Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:58 am 
Manager
Manager

Well last nights victory more or less guarantees Premier league football next season and we aint into February yet.

That's astonishing for a newly promoted side.

So to Merseyside and Everton against a manager who looks more and more under pressure.

They will try and back us up and smother us, don't let them.

Forecast for this one.

Everton 1 Wolves 2.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Everton vs Wolves
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

Still rate Silva, hasn't quite happened for him there yet. Centre forward issues and CBs not technically good enough to play his passing game. Richarlison is the the type of player we need.

Another opportunity to put some blue water between us and one of our rivals for that coveted seventh place.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:05 am 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Still rate Silva, hasn't quite happened for him there yet. Centre forward issues and CBs not technically good enough to play his passing game. Richarlison is the the type of player we need.

Another opportunity to put some blue water between us and one of our rivals for that coveted seventh place.

I think Silva puts extra pressure on himself because he thinks he can control more than he actually can.

Far to much of what happens in football is random. Its a bit sliding doors.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:31 am 
Manager
Manager

This will be very tough. First game of the season they showed, when focused, they can move the ball around very well and Richardlison bullied our defence all over the place.

Their downfall of late has been their failures at defending setpieces, but Wolves aren't exactly the most ruthless at exploiting setpieces either.

If you go on confidence alone, we would have the upper hand, but their victory in the week may well have calmed their nerves sufficiently. I don't think we've only won at Goodison once in the last 45 years (Barnwell era).

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:27 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I'm really looking forward to this game, another one against a side in and around us in the race to be best of the rest. Richarlison will be a threat but they don't seem to have a happy camp there, Digne will be suspended and Gueye might not play for them again, should still be another good test for us despite that

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

This will all be about how we play, not them. Our best game will beat their's. If we turn up we win. If we don't they will. It's been a long time since such an outcome was genuinely in our hands.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:33 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

If you want to see the old against the new this is the ground for you. A great day out in a great city, depending on the result.
We are now at our Next Level when we play a team like Everton and are evens to walk away with a comfortable win, we used to be linked with Stoke if we wanted to get to the Next Level, erm...

Fan verbal intercourse is quite snug in this stadium, yow ay gorra shout to get your point across, enjoy it if you go.

I have been there the last twice we played them in the Prem but tomorrow I shall be In Dublin doing other things, COYW. The Boddingtons pies ay got a patch on a Chicken Balti un.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

Just my guess one change Boly for Saiss.

The concern with Wolves is when Nuno makes changes from the bench, we usually become weaker.

I have no wish to see any one of Traore, Costa or MGW today.

Cav yes, Vinagre if the game demands maybe. Saiss for Moutinho at 60 minutes another possibility.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

Deserved lead at the break. Should really have gone 2 up before they equalised with Jota's miscontrol when through and Dendonker's rather limp effort.

Their goal was nigh unstoppable to be fair but we've done enough overall to be ahead. The game is (unfortunately) a little too open for that to be end of the scoring imo, would happily take a very tedious goalless 45 mins though.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:44 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I love this team

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Fantastic performance - again! Hope Neves isn't too badly hurt, we did lose some tempo without him. Nice to see Dendonker get off the mark.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:59 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Magnificent for first 20 minutes or so, but letting them score didn't effect us too badly. Thought we might have had another or 2, but can't really say the same for Everton. Raul is getting better with every game, and if Richarlison cost 40 million, then what price Raul? Still not sure how Coady, Bennet and Boly work so well together, not the most fearsome on paper, but work well as a team / unit, and boy do they throw themselves into the firing line.

Half the office are Evertonians, I will try and be humble on Monday morning!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:33 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Great result!

Just a pity Dendonker went and scored and spoiled my Prediction League effort....

(Actually, at half time - when score was the 1-2 I predicted - turned to wife and said - "I'd rather we get a 3rd and lose the Prediction points than be sweating for 45 minutes.....")

Now for Shrews (lost 0-3 at home today), and bring on the rest of the Prem....!!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:21 am 
Manager
Manager

What dreams are made of, so pleased for the travelling Wolves fans.

You deserve it.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:40 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

only seen the extended highlights,4 times so far,loving it.
Highlight for me was The Doncks left foot volley,I do love a two footed player.
Docs bit of skill out on the touchline leading to the penalty was impressive.
If there is a better wing back in the PL I ay seen him yet.
As Monk said,I love this team and this manager,just glad I'm around to see it,if only on TV.
As Tommy Trinder said "you lucky people."

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

We're Wolverhampton, we've taken your cat...:-)

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies