Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Job done

It was a very effective performance, like that v Derby...almost a training session. Cardiff will not catch us.

However, am I alone in feeling a tad "flat"? I've spent so much mental energy willing us to achieve the goal and now that it's happened I can't work up much enthusiasm about it. I guess it's a bit like being on poppers (not that I ever have) so I'm told. After the highs come the lows. :?

I think it's the nature of a season in which a team clearly leads the division for months on end. The only way to create a "thrilling" end to the season would have been for that team to blow its lead but just about cling on in the final game.

If you look back over the table since the end of November, the closest that 3rd place ever got to us was 7 points.

Good point, well made. :wink:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:09 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Meh. Never had a chance after the sending off. Did ok in the first half though.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:14 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

kevb8ll wrote:
Meh. Never had a chance after the sending off. Did ok in the first half though.

We coasted for you. You didn't take advantage. :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Played in first gear all day long. It just demonstrates the quality at this level we have that we can ease to wins even at that minimal level of intensity - doesn't bode too well for Blues though.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Played in first gear all day long. It just demonstrates the quality at this level we have that we can ease to wins even at that minimal level of intensity - doesn't bode too well for Blues though.

Yeah. I expect the last 3 matches to be played in a similar vein. Neves and Saiss need to save themselves for the WC after all 8) 8)

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

Yeah. I expect the last 3 matches to be played in a similar vein. Neves and Saiss need to save themselves for the WC after all 8) 8)

I was somewhat surprised both featured, but the team was probably picked before Fulham's slip-up. Then again, Ndiaye is also waiting for the WC, so we don't have many other options if players are to be rested.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

I was somewhat surprised both featured, but the team was probably picked before Fulham's slip-up. Then again, Ndiaye is also waiting for the WC, so we don't have many other options if players are to be rested.

N'Daiye might actually want the game time to get him match sharp tbh.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:22 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I would like to see us cut loose, really press on rather than just manage the game. Felt we had the opportunity to put them to the sword but didn't.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies