Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:54 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:40 pm
Posts: 2912
Without shadow of a doubt, the best goal I've ever seen 'in the flesh'.

At the game I just stood open mouthed looking at my other half, it didn't seem real.

I must've watched the replay 50 times since I got in and it gets better each time.

_________________
Remember, when you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It is only painful for others.
The same applies when you are stupid.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 4597
We need 8 points from 4 very winnable games to hit that magical 100 point barrier. Bring it on! 8)

I thought this run of fixtures might hurt us. But to beat Boro, Cardiff and Derby, all top 6 sides, in such a short space. Outstanding.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:20 am 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 8839
Location: The Cotswolds
Utter utter genius, best goal i have ever seen.

Cannot do 'just got back tonight .... Still can't get the smile off my typing hand....

_________________
E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:53 am 
Offline
First XI
First XI
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:52 am
Posts: 1963
Location: Wolverhampton
Neves receives all the plaudits and rightly so for a magnificent strike, the likes of which I struggle to recall being bettered in 55 years as a Wolves fan. But , I have to say, our first goal was also a beautiful example of the type of devastating football with which we are becoming associated. A brilliant ball from big Wiily and a super cool finish from the classy Jota.
A superb professional performance from the champions elect.

_________________
My son - Wolves through and through. The best part of my life is going to the match with him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:24 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20219
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
I think this picture sums up Neves' goal quite nicely :-D Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:33 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7171
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
it was a decent goal but Alex Rae's up at Bolton in 2003 was better... 8)




ONLY JOKING......................... :lol: :lol:

Simply World Class that strike, outrageous skill.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Posts: 1524
Location: WOLVERHAMPTON
Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
Neves receives all the plaudits and rightly so for a magnificent strike, the likes of which I struggle to recall being bettered in 55 years as a Wolves fan. But , I have to say, our first goal was also a beautiful example of the type of devastating football with which we are becoming associated. A brilliant ball from big Wiily and a super cool finish from the classy Jota.
A superb professional performance from the champions elect.

There was absolutely nothing fortunate about the Jota goal.
10/10 from Willy and 10/10 run,control turn and dink it past the keeper from Diogo.
Both goals sublime.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20219
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
wolfrunna wrote:
Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
Neves receives all the plaudits and rightly so for a magnificent strike, the likes of which I struggle to recall being bettered in 55 years as a Wolves fan. But , I have to say, our first goal was also a beautiful example of the type of devastating football with which we are becoming associated. A brilliant ball from big Wiily and a super cool finish from the classy Jota.
A superb professional performance from the champions elect.

There was absolutely nothing fortunate about the Jota goal.
10/10 from Willy and 10/10 run,control turn and dink it past the keeper from Diogo.
Both goals sublime.


Absolutely, I feel for Jota & Boly because the goal isn’t getting much credit (I don’t think they mind lol) but the pass & finish was superb. We’re so lucky.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:57 pm 
Offline
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Posts: 1524
Location: WOLVERHAMPTON
Cally wrote:
wolfrunna wrote:
Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
Neves receives all the plaudits and rightly so for a magnificent strike, the likes of which I struggle to recall being bettered in 55 years as a Wolves fan. But , I have to say, our first goal was also a beautiful example of the type of devastating football with which we are becoming associated. A brilliant ball from big Wiily and a super cool finish from the classy Jota.
A superb professional performance from the champions elect.

There was absolutely nothing fortunate about the Jota goal.
10/10 from Willy and 10/10 run,control turn and dink it past the keeper from Diogo.
Both goals sublime.


Absolutely, I feel for Jota & Boly because the goal isn’t getting much credit (I don’t think they mind lol) but the pass & finish was superb. We’re so lucky.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They were two fantastic goals,but for me,all the components from the Joto's signal to Willy,the run,the cross
the control turn and dink into the net was so precise I just loved it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:45 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 4390
Location: Staffordshire
If Neves hadn`t scored we would all be drooling over Jota`s beauty. Best goal ever down the Mol?.......well, there was George Berry`s goal against Liverpool. :) Don`t think we will ever see a better goal than last nights at the Mol. It was that good it made national news, even the sports guy on Radio 2 mentioned it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:47 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 8:02 pm
Posts: 3079
Location: Location Location!!!
gladbachwolf wrote:
it was a decent goal but Alex Rae's up at Bolton in 2003 was better... 8)




ONLY JOKING......................... :lol: :lol:

Simply World Class that strike, outrageous skill.
I was right behind that Alex Rae strike, it was a belter, and probably the 3rd best Wolves goal I've seen. SEB's at Charlton was also a thing of beauty, but Neves trumps em both.

_________________
"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes." Brian Clough


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:35 pm 
Offline
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:42 pm
Posts: 1594
Location: Wombourne
lankywolf wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
it was a decent goal but Alex Rae's up at Bolton in 2003 was better... 8)




ONLY JOKING......................... :lol: :lol:

Simply World Class that strike, outrageous skill.
I was right behind that Alex Rae strike, it was a belter, and probably the 3rd best Wolves goal I've seen. SEB's at Charlton was also a thing of beauty, but Neves trumps em both.


Ndah’s mazy run against Preston was good too


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:35 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11227
Rae's goal was one of the first I thought of when it comes to all-time great Wolves goals. I think it won the Premier League's goal of the month award. Milijas v Bolton and Kennedy at Stockport were two more fantastic strikes from distances.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:04 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
Not taking anything away from Neves..but never forget Mark Kennedy's goal in Cardiff 2003.
For the quality of the strike, and the importance of the game, sheer quality.

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:09 am 
Offline
Bus Rider
Bus Rider

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:52 am
Posts: 2295
Location: halesowen
Was talking to a lad at work the other night about the goals we’ve seen over the years and I remember one Paul once scoredwhen he let th ball bounce over his shoulder around the halfway line, took a couple of touches and rifled it home from around 20ish yards. Cannot for the life of me remember who it was against but it was at home and I’m sure they played in red............and then neves scores a worldie and blows it all out the water.

_________________
sent via google glass using telepathy


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:24 am 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:15 am
Posts: 3928
Location: London
Lee Naylor away at Ipswich, seem to remember it was a key goal when we made that late run in to the POs and promotion.

_________________
Image

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:30 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18923
Location: WV4 and WL4
lankywolf wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
it was a decent goal but Alex Rae's up at Bolton in 2003 was better... 8)




ONLY JOKING......................... :lol: :lol:

Simply World Class that strike, outrageous skill.
I was right behind that Alex Rae strike, it was a belter, and probably the 3rd best Wolves goal I've seen. SEB's at Charlton was also a thing of beauty, but Neves trumps em both.


I was right behind that Rae strike too, perhaps I was right behind you!

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:30 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18152
shropswolf wrote:
Rae's goal was one of the first I thought of when it comes to all-time great Wolves goals. I think it won the Premier League's goal of the month award. Milijas v Bolton and Kennedy at Stockport were two more fantastic strikes from distances.


I was about twelve feet behind his left foot when he hit that. It was a goal the moment it left his boot.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:36 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11227
Rozza wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Rae's goal was one of the first I thought of when it comes to all-time great Wolves goals. I think it won the Premier League's goal of the month award. Milijas v Bolton and Kennedy at Stockport were two more fantastic strikes from distances.


I was about twelve feet behind his left foot when he hit that. It was a goal the moment it left his boot.


The thing I love about the Kennedy goal was how he just casually strolled up to the ball and then just pinged it so sweetly right in the top corner.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:53 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20522
Location: Four Oaks
Embers wrote:
lankywolf wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
it was a decent goal but Alex Rae's up at Bolton in 2003 was better... 8)




ONLY JOKING......................... :lol: :lol:

Simply World Class that strike, outrageous skill.
I was right behind that Alex Rae strike, it was a belter, and probably the 3rd best Wolves goal I've seen. SEB's at Charlton was also a thing of beauty, but Neves trumps em both.


I was right behind that Rae strike too, perhaps I was right behind you!


But then you wouldn't have been able to see.

_________________
The next level awaits - Euros now


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:10 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 18923
Location: WV4 and WL4
shropswolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Rae's goal was one of the first I thought of when it comes to all-time great Wolves goals. I think it won the Premier League's goal of the month award. Milijas v Bolton and Kennedy at Stockport were two more fantastic strikes from distances.


I was about twelve feet behind his left foot when he hit that. It was a goal the moment it left his boot.


The thing I love about the Kennedy goal was how he just casually strolled up to the ball and then just pinged it so sweetly right in the top corner.


Kennedy was a class act, one of my favourite Wolves players.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:51 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34552
Location: S E London, near Kent
Embers wrote:
Kennedy was a class act, one of my favourite Wolves players.

I liked him but he didn't 'arf get some flak thrown at him on here. :oops:

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18152
SELWolf wrote:
Embers wrote:
Kennedy was a class act, one of my favourite Wolves players.

I liked him but he didn't 'arf get some flak thrown at him on here. :oops:


Day most of um Sel? A Wolves fan could fall into a bag of thumbs and climb out sucking a tit and he would still be unhappy.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34552
Location: S E London, near Kent
Rozza wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Embers wrote:
Kennedy was a class act, one of my favourite Wolves players.

I liked him but he didn't 'arf get some flak thrown at him on here. :oops:


Day most of um Sel? A Wolves fan could fall into a bag of thumbs and climb out sucking a tit and he would still be unhappy.

Naylor...but ended up playing in the Champions League and nearly had an England call-up. :lol:

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.