Manager
Manager

From near heart attack to elation in a few seconds. :mrgreen:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:52 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Wolfhawk wrote:
C'mon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the faith mate!! This team has something special going for it even when not at its best.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
Wolfhawk wrote:

Keep the faith mate!! This team has something special going for it even when not at its best.

I agree. I wrote that after I watched Doherty score the goal. haha.

I think this is certainly one game the team can learn a lot from. But a great win just the same. The kind of win that you need to grind out now and then to get promotion from out of this league.

What a mixed game for Ruddy. Made up for it in the second half.

Costa did very well in the short time he was on the pitch.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

Lucky to get the win by all accounts but that is the cliché about a good team isn't it. Getting those results no matter what.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:11 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Wolfhawk wrote:
Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
Wolfhawk wrote:

I agree. I wrote that after I watched Doherty score the goal. haha.

I think this is certainly one game the team can learn a lot from. But a great win just the same. The kind of win that you need to grind out now and then to get promotion from out of this league.

What a mixed game for Ruddy. Made up for it in the second half.

Costa did very well in the short time he was on the pitch.

Costa will be a star in the second half of the season. Norris will, I believe, finish the season ahead of Ruddy.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

Saw the match, pretty dreadful performance all in all.

A few lucky bounces and Reading's sloppy finishing saved us. I can't remember us actually having any other efforts on goal aside from the 2 goals. Central midfield pretty anonymous, Ruddy far from convincing, Cav had a good first half then faded.

Nothing off the bench to worry the opposition's defence, roll on January please.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:14 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

39 per cent possession and out shot 16-10....not an easy win at all

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

One thing I have to say - love us grinding out three points when we were not at our best on a day where the shit take four and sink that bit closer to the relegation zone.

C'mon West Ham and Swansea. Another passing on the escalator ahead I think.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

It seems from those who were able to watch the game that we had a poor game but, c`mon, 3 points when you`re having a bad `un? I`ll take it all day long.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

Opinions and all that Old Chestnut, but I came on here after the final whistle not having seen the game or really followed it to read doom and gloom; folks quoting stats that looked dismal so, at 8pm Bulgarian time I sat down to watch the full 90 minutes fully knowing that we had won 0-2 (just like I predicted) and awaited the dismal performance as depicted on here.

Well, everyone sees a different game, I didn't have my Rose Tinted spectacles on either and just wanted to see where we were so bad..... We were VERY FOOKIN GOOD; we controlled 80+ minutes of that game and if there was a STAT for Chances Created then, we'd have won that by a country mile.

Criticism of Ruddy.... if you watch their first shot then, the ball is swirling and takes a lucky bounce in front of Ruddy. I'm not sure he had time to see it coming, but he reacted as well as anyone could and it did not go in. Yes, on the Coady back pass (which was not the best by a long chalk), Ruddy skewed his kick, but everyone makes mistakes and Goalies' mistakes get noticed and remembered more that out field players usually.

Now, I don't know or care just how many Reading players were away on International duty, but I can imagine that a few of ours certainly were and if not then, some would have taken the time to go home and visit family; not trying to make excuses here, but I think we became a bit sloppy towards the last 15 minutes due to tiredness and the bloody torrential rain.

Yes, the Stats say that Reading had the Lion's share of possession and they did, but they didn't achieve much for it. Nuno don't seem to mind just how much possession the opposition have, we don't chase balls whilst the other team tippy tappies about, we control space and wait for them to give us the ball back and then we counter and we're getting very good at doing that albeit, IF we could have got on the end of numerous chances then it could have been a cricket score.

I cannot really say that any of ours had a bad game albeit, Bennett pished me off with one typical 'take their man out' for which he got a Yellow and was responsible for their best chance during the final 10 minutes. I haven't seen enough of the man to be able to judge him with authority, but I didn't like those two things I saw.

I have no idea where Miranda was today and of course we didn't have Douglas. If this is labelled a bad performance from our lads then, I'll take the two nils every week until we win this League. We made them look decent by our few mixup mistakes period and one other thing, I saw Dave Edwards three times during that game (two of those moments were his coming on and his going off at the final whistle,) and I still wonder where he plays and what he does. :roll:

Well done to the travelling support loud and proud for most of the game, but where were the Reading supporters, 20k crowd and so many empty seats!

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

I thought we totally dominated the centre of the pitch despite gifting large amounts of possession to the home side. Reading only managed to break through on a couple of occasion's usually when we sloppily gave the ball away or it ricocheted to them from a rebound of one of our own players. Reading were left mainly to exploring the flanks and I thought Vinaigre in particular did very well.
Great one handed reaction save by Ruddy in the second half when Reading did break through our defensive line. When you hear people talk about 'football magic' this save was absolutely one of those moments. I think all Wolves fans were just waiting for the ball to hit the back of the net. It was a save that definitely won us the match and he had shortly before made another great save diving at full stretch. These missed opportunities from Reading certainly gifted us a very hard fought match but overall we definitely looked the classier side and the team worked hard to block, intercept and win the ball in crucial areas. Both our goals were well worked and reflected our quality on the ball.

Sat in the Reading section in the south west corner the 4,000 Wolves fans were loud and made the Reading support look absolutely pathetic in comparison and the inevitable 'are we in a library?' was very appropriate.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

From what I saw of the brief game highlights on C5, we rode our luck big time and got away with a sloppy performance. However, as has been said earlier, winning when you are not playing that well in a game is a priceless commodity.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
From what I saw of the brief game highlights on C5, we rode our luck big time and got away with a sloppy performance. However, as has been said earlier, winning when you are not playing that well in a game is a priceless commodity.

It's also the prerequisite for promotion

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:47 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

suiging wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

It's also the prerequisite for promotion

I don't think we rode our luck "big time", but agree we were sloppy at times. I watched those highlights too, and I thought we looked pretty good. On to Leeds, that's all we need to think about now. I'm sure that is what our fantastic manager is saying.

Where's the "Just got back" Silver? I'm waiting with baited breath :-)

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:52 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

As long as we know how to step up a gear or two when we need to then I'm not bothered. Against Fulham I got the distinct impression that the team were happy to contain the opposition once we secured a lead, which if you're solid enough is fair enough. Obviously we can't get away with being sloppy, but we're not going to be world beaters in every game. I just want to win and get promoted, and as long as that continues to happen and we manage to bounce back from slip-ups then I'm happy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

Highlights are highlights, but if you want the truth then, you need to view the whole 90+ minutes. I've seen a few games on the Box this season with and without commentary and this side is good.

Prior to Nuno, an International Break usually meant a defeat the first matchday after, but we win AWAY at a team that can play a bit of football and who CHANGED their system to try and contend with us. A couple of chances missed by the opposition does not mean 'we rode our luck', just compare with the amount of chances we created.

Even Barcelona have off days and still win FFS. :roll:

Bring on Leeds albeit, I am not going into this game full of bravado and overconfidence, each game as it comes and we won't win them all, but enough, I trust.

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:32 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

I was fotunate enough to watch this game on thebox and the Fulham game...I was very nervous at the chances reading had and a better finishing side would have punished us.

But wolves are always dangerous in attack and likely to score .....so although they had 61 per cent possession and out shot wolves 16-10....it was th3 quality up front that made the difference.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

caribbean wolf wrote:
I was fotunate enough to watch this game on thebox and the Fulham game...I was very nervous at the chances reading had and a better finishing side would have punished us.

But wolves are always dangerous in attack and likely to score .....so although they had 61 per cent possession and out shot wolves 16-10....it was th3 quality up front that made the difference.

And the quality at the back which stopped the dhots - Boly, Coady, Doc...even Ruddy despite his misdemeanours.

About Ruddy, to be fair, it was atrocious weather and difficult for any keeper - especially theirs. :mrgreen:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:10 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

caribbean wolf wrote:

May I refer the right honourable gentleman to the answer given previously on many occasions regarding the onion bag..........

Post Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:
caribbean wolf wrote:

May I refer the right honourable gentleman to the answer given previously on many occasions regarding the onion bag..........

:smt023

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:45 am 
Manager
Manager

https://twitter.com/11tegen11/status/931932138617868295

We can see how Reading restricted Wolves ability to play the diagonal ball into the space in front of the wingback.
Doing so by restricting their own forward movement in those wide positions, to enable a quick recovery position.

Wolves then withdrew the centre forward, central striker into a high midfield position to receive a more difficult pass, less angle.
And link and go from there.

Never be surprised when Conservatives put Profit before People.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

Very interesting that link, KK....

Post Posted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Rozza wrote:
caribbean wolf wrote:

:smt023

:thcorner

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:56 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

I've only seen the highlights on C5,but so impressed with Matt Doherty.
I know he has worked hard on his left foot,without which,he wouldn't have scored his goal.
Well done Matt.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies