47 pm 
First XI
First XI

SELWolf wrote:
Well, here are his stats and they seem pretty good to me. Was he really the worst player in their midfield? :shock:

Quote:
Here’s David Edwards’ total contributions in Wales’ 2-1 victory over Slovakia

Successful passes: 17
Unsuccessful passes: 3 (pass accuracy 85%)
Shots: 0
Clearances 2 (1 successful)
Tackles: 3 (2 successful)
Interceptions: 3
Headers: 1 (successful)
Fouls committed: 2

http://the72.co.uk/57393/wolves-stats-a ... 16-opener/

I don't know if stats can tell the whole picture. He may have had a solid passing accuracy rate, but what kind of passes did he make? I can't seem to recall very many passes he made that weren't to the man right in front or right next to him. I don't think he facilitated the Welsh attack at all. Maybe that's a function of him sitting deeper than he usually does with Wolves, I don't know. And maybe he is in the lineup to not muck things up and just make the simple play. I am not privy to Coleman's gameplans. I will be curious to see what Edwards' role is against a team like England that will require more creativity and skill for Wales to score. But the Welsh, most likely, will only need one point from the last two matches to get into the knockout stage.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:50 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
SELWolf wrote:

That would be an interesting topic for discussion, why are ex-pro's considered to be more knowledgeable of football than fans. Most scouts aren't ex-pro's so I think you can have an eye for a player without having played the game.

I see SEL is getting the stats out, as you have only put up Dave's stats there is nothing to compare them to so they are irrelevant, and stats don't tell the whole story anyway, I can hardly remember him touching the ball.

Mr Fister.
For the umpteenth time :roll: you do not know more about football than someone who has spent their whole childhood and adult life in the business from youth team to first team to lower league to premier to cup finals to international football to management for fucks sake.

If yow was as good as yow think yow am yow would have been earning a living from it by now dont you think?

Chatting shit on the internet DONT make you a genius at sport in ANY format,devoting ones life to your chosen sport, excelling at it, then achieving greatness DOES!, sitting on your fat arse typing bollocks does not give you the credentials to even compete with those people who have been gifted the skills to do so.

I hope this advice may settle matters, if not, may I suggest that you follow a fire engine, then, when it arrives at the scene of the inferno, you get out your camping chair whilst the heroes rush headlong into the heat.
You must then type furiously about how the hoses were of insufficient width, how the water pressure was 2 bar below what you would have preferred it to be, how the carrying of victims out of the house lacked finesse, and so on and so forth :roll:

KK, ditto, innit.

Peace and love.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

I shouldn't comment to stir the shit but I did find that funny. :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:56 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
I shouldn't comment to stir the shit but I did find that funny. :lol:

Sel, check out the ad campaign where Jessica Ennis Hill gets dissed by a sausage dog, tay far off what I am trying to say really.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Oh God, I love this site. :D

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:18 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:

Mr Fister.
For the umpteenth time :roll: you do not know more about football than someone who has spent their whole childhood and adult life in the business from youth team to first team to lower league to premier to cup finals to international football to management for fucks sake.

If yow was as good as yow think yow am yow would have been earning a living from it by now dont you think?

Chatting shit on the internet DONT make you a genius at sport in ANY format,devoting ones life to your chosen sport, excelling at it, then achieving greatness DOES!, sitting on your fat arse typing bollocks does not give you the credentials to even compete with those people who have been gifted the skills to do so.

I hope this advice may settle matters, if not, may I suggest that you follow a fire engine, then, when it arrives at the scene of the inferno, you get out your camping chair whilst the heroes rush headlong into the heat.
You must then type furiously about how the hoses were of insufficient width, how the water pressure was 2 bar below what you would have preferred it to be, how the carrying of victims out of the house lacked finesse, and so on and so forth :roll:

KK, ditto, innit.

Peace and love.

Sorry I'm not reading all that, I have a limited attention span. :D

I've never actually said I do know more, I have been told I know less by others because they don't agree with me and they agree with some manager or coach and that is what I am challenging. A different manager/coach may see things the same as I do so would that make me right?

Just because you have been involved in the pro game doesn't make you automatically right on everything and every fan wrong

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:

Just because you have been involved in the pro game doesn't make you automatically right on everything and every fan wrong

True on both counts - the first because you missed Dernjerus's several involvements in the game on Saturday and the second 'cos, well, you're right 'cos I said so. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:24 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

True on both counts - the first because you missed Dernjerus's several involvements in the game on Saturday and the second 'cos, well, you're right 'cos I said so. :mrgreen:

I love Dave's professionalism and commitment, can we be friends again :D

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

I love Dave's professionalism and commitment, can we be friends again :D

We've never been anything but, I thought. :shock:

Anyhow, I'm on my jollies tomorrow morning so all this bollox will be far from my mind until we return home. :wink:

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:34 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Unfortunately I thought the obvious swap was Ledley for our Dave.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Unfortunately I thought the obvious swap was Ledley for our Dave.

He didn't do badly for someone who broke his leg five weeks ago, aye? :wink:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:03 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

I would have thought that Colman having selected Dave to do
the required job would have indicated that he trusted him to do it.
He is our only representative at these Euro's,so good luck Dave,and
come back healthy.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:06 pm 

wolfrunna wrote:
come back healthy.

Hear! Hear!

"But what does Coleman know? Just another numpty who thinks our Dave can do a job at international level, when so many fans opine that Dernjerus is one of the worst players ever to grace the hallowed turf of the Mol and should never again be picked." Sigh....!!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:
come back healthy.

Hear! Hear!

"But what does Coleman know? Just another numpty who thinks our Dave can do a job at international level, when so many fans opine that Dernjerus is one of the worst players ever to grace the hallowed turf of the Mol and should never again be picked." Sigh....!!!!

God speed Dave...we need you fit and healthy, so we can maximise profit :wink:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:37 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Ironfistedmonk wrote:

He was injured.

He was hiding for a lot of the match, not offering a passing option to his team mates, often putting a Slovak player between himself and his team mate on the ball. Slovakia were getting on top and removing him and putting Joe Ledley on got Wales back on the front foot for the win

When anyone gives an opinion on a players performance be that good, bad or indifferent its usually done without the knowledge of the job spec.
Be that a fan, pundit, coach or chief bottle washer.
What we dont know is what Chris Coleman was asking of Dave Edwards what was required of him within Wales game plan.
What Chris Coleman and anyone else wouldn't know pre game was would that game plan work, so we play the game to find out a few answers.
Now in all of this even if Dave Edwards had performed his role to a T, it might have been the wrong thought process all along.
So we tend to generalise, we look at the role requirements as we see them and use that as a base to form an opinion.

For what its worth I believe Dave Edwards gets selected on the most part for what he can produce off the ball not on it.
I think most people would agree with that, its a no shit sherlock statement.

So looking at his performance, did Dave Edwards have the aptitude to cover and fill in for his centre backs, did he fill in holes that appear on the pitch.
The answers yes, in a basic way Edwards produced a performance which helped his side get a result.
Athletic, concentrated and for the most part effective.

Yet when the role required a little more quality with the ball when the coach needed to be a little adventurous he had to be replaced.
The coach had to insert a player who can pass a forward ball with a little quality, which he did.

Did Edwards on the day do himself and his club proud, yes he did with obvious limitations.

Léo Bonatini using the space Wolves have neglected for decades.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:11 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Dave did what Dave does.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » THE LOCKER ROOM » Retired threads