Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Same team again as Wolves look for GOALS and a WIN.

Forecast..2-1.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:18 pm 
First XI
First XI

Yep. 2-1 for me.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:57 am 
Manager
Manager

Big game (aren't they all) as it's one we are expected to win. Points against the Mancs and the likes are great but these are the bread and butter games that give us a real opportunity to increase our points tally.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:11 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Yep - big one to keep us in top half. I am going for 3 goals...!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
Big game (aren't they all) as it's one we are expected to win. Points against the Mancs and the likes are great but these are the bread and butter games that give us a real opportunity to increase our points tally.

Next three are all very winnable.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Their strikers aren't all that bad, could be a match for Coady and co. The rest of their team is decidedly poor though.

The question is whether we can develop a ruthless streak or are we destined to always need umpteen shots at goal before scoring.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:45 am 
Manager
Manager

Cedric Soares the right sided defender is certainly a player Wolves would take in a heartbeat to fill the one glaring hole in the Wolves squad.

Along with a quality keeper Alex McCarthy and the versatile left footer Ryan Bertrand we can see all points in the Premier league have to be earned.

All teams have quality.

Also there must be a possibility of a fall out on the touchline between Nuno and Mark Hughes.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:47 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
Their strikers aren't all that bad, could be a match for Coady and co. The rest of their team is decidedly poor though.

The question is whether we can develop a ruthless streak or are we destined to always need umpteen shots at goal before scoring.

The lack of goals is clearly a concern but the number of chances created is up there just below Man City.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

HT, poor half except for the opening 5-10 mins.

The front 3 couldn't trap a bag of cement today. I hope to see at least one of Cav and Traore.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

1-0 Cav, first touch as a sub...

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

2-0. Jonny.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

FT 2-0. Seems we were very poor most of the second half, Chris Kamara on Sky said we were no threat and instantly, we went 1 up..

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Relieved to get that one done.

Not a good team display but Cav showed the clinical touch so many others in our squad lack. Still it's good to be able to grind out victories at this level, not every week will be a 30 chances a game effort.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:19 pm 
First XI
First XI

Never in doubt. Subs got it sorted for us. Didn't play well but no team does every week.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:04 pm 
First XI
First XI

gladbachwolf wrote:
FT 2-0. Seems we were very poor most of the second half, Chris Kamara on Sky said we were no threat and instantly, we went 1 up..

Saints were no mugs. Kept possession and pressed us high up the pitch. Match could have gone the other way but we showed a tremendous work ethic and desire to keep going. Our subs swung the game. Comes to summat when we can be a bit disappointed but still win 2-0 in the Premier League. Delighted with our club am I. :lol:

I am staying humble.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:37 pm 
YTS

I thought we started well, could easily have taken an early lead, and then Saints got a bit of a grip on the game. Traore continues to scare opponents; once he came on they backed off and gave him space that we eventually made the most of. I thought we were very good in the last 20.

Shame to see a noticeable number head for the exits at the 90 minute mark. A sign of the increased expectations perhaps, but 3 points in any Premier league game is a great result.

12 points after 7 games. Keep that up and we’ll be heading on a European adventure next year. Heady days.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:15 pm 
First XI
First XI

da_ken_min wrote:
I thought we started well, could easily have taken an early lead, and then Saints got a bit of a grip on the game. Traore continues to scare opponents; once he came on they backed off and gave him space that we eventually made the most of. I thought we were very good in the last 20.

Shame to see a noticeable number head for the exits at the 90 minute mark. A sign of the increased expectations perhaps, but 3 points in any Premier league game is a great result.

12 points after 7 games. Keep that up and we’ll be heading on a European adventure next year. Heady days.

You're not wrong mate.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:23 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:

I am staying humble.

It's hard though. :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Deano's Golden Boots wrote:

I am staying humble.

It's hard though. :lol:

Said the actress to the bishop....:-)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:09 am 
Manager
Manager

Southampton used old school method to best effect.

If you can move your lines effectively up and down the pitch while remaining compact you can take away your opponents time.

Without time the quality of your passing suffers.

Then the games dynamics change and your captain has choices to make.

Is he brave enough to push his own back line forward when possible or does the opponent dictate the game.

Mark Hughes was Alex Ferguson for the day, trying to play the game on his terms. Good effort.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:34 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I thought Southampton were OK. They did have periods of possession but seemed to be passing for passings sake at times. I don't think Patricio was overly troubled all game, just a couple saves that you would expect him to make.

Wolves on the other hand, always play with purpose, even if it's not coming off, you can see that they're trying to work an opening constantly. Yesterday, some players were struggling with their touch (Jota & Jiminez in particular) but the overriding philosophy ensured that we still created the better chances and for me deserved to win the game.

Mark Hughes was talking shite after the game as usual, but I've come to expect that. Used to quite like him as a player, but he really grates on me as a manager. Up there with Steve Bruce in the 'blag it until I get found out' style of management.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:50 am 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
I thought Southampton were OK. They did have periods of possession but seemed to be passing for passings sake at times. I don't think Patricio was overly troubled all game, just a couple saves that you would expect him to make.

Wolves on the other hand, always play with purpose, even if it's not coming off, you can see that they're trying to work an opening constantly. Yesterday, some players were struggling with their touch (Jota & Jiminez in particular) but the overriding philosophy ensured that we still created the better chances and for me deserved to win the game.

Mark Hughes was talking shite after the game as usual, but I've come to expect that. Used to quite like him as a player, but he really grates on me as a manager. Up there with Steve Bruce in the 'blag it until I get found out' style of management.

Very good post, in agreement.

What I find with those types the Hughes and Bruce tribe they think their performance comes because of their own doing.
Not grasping the fact its coaches like Nuno who open the game up creating the angles for both sides to use.

Put Bruce against say Paul Lambert and you create gridlock because play gets static.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:36 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

lankywolf wrote:

If his team loses it is solely down to the officials time and time again, he is a total bag of wank.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:28 pm 

But to be fair - Southampton WERE set up to frustrate us, and from the 20th to the 60th minutes did so quite effectively, and their attacks often involved more interesting movement patterns than ours.

In the end though, the Nuno way won through....

As to Hughes' comments afterwards, he showed he is just like so many other managers....

Why do managers ALWAYS feel the goals they score are the great result of quality play and coaching....
and the goals they concede are ALWAYS down to bad individual errors (ie nothing to do with me mate!!)

I like Nuno's attitude that 'we all win and lose together; we score and concede together; it is the TEAM that is important'. How long are we going to keep him???

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies